What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teams v Raiders

Gronk

Staff member
**** Manly, we've done enough work for them. Maybe I've been watching too much football (soccer) but IMO as soon as someone has signed elsewhere they should go. Don't we have a young winger who is actually going to be here next year? So much for this supposed depth.

Remember Cranky Bennett / Hodges when he signed with the Roosters ?

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Field/8957/2008_mov.htm

NEW RULES 2007 (since the NRL scrapped the June 30 anti-tampering deadline)
- Anyone can talk to any club at any time
- A contract won't be registered with the NRL until after Round 13
- A player can sign for another club at any time but their existing club has the protection of knowing that until Round 13 they have the right to continue negotiations to try and retain that player.

Avenger

Immortal
This is my take on things.

1. Williams will probably play in the centres.

2. The club knows too well that supporters are upset about Tony Williams that is why they issues a press release.

3. It is obvious we have money left over and we have missed out on Ennis, therefore do not be surprised if we exercise the clause if he has a blinder. It would be a personal victory for Fitzy over Manly. There is no club he hates more.

The Colonel

Immortal
3. It is obvious we have money left over and we have missed out on Ennis, therefore do not be surprised if we exercise the clause if he has a blinder. It would be a personal victory for Fitzy over Manly. There is no club he hates more.

Needs to be exercised BEFORE he has a blinder.

Once Round 13 starts we can't do sh*t.

The Colonel

Immortal
But once round 13 starts then the clause is closed.

A player can sign for another club at any time but their existing club has the protection of knowing that until Round 13 they have the right to continue negotiations to try and retain that player.

Only one player who has signed with a rival club has had his current team waive in writing its right to make a counter offer before round 13.

forward pass

Coach
What are all you guys on??

Our coaching staff don't need to watch him again to see if hes any good? He is gone - accept it ffs. If we really wanted to keep him we would have done it this week but we didn't as the club has accepted his decision.

As for the team - Tautai had his best game in the centres - he is on the wing. Inu is a sensational winger - he is in the centres???? I can almost say the same again about Reddy and Williams. wtf is going on.

If he had any inside knowledge that he may be retained by the club he certainly did not display that on Friday night....or if he did he is having a laugh.

Avenger

Immortal
It's too coincidental, something is going on. Why debut him just before round 13 ?

El Diablo

Post Whore
While clubs can approach rival players from November 1, contracts can't be registered with the NRL before round 13 of next season's premiership without the consent of the player's current club, but there will be no shortage of activity over the coming months as several big-name players come off contract next year.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/4251420a10713.html

so we have till Monday to sign him if i'm reading things correctly

Pazza

First Grade
hoping the side runs out like

1.Burt
2.Inu
3.TT
4.Williams
5.Reddy
6.Mateo
7.Finch
8.Cayless
9.MK
10.Paulo
11.Hindmarsh
12.Weller
13.Robbo

14.Riddell
15.Cordoba
16.Moi Moi
17. Wagon

The Colonel

Immortal
The contract can't be registered before then. The club would need to exercise its right to put in a counter offer before Round 13.

TheRam

Coach
what about the NRL contract clause????

we have until the end of next week to re-sign Williams...if he turns on a big game on Saturday who knows what can happen, I may be drawing a long bow but......

Well Stagger I hope you are right, but previous management decisions don't leave me to confident either. Time and Williams's performance will tell. But to leave themselves in such a precarious position is the height of amateurism. Not to mention, how can anyone really know how good a player will be based on his debut performance.

This again if it is the main reasoning behind his elevation, would be a damning display of the lame abilities of our coaching staff. Horse bolted and rounded up in someone else's corral comes to mind.

Latest posts