What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tedesco rumour

giboz71

First Grade
We're scoring points funnily enough because our halves have been dominant. Who would have thought with McCrone and Widdop? But they both had blinders today.

But we also had 2 glaring misses , first when Duges kicking instead of passing when he had a 2 man overlap, and Nene not finding Milne with no one in front. Against the better sides , these are chances we need to convert.

We're going great right now , but we can be so much better with a bit of polish. Hence someone like Tedesco coming into the side, we'd be almost unstoppable with Hunt feeding him.

If he's available and interested, we need to keep chasing him.

Clifferd

Coach
Calling somebody dumb because they have a different opinion and expecting a civil response.

Weak.

Go back to the tigpie forum, troll.

I pointed out the obvious fact that nofo let in 3 tries, not Teddy?

yeah I think you're dumb

Clifferd

Coach
Wow, you are a special kind of stupid. Plenty of better judges of footy players than I say he is one of the best, if not the best fullback currently going around. Why don't you bugger off to another forum, you seem to be having trouble having proper conversations with quite reasonable forumers in here.

I've literally never met someone so dumb as that guy. Sorry you have to put up with that as a supporter

BrissyRedV

Bench
I've literally never met someone so dumb as that guy. Sorry you have to put up with that as a supporter
All forums have them. There are a few more who troll around the Rate Widdop thread that are special as well. Some people really struggle to give credit where it is due, and in Teddy, you guys have a top quality player. I would hate to see him leave you guys unless of course it was to us. ;)

TomRedVRiver

Bench
The club has to be chasing a fullback, HAS to be.
Millward is not budging on the idea of Dugan playing centre it would seem. It's looking like Widdop will re-sign and if he doesn't they have Field who will slot into 5/8.
That leaves the fullback position wide open. Unless they're planning on playing one of Widdop/Field at fullback and the other at 5/8? Which would make sense but is a big risk.

mickeylane

Bench
If
The club has to be chasing a fullback, HAS to be.
Millward is not budging on the idea of Dugan playing centre it would seem. It's looking like Widdop will re-sign and if he doesn't they have Field who will slot into 5/8.
That leaves the fullback position wide open. Unless they're planning on playing one of Widdop/Field at fullback and the other at 5/8? Which would make sense but is a big risk.
If DUGAN leaves will lose a big game player IMO he's irreplaceable

monsterkev

Juniors
He not ready he not playing well .
For me mann to fullback and milne centre
I liked Mann as centre today he didn't get the ball much be he did ok when he got it
But his defence was exceptional
Compared to aitken he made idris look very ordinary and smashed him
I think he needs to stay as centre particularly against the top teams and you could see even McDonald had the confidence in him and not come off his wing

KiamaSaint

Coach
Mann needs to remain in the 17.

We don't learn from our mistakes, do we? He was left out most of the year in 2016, he comes in and is one of our best in the back half of the season. So what do we do, leave him out again. Hopefully he is in the rest of the season.

Old Timer

Coach
I pointed out the obvious fact that nofo let in 3 tries, not Teddy?

yeah I think you're dumb
Actually your teams coaching or defensive tactics let the 3 tries in.
Nofo's position where to stand was set by the rest of the team and as he is on the end of the line he has to be in sync with rest of the team in respect of spacing.
If he stayed out he would have left a gaping hole infield which you could drive a bus through.
Your teams effort today shows exactly the shortcomings of a compressed defensive line.
Works somedays but looks very ugly when found out.

Ted bartolo

Juniors
Same goes for Milne our best outside back second half of last year..Hasn't done much for the cutters but you could see today he wants to play first grade.Lafai has done well this year.I hope Mann to replace Dugan and Milne in side I don't think he would let us down

Frank Facer

First Grade
2 questions:

1) which clubs have offered Tedesco $1million plus a season? Can you name a single one?

2) when has Dugan or his manager ever stated that they were after $1million per season? I dare you to find me a single quote...
No, I can not name the clubs that are offering Tedesco 1 mil plus a season, but those are the figures that the media is talking about. Clubs such as Canterbury, Easts and Wests may have already offered Tedesco 1 mil plus.

As for Dugan. It is reported that we offered him 750K a season, it is also reported that Dugan is currently on 850K a season and he wants a bigger contract than he is currently on. Anything above 850K a season is very close to 1 mil season. There is also an article on Foxsports today that says Dugan and the club are currently at a stand off over his 1 million dollar asking price and his preference to play fullback.

The funny thing is that you are questioning even doubting that clubs are lining up to sign Tedesco for 1 mil plus and you are also questioning even doubting that Dugan is after 1 mil a season. Am I correct about those two things?

Last edited:

BringTheNoise

Juniors
No, I can not name the clubs that are offering Tedesco 1 mil plus a season, but those are the figures that the media is talking about. Clubs such as Canterbury, Easts and Wests may have already offered Tedesco 1 mil plus.

As for Dugan. It is reported that we offered him 750K a season, it is also reported that Dugan is currently on 850K a season and he wants a bigger contract than he is currently on. Anything above 850K a season is very close to 1 mil season. There is also an article on Foxsports today that says Dugan and the club are currently at a stand off over his 1 million dollar asking price and his preference to play fullback.

The funny thing is that you are questioning even doubting that clubs are lining up to sign Tedesco for 1 mil plus and you are also questioning even doubting that Dugan is after 1 mil a season. Am I correct about those two things?

Oh right because the media "reported" it then it must be true, hey!