What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tedesco rumour

BringTheNoise

Juniors
Clubs are lining up to sign Tedesco for 1 mil plus a season, while there are no reports of any other clubs offering Dugan close the the mil a season, that he wants he wants. So we are not the only club who is unwilling to pay him 1 mil a season.

We definitely should not be paying overs for Dugan, like we did on his last contract. Dugan should be thanking Saints for paying him 850K a season for the last few years. He has been over payed for the last 4 few years and wants to continue to be over payed.

2 questions:

1) which clubs have offered Tedesco $1million plus a season? Can you name a single one?

2) when has Dugan or his manager ever stated that they were after $1million per season? I dare you to find me a single quote...

Dragon_Taylor6

Juniors
How do you know there is no TPA deals in place or that are available at the Dragons. In the past it is well reported that Gassier was on a TPA but this was kept very quiet until the TPA fell over.

I would be very sure that Hunt's 1m a year deal would include a TPA element. And if we signed someone like Tedesco, a TPA would be part of the deal.

I still believe that TPA's and player's NRL salaries should be listed on a public register. I'm not advocating that the taxable income of players be listed, only that the NRL salary - as listed in the Club's salary cap and the TPA's as registered with the NRL should be in the public domain.

Players often receive other income e.g. funds from rental investments, funds from business ventures and funds from other ventures such as books, TV shows and personal endorsements.

There still remains a dark cloud over the ability of some NRL clubs to have a large number of marquee players in their roster and how they manage to more likely win the signature of top line players.

I may be wrong, but I thought the club has come out in the last few years and mentioned the issue.

possm

Coach
The TPA scheme is so corrupt that very few instances of TPA information is reported. Media outlets speculate but that's about it. It's time for these deals to be publicised so that fans can see the unfairness of the scheme and demand that the NRL or player managers take control of the scheme.

Sloth

Juniors
I remember reading that Lockyer's last contract was only worth $240k off of the salary cap, that would of been one of the largest TPA for that time.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I remember reading that Lockyer's last contract was only worth $240k off of the salary cap, that would of been one of the largest TPA for that time.

The Broncos have never adhered to the "spirit" behind the salary cap, they are a law unto themselves and have been this way since 1988.

1992/'93, anyone?

possm

Coach
The Broncos have never adhered to the "spirit" behind the salary cap, they are a law unto themselves and have been this way since 1988.

1992/'93, anyone?
And by making the salary cap and TPA's public, every man and his dog will see this for what it is and those NRL buffoons will have no place to hide.

SEAT 1A

Bench
I'll put an end to the speculation. Our family knows Teddy and his family and there is no way he is coming to the Dragons...

Thanks twinkletoes. Now that another rumor is put to bed, the club needs to re-sign one our best who wants to stay.

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
Yes it is very possible for it to go pear shape however, if we had more professional people being involved, we could cease the opportunity to take a great leap forward with the make up of our roster.

Doust has to be past his used by date and Millward is just part of the 'old boy' club who has failed as a lower grade coach and as an assistant to Mary. Like Craig Young he found wanting and is just moved on to another lucrative job within the Club.

Possm, I think that you are being a little unfair on Millward. Since he has taken over recruitment there seems to have been some logic to the process which was certainly lacking in previous years. The most promising juniors have been re-signed, Vaughan and McInnes (despite many doubters on the Forum) have already proven to be winners and I certainly applauded the signing of Dodd, Lewis, Hind and Nona as at least back-ups as good as Matthews and Marketo.

The "jobs for the boys" comment that regularly gets an airing on the Forum ignores the fact that most coaches get their start with their former club. I think you can compile a list quite easily: Toovey and Hasler at Manly, Stuart lower grades at the Bulldogs, Similarly Cleary at the Roosters, Gould at the Panthers, Fittler at the Roosters, Payten lower grades at Wests Tigers, Furner at the Raiders....... Should we say no to Luke Bailey on the basis of his years at the Dragons? Fittler was not successful,and like Brown and Young may have got his appointment too soon after his playing career finished. But in general if you have maintained your passion for the club from your playing days it seems logically to start a coaching career there. Not just in coaching either -. Andrew Leeds as West Tigers physio, Wendell Sailor in his promotional work for the Dragons. Now we have Brian Johnstone as Chairman of the Board. I have no doubt had he not had to resign as CEO to battle cancer our club would have been much better run by him than Doust! And who would now say no to Mark Coyne as CEO?

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Possm, I think that you are being a little unfair on Millward. Since he has taken over recruitment there seems to have been some logic to the process which was certainly lacking in previous years. The most promising juniors have been re-signed, Vaughan and McInnes (despite many doubters on the Forum) have already proven to be winners and I certainly applauded the signing of Dodd, Lewis, Hind and Nona as at least back-ups as good as Matthews and Marketo.

The "jobs for the boys" comment that regularly gets an airing on the Forum ignores the fact that most coaches get their start with their former club. I think you can compile a list quite easily: Toovey and Hasler at Manly, Stuart lower grades at the Bulldogs, Similarly Cleary at the Roosters, Gould at the Panthers, Fittler at the Roosters, Payten lower grades at Wests Tigers, Furner at the Raiders....... Should we say no to Luke Bailey on the basis of his years at the Dragons? Fittler was not successful,and like Brown and Young may have got his appointment too soon after his playing career finished. But in general if you have maintained your passion for the club from your playing days it seems logically to start a coaching career there. Not just in coaching either -. Andrew Leeds as West Tigers physio, Wendell Sailor in his promotional work for the Dragons. Now we have Brian Johnstone as Chairman of the Board. I have no doubt had he not had to resign as CEO to battle cancer our club would have been much better run by him than Doust! And who would now say no to Mark Coyne as CEO?

CEO of an NRL club is far, far beneath what Coyne has been doing.

That being the case, it should be a piece of piss for him.

Get around him.

possm

Coach
If Johnstone manages to get agreement on the WIN TV deal, there is no way WIN TV would put up with the cronies managing our Club.

getsmarty

Immortal
Not coming. Millward stated that Field may transition to fullback in 2018. He also said Widdop may be an option for the fullback spot. .

chuckles

Juniors
Did anyone watch the show today?
A mate just told me the panel were discussing the usual Dugan at Fullback v Centre scenario
When David Ricco mentioned " Yes the Dragons have spoken to Tedesco AND ONE OTHER BIG NAME PLAYER " ? He didn't elaborate
Has anyone heard anything ?

possm

Coach
Not coming. Millward stated that Field may transition to fullback in 2018. He also said Widdop may be an option for the fullback spot. .
Millward is a dope. Stuffed every job he's had a the Dragons. If it wasn't for his father being part of the 'old boys club' he wouldn't be there. Trying to plot a players career on a white board just doesn't work.