What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teams v Raiders

Stagger eel

Staff member
Seriously, Why blood Tony for? He's shoved 5 years worth of our investment in our faces by Signing for Manly and now we are helping out the geniuss even more.

He should of been given ago much earlier in the year and obviously re-signed much earlier. It will be gut wrenching to watch him play 1st grade and know that he won't be with us next year.

what about the NRL contract clause????

we have until the end of next week to re-sign Williams...if he turns on a big game on Saturday who knows what can happen, I may be drawing a long bow but......

Tank30

Juniors
1. Luke Burt
2. Taulima Tautai

3. Krisnan Inu
4. Joel Reddy
5. Tony Williams
6. Feleti Mateo
7. Brett Finch
8. Nathan Cayless [c]
9. Mark Riddell
10. Fuifui Moimoi
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Daniel Wagon
13. Chad Robinson
INTERCHANGE
14. Matthew Keating
15. Josh Cordoba
16. Weller Hauraki
17. Junior Paulo
COACH: Michael Hagan

Paulo needs to start with Fui off the bench...Other than that, with the cattle available, not a bad side..

xr62nv

Juniors

we have until the end of next week to re-sign Williams...if he turns on a big game on Saturday who knows what can happen, I may be drawing a long bow but......

offer the same amount of money and lets hope for the best that he does ..

he should switch with reddy though , same as paulo with fui and riddell with keating..

bartman

Immortal
...what needs/needed to happen is we offer him considerably more than we were willing to a month ago, if the club/coach actually wants to keep him.

Maybe they're waiting to see if he measures up to a first grade debut before doing so, but it seems a bit of a strange way to do business? Playing catch up to other clubs before getting your own back yard in order...

Gronk

Staff member

FMD we should. I read somewhere that Manly is only paying him $150K.

the_eel

Juniors

Mate i was thinking exactly the same thing.....maybe it's just wishful thinking on both of our behalf.

eel01s

Bench

FMD I nearly fell off my chair........

BUT, it sort of makes sense doesn't it? I mean, why else would they blood Williams now?

Can Parra actually keep Williams, even though he has signed with Manly? (assuming the NRL contract clause is correct?) I thought that only meant we had the right to a final offer?

On another note, maybe Grothe was true to his word and sacked himself.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade

A very long one, sorry to say. I can't see those pricks Manly going to all this trouble only to lose him now. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Grothe gone? Good, can't wait to hear from those people who were defending his performance when even Hages thought it was bad enough to warrant changes.

Williams in? For crying out loud, this club :x. Kid doesn't look like getting a go, we don't make a decent offer, he signs with Manly, so we blood him and on the wing no less!

**** Manly, we've done enough work for them. Maybe I've been watching too much football (soccer) but IMO as soon as someone has signed elsewhere they should go. Don't we have a young winger who is actually going to be here next year? So much for this supposed depth.

Are you serious, I thought Manly had signed him???? Are you getting my hopes up?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Can Parra actually keep Williams, even though he has signed with Manly? (assuming the NRL contract clause is correct?) I thought that only meant we had the right to a final offer?

those are the rules aren't they?? correct me if I'm wrong....

Stagger eel

Staff member
Are you serious, I thought Manly had signed him???? Are you getting my hopes up?

NO!!....but look what happened to Luke Lewis????

I have absolutely NFI!!! whether we're looking at excercising this clause or not but the rule is in place and it just so happens to be the end of round 13 [next week] which is the deadline.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,23789898-5001023,00.html
The Luke Lewis loophole
Article from: The Sunday Telegraph

By Steve Mascord

June 01, 2008 12:00am

MORE than a dozen NRL contracts could be made null and void this week if clubs employ what is now knows as the Lewis loophole.

Luke Lewis's about-face to stay with Penrith after agreeing to join South Sydney has exposed an out-clause for players changing clubs in 2009.

Only one player who has signed with a rival club has had his current team waive in writing its right to make a counter offer before round 13.

"I think you'll find more clubs making stipulations, but it depends on your situation,'' said Souths chief executive Shane Richardson.

"Why would you waive your right to make a late offer for someone unless you wanted someone out of the club? Your salary cap position could change.''

Cronulla and the Roosters exchanged emails regarding Anthony Tupou, which would make it difficult for the Roosters to make a bid to keep him.

But stars like Israel Folau, Willie Tonga, Ben Hannant, David Shillington and Josh Morris could all employ the Lewis loophole and renege on their new deals this week if they wished.

"Hopefully everyone now understands it's a good idea to check with a player's current club to make sure he has permission to complete a deal somewhere else,'' NRL chief executive David Gallop said.

"The round 13 rule is vastly superior to the old June 30 rule.''

St George Illawarra chief executive Peter Doust said he wouldn't consider trying to stop Morris from joining the Bulldogs at the last minute.

"It's just that Ian Schubert won't register the contract before round 13,'' Doust said.
And Penrith aren't about to try to keep Canberra recruit Nathan Smith despite gazumping Souths on Lewis.

"I think one of those is enough,'' said chief executive Mick Leary.

Canberra chief executive Don Furner said he had verbal agreements with both Michael Weyman (St George Illawarra) and William Zillman (Gold Coast) that he accepted their departures.

Cronulla's Tony Zappia said he had ensured there would be no complications regarding Tupou.

"I sent (Roosters CEO) Brian Canavan an email asking if we could announce the signing,'' Zappia said.

"He sent one back saying they could not match the offer and confirming we could announce it. It's pretty simple.''

Stagger eel

Staff member
**** Manly, we've done enough work for them. Maybe I've been watching too much football (soccer) but IMO as soon as someone has signed elsewhere they should go. Don't we have a young winger who is actually going to be here next year? So much for this supposed depth.

what depth??? that was one of my biggest gripes for this year....

El Diablo

Post Whore
Only one player who has signed with a rival club has had his current team waive in writing its right to make a counter offer before round 13.

so unless we have done that it looks like we can still re-sign him

Latest posts