What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teams v Cowboys

Stagger eel

Staff member
CrazyEel said:
You've seen far more of Delaney in lower grades than I have so I acknowledge I may be missing something, but from what I've seen of him in 1sts he hasn't done one single thing that would lead me to believe he's anything other than a handy fringe fill in.

it's all about opinion and I agree with your statment Crazy..I just can't help feeling that Sooper as a personale connection with Frog and If he's backing a mate will then that's what mates tend to do isn't it?? ;-)

CrazyEel

Bench
eelavation said:
it's all about opinion and I agree with your statment Crazy..I just can't help feeling that Sooper as a personale connection with Frog and If he's backing a mate will then that's what mates tend to do isn't it?? ;-)
Absolutely, but makes you wonder what relationship Pete has with Tim :crazy: :lol:

Parra Guru

Coach
sooper, the other kids train just as hard as froggy. And froggy isn't in the plans for next year, so what I'm trying to say is that he should probably be replaced for one of our younger players to blood them for firsts. He hasn't done enough to keep them at bay.

sooperdooper

First Grade
everyone is entitled to there opinion
i beleive delaney has done enough to keep his spot, so does the coaching staff. That was his first experience against a Broncos pack with little help around him and he handled it very well.

sooperdooper

First Grade
eelavation said:

No personal connection... I just beleive in him.
I am sure you can agree with me eela we have not seen the best of him!

Parra Guru

Coach
I think all the forwards performed well under the circumstances on Sunday. And I think the tackle count backs that up.

Kornstar

Coach
I think Tim ran over Pete's cat, or crashed his car or something, he really dislikes Tim doesn't he?

yy_cheng

Coach
pg, i beg to differ from you.

What's at stake is now, the 2006 GF.

I would blood the other players not because they may or may not be here next year, but we may need them come semis.

I would blood props this game, Paulo, who's been in form or anyone else who can fit this role and is in some form.

What if, heaven forbids, Chad or Hindy or Cordoba or Vella goes down this game? We'd be w/o another prop for the semis.

My bench would be

14. PJ
15. Paulo [Widders - can have a break to give Paulo some experience]
16. Delaney
17. Vella

Ideally, I would give Hindy a break and stick Delaney or Widders in the starting lineup.

Bazal

Post Whore
ParraDude_Jay said:
So because YOU say Ash was good means he was? So you know, you're calling not only Eels fans, but Cowboys fans morons as they think he is terrible aswell.

The fact that JT gives Delaney game time makes it easier to deal with him being replaced by Hagan next year. Dead set, Delaney is one of the worst players in first grade. He can only kick goals and he isn't consistent there either. Plus you need to score tries to kick goals, if our fowards get monstered again then we won't be scoring any tries. Zeb Taia should have been a certainty, especially considering we now have Vella as our only real foward on the bench.

Work your magic JT :thumb

Never said he was good. He is a solid fringe first grader. The reference is to the fact that Graham was the scape goat for fools looking for someone to blame every single loss. Delaney is suffering the same fate it would seem...

Parra Guru

Coach
yy_cheng said:
pg, i beg to differ from you.

What's at stake is now, the 2006 GF.

I would blood the other players not because they may or may not be here next year, but we may need them come semis.

I would blood props this game, Paulo, who's been in form or anyone else who can fit this role and is in some form.

What if, heaven forbids, Chad or Hindy or Cordoba or Vella goes down this game? We'd be w/o another prop for the semis.

My bench would be

14. PJ
15. Paulo [Widders - can have a break to give Paulo some experience]
16. Delaney
17. Vella

Ideally, I would give Hindy a break and stick Delaney or Widders in the starting lineup.

I see what your saying, but do you really think you'd lose anything by taking Delaney OUT?

Widders has been ordinary this year to be fair. I think we all are a little guilty of putting sh*t on fringies like Delaney and Burt when guys like Widders and Riddell have been pretty crap, maybe the odd good game, all year.

emjaycee

Coach
sooperdooper said:
I am sure you can agree with me eela we have not seen the best of him!

Until he passes the ball we may never see the best in him.
As an ex-winger, I would not like to be playing outside Delaney when he is in the centres as I can't recall a game this year that he has set up his winger with a decent pass.

Happy to be proven wrong.

fish eel

Immortal
Parra Guru said:
Widders has been ordinary this year to be fair. I think we all are a little guilty of putting sh*t on fringies like Delaney and Burt when guys like Widders and Riddell have been pretty crap, maybe the odd good game, all year.

I actually Dean has been more than good over the last few weeks, up to the broncos game...and Riddell is really firing up.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Not sure if it's been mentioned and quite frankly I can't be bothered reading through 7 pages to find out but.....

All coaches have their favorites

Delaney happens to be JT's
if Jeremy Smith didn't get injured Timmy would be playing Reggies this week or given an extra week to recover.

sooperdooper

First Grade
emjaycee said:
Until he passes the ball we may never see the best in him.
As an ex-winger, I would not like to be playing outside Delaney when he is in the centres as I can't recall a game this year that he has set up his winger with a decent pass.

Happy to be proven wrong.

i have seen a few
one example against panthers... offload for morro to score!

sooperdooper

First Grade
Parra Guru said:
I see what your saying, but do you really think you'd lose anything by taking Delaney OUT?

would we miss anything if we took cordoba out?
considering he made the least metres and least tackles?

you need to ask that...

sooperdooper

First Grade
widders has been patchy this year, he needs to learn to pass. Alot of the time his dummy step dummy just doesnt work now!

lucablight

First Grade
Parra Guru said:

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I agree that Widders and Riddell have under performed on a number of occassions this season, however, that was in the period when no one's form was anything to write home about.