What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teams vs Canberra

Utey

Coach
Mate that Prems team would give our 1st grade side a real run. Great side and we will beat Canberra by 14 points.

shiftysmith

Juniors
forward pass said:
As for Wade - I think he has been dropped - period. The signs were there that BS wasn't overly happy with him ie sitting on the bench against Raiders so I would say that Reddy has just done nothing wrong and won the spot. This will really get Wade going so it is a great move.
come on wade has been one of our best wk in wk out not just this year but last year to

Wagonator

Juniors
I think this is a master stroke. I agree with the freshness the young guys would give the team. The regular first graders will get some match fitness back and be primed for the Broncos game and then the semi's. I just hope BS isnt underestimating Canberra.

Then again, Brian could be doing this just to piss Matt Elliot off.

Hellsy

Immortal
What a wonderful team that has been named!!
Perfect time to have these kiddies play a few more games and give our established firstgraders time to regain match fitness while in Ressies, without as much danger of injury... all in time for finals :D :D :D :D

Brian could also be readying us for the Finals if a few injuries hit us.

We have 2 games left, and if you wanna take the chance of playing a few Premmy boys in 1st Grade before the Finals just to give them another taste and have a good look at them up in the Top Grade, you would choose this weekend's game.

Remember when Brian pulled a player off against the Warriors in the 01 QF and let us play with 12 men, just so the boys could get used to it if they had to face it later in the Finals? I get the feeling this might be one fo those ploys.

mickdo

Coach
forward pass said:
As for Wade - I think he has been dropped - period. The signs were there that BS wasn't overly happy with him ie sitting on the bench against Raiders so I would say that Reddy has just done nothing wrong and won the spot. This will really get Wade going so it is a great move.
Stop smoking that green stuff! :lol: :lol: :lol:

WA Eel

Juniors
Maybe Brian is affraid to drop Rocket's son given what happened last time one of his sons got dropped :)

varion

Juniors
Has Jack Afamasaga been playing that ordinary ?? He showed such promise and now cant even get a look in with all our injuries.

O'Dwyer is leaving the club, with a view to the future would of liked to see Chad remain in the 13 and Jack in the 12 rather than have O'Dwyer in the side.

O'Dwyer seems to have little impact or attack in him and is rather small size wise.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
O'Dwyer's still at the club for one year. He's been showing some promise whenever he's in first grade.

Haynzy

First Grade
I think HJ is right.

But it could be a ploy as per the normal mad prof and those guys will all be in the starting line up and stuffing with matty elliots head.

dazeely

First Grade
Kornstar said:
I think Vella is still in doubt and Cordoba will play if Vella is not 100%

I'm sure he still had some sort of support brace on his hand last week. Quick recovery if you ask me.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Another reason why Cannings is in PL is that incase we dont make the GF and the PL side does, Cannings would be eligible with enough games under his belt.

Hurriflatch

Referee
The other thing is with the come from behind win v Dragons in reggies last week the reggies team wrapped up the minor premeirship and it's time a few of them got some rewards for their strong year.

as a bonus it's easier on the likes of Wade, Wags and Petersen who haven't played for a few weeks to get back some match fitness.

I'm expecting Cordoba to line up in 1st grade and almost certainly at the expense of Michael Vella.

Just on the reggies team apparently both Williams and Graham picked up knocks in the Dragons game not sure if they are in any major doubt for the match tho.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
is this Corboda's first game

didn't he play one game earlier this year, or last year

if his debut, he is sure to score a try

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
then he is bound to sore a try

I must have seen him in one of the trials earlier this year