What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teams v Cowboys

lucablight

First Grade
parra pete said:
Is that on this year's form..or overall? If that assessment is based on this year's form, Blake has a loooooooooooooong way to go to be a first grader.

:lol: You're a funny man.

Redback71

First Grade
didnt take long for burt to become out of favour unless he concussion from running into the goal post.

but apart from vella and timmy there is no change and thats just not good enough

I find it hard to fathom that Burt is not in the starting lineup, he has been one of our best for the last month and his goal kicking alone has to have him there.
Really it is going to be a tough game and Tim Smith hasn't played for a while and the same for Mick Vella. Cowboys want a win in front of the home crowd to finish the season so expect a big effort.
With the Roosters sending out sticky a winner over the Dragons we could finish 6th and play the Sea Eagles in the 1st the week.
I hope they prove me wrong but it's going to a be a big ask against the Cowboys up there.

Utey

Coach
JT has picked the best side he could. He leaves at the end of the year, so the Hiddink factor comes into play about not being there to make anyone happy.

True EEL

Bench
yy_cheng said:
To be honest, I thought Delaney looked better last week than in most games that I have seen him play at NRL level.

And I'm not a Delaney fan.

i agree - and i'm not a Delaney fan either.....

i thought he really "put in" in a very tough situation and played pretty well given the circumstances and think some are "scape-goating" him somewhat??

True EEL

Bench
very gald to see Timmy and Vella back......hope they actually play

can understand the Burt demotion, was his worst game of the stretch, but he may still find himslef on the bench yet??

Suitman

Post Whore
True EEL said:
i agree - and i'm not a Delaney fan either.....

i thought he really "put in" in a very tough situation and played pretty well given the circumstances and think some are "scape-goating" him somewhat??

I also agree.
Wagon was the one who didn't put in this week. Big time.

Suity

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Bazal said:
Are you high? He wasn't great, but he didn't do anything wrong and was far from our worst. Poor guy is the new Ash "Morons Punching Bag" Graham...

So because YOU say Ash was good means he was? So you know, you're calling not only Eels fans, but Cowboys fans morons as they think he is terrible aswell.

The fact that JT gives Delaney game time makes it easier to deal with him being replaced by Hagan next year. Dead set, Delaney is one of the worst players in first grade. He can only kick goals and he isn't consistent there either. Plus you need to score tries to kick goals, if our fowards get monstered again then we won't be scoring any tries. Zeb Taia should have been a certainty, especially considering we now have Vella as our only real foward on the bench.

Work your magic JT :thumb

Kornstar

Coach
Avenger said:
Mullen and Blake played together at schoolboy level. Mullen really has excelled and progressed much quicker then Blake even though Blake was initially rated more likely to succeed.

Mullen was forced into First Grade last year, Green should have been forced into first grade this year but with the fact that JT won't be here next year, he doesn't need to build on the future and he picked the guy that he will have under him at Souths next year instead of the guy who will be with us next year who has an amazing amount of talent

bartman

Immortal
Good to see Vella named, having an extra forward will make a difference from the bench. If he's fit, then he's the best option we have for that role.

Same goes for Tim, with corcumstances as they are if he's fit then he's our best option into the halves.

Glad to see Wade not on the bench, as I don't think it's worth carrying an outside back on the bench unless it's to cover a known injury? Sure it was worth a try but since we've lost some size it just leaves you too light on. So with Eric's return Burt might miss out, but we just have too many backs to choose amongst at the moment, and that's not really our biggest problem.

bartman

Immortal
Lot of posts questioning Delaney's presence and Burt's shift to 18... think it may have been in response to how the injury to Robbo (and a knock to Hindy?) affected our choices off the bench. McKinnon is not going to come off the bench into the front or second row, and that's what we ended up a bit short on because of the circumstances in teh last game.

Delaney is an option to do that (into second row) and while not a superstar will at least contribute to the rotations and give guys a vital rest, whilst also being there as cover for an in-game injury among the backs. Burt or McKinnon can't offer that same versatility from the bench, and with Vella back for that bench spot JT just looks to have favoured Wade for inclusion in the side ahead of Luke this week?

mighty eel

Juniors
It's a big risk because he is not fully fit and begged JT to make him play JT didn't like the idea but said to him if you get injured again it's mick's own folt.

JT didnt say anything about fitness tests on 2KY this morning. He said he was happy to have 4 guys fresh (that havent played much football recently) and ready to have a crack. (Timmy,Micky,Eric & Wade)

I might have to go down to North Sydney Oval on friday afternoon and cheer on the youngsters.

sooperdooper

First Grade
Parra Guru said:
to be fair sooperdooper, I don't think many people are really getting into a Delaney bash, but it does seem silly to leave some of our up and coming back rowers out when BD has been no better than average up until last Sunday.

As I said, I like the guy, but he doesn't deserve a mortgage on the spot either.

he doesnt, he keeps earning it! by not making silly mistakes!
and training hard and putting in the effort

sooperdooper

First Grade
i do feel for luke burt.
has a tremendous few games then has a shocker and dropped, i guess thats what can happen when you have a guy named wade mckinnon breathing down your neck... in my eyes only one of them will play we only need one... having one on the bench was a bit of a waste!

Ppl are nominating taia instead of delaney correct me if im wrong but delaney stepped up and handled a monster brisbane pack yet zeb was falling behind when he debut in the forwards...
i rate taia, he will be at parra next year and deserves his shot...

Tank30

Juniors
Our pack is simply not big enough to trouble the main contenders to the title at this point. We need a big bopper in the side somewhere and we just don't have that withthis lineup.

CrazyEel

Bench
sooperdooper said:
he doesnt, he keeps earning it! by not making silly mistakes!
and training hard and putting in the effort
You've seen far more of Delaney in lower grades than I have so I acknowledge I may be missing something, but from what I've seen of him in 1sts he hasn't done one single thing that would lead me to believe he's anything other than a handy fringe fill in.