1. Round 9 Edition OUT NOW:

The Round 9 issue of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and NRL match programme for is out now!

This week Andrew Ferguson shares an incredible piece detailing the birthplaces of rugby league and its clubs in Sydney. As always, we have the full program for the coming weekend's action across NRL, NSWRL and QRL with a wrap-up of the weekend just gone.

VOLUME 2 ISSUE 9 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Tedesco rumour

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by jak, Mar 25, 2017.

1. mickeylane

mickeylane Bench

We need to make 4 major signing moves over next month.
    1. Re sign DUGAN
    2. Re sign WIDDOP
    3. Sign another top line Prop (Vaughan, AhMau, Packer, ?)
    4. Collectively re sign (Packer, Milne, Mann, Nightingale)

dragonssamy61 likes this.
  2. rasaint

rasaint Juniors

At the risk of incurring the wrath of many and mainly OT (still love your RedV passion mate) I see Duges as a good player and not a superstar that he is elevated to on this forum. I have consistently said I would like him at the club but my opinion is nothing like the money he is on. For all the hype and comments by Qld ex players ( I believe they want us tying our cap up with Duges and NSW to keep playing him) I just don't see a superstar, I see a good player who does some very runs and tackles, but so do many others on a lot less of the cap.

Yesterday Tedesco was a shining light for the Tigers. Every time they threw the ball to him they made ground and he looked dangerous. Duges was solid but handled comfortably by Tigers and almost pushed an intercept pass ,we were lucky.

Widdopdh was again fantastic and whilst not a great kicker a good goal shooter. For similar money take Tedesco over Duges any day.

BrissyRedV and Frank Facer like this.
  3. Minh

Minh First Grade

Re-sign Dugan, obviously Tedesco is an amazing player too.....

4. BringTheNoise

BringTheNoise Juniors

LMAO what posts are you reading!? Dugan is considerably underrated on this forum, especially in comparison the praise he gets in the media, rep circles and from coaches.

5. monsterkev

monsterkev Juniors

Ma
    Mate why should you have to come up with proof of who's after Tedesco etc
    Every man and his dog can see it in newspapers,Internet,fox,etc etc
    Bring the noise should just bring the silence
    He questions everybody's opinion
    He will probably have a go at me now but I don't care

Frank Facer likes this.
  6. Old Timer

Old Timer Coach

No doubt outstanding when they are on a role and in very broken play but I think he goes missing at other times.
    People saying how well he will go behind a good team, well Tigpies haven't been a good team for a long time and he had played well before, so for mine he isn't going as well as this year as previous years. To me he has the Farrah disgruntled / petulant look about him.
    TT at Manly IMO is a much more whole hearted performer and in fact a better all round player with room for even more improvement.

7. dragonssamy61

dragonssamy61 First Grade

Would be good but can't see us keeping both mann and Milne

8. possm

possm Coach

We have depth in the outside backs. The rising fullbacks on Millward's white board are not ready for 2018 and none are as good as Dugan right now. So it's a matter of reviewing the list of outside backs and either coming up with Dugan, Tedesco or someone else who can do the job.

If we go for Dugan we should offer 850k for a 1 or 2 year contract. The reason for this is that one or more internal candidates should be ready to fill the slot by then.

If we go for Mann again, then Dugan is a centre and a possible replacement fullback. I believe Mann at fullback would be a very economical decision however, we don't know how well he would go and most importantly he is not on Millward's white board.

Field and possibly Masters ARE in Millward's long term plans. It would be a risk in promoting either of these players to fullback in first grade. In my opinion Field is more suited to five-eighth.

If you don't know already, my preference is to go for Tedesco long term. Offer a similar price and term as Hunt and build our long term plans around these two marquee players.

The Storm have managed to keep three long term marquee player long term - Smith, Cronk and Slater. There is no reason why we can't keep Tedesco, Hunt and Dugan.

My suggestion for our backline is to:
    Fullback
    Sign Tedesco, and keep Dufty - 2

Wingers
    Keep Macdonald, Nightingale and two local juniors - 4
    Centres
    Keep Dugan, Milne, Lafai and a local junior - 4

Halves
    Keep Hunt, Widdop, Mann and Field - 4

14 backs from 30 tier-1 spots. Including 3 marquee players.

My suggestion for our forwards is to:
    Props
    Vaughan, Packer, Sims, Ah Mau, Kerr. 5
    Hookers
    Keep McInnes, Robson Havili. 3
    Backrow
    Keep Thompson, Frizell, De Belin, Host, Leilua, Aitken. 5
    14 forwards from 30 tier-1 spots.

Additional Recruitment/retention
    Recruit or promote 2 additional players to be included in the top-tier 30 players.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  9. Frank Facer

Frank Facer First Grade

Exactly

10. TomRedVRiver

TomRedVRiver Bench

Tedesco does not look happy, it's looking increasingly likely that he will leave the Tigers.

The only saving grace the Tigers have is the fact that Cleary is about to be announced as their new coach. He might be able to convince him to say, but honestly I think the Dogs or Roosters are in a better position to pick him up.

11. possm

possm Coach

And Dragons

12. possm

possm Coach

If the Dragons are interested in signing Tedesco, Millward should be talking to his manager now and if necessary privately let them know who will be coaching next year.

Just point to the NRL ladder and let him know we will be in there with a big chance in 2018. For goodness sake Millward, if you can't do it, I'll do it for you free of charge and of course you can take the credit.

13. Dragonslayer

Dragonslayer First Grade

Hey @Minh everything ok champ, you've been absent from the forum for a good length of time.

Minh likes this.
  14. FlameThrower

FlameThrower Bench

Fake news, time to close this down.

Coffs dragon likes this.
  15. Minh

Minh First Grade

All good and thanks for asking champion...

Dragonslayer likes this.
  16. Saint_JimmyG

Saint_JimmyG First Grade

You're not acknowledging this mob are subsided by many businessmen, particularly one Lachlan Murdoch. Given the Broncos are the only team publicly listed on the ASX, do you really think he would permit any surreptitious behaviour to be exposed?

17. possm

possm Coach

Why close this thread? The thread will disappear once Tedesco is signed or extended. Up until now and for a short time in the future, forum members can continue to enjoy the banter and indulge in a little hope.

18. Coffs dragon

Coffs dragon Bench

End this tease of a thread and it should be filled away under F for Fantasy!
    It's purely more make believe stuff....along with Cleary, Hasler, Bird, Hayne etc.

chemics likes this.
  19. BringTheNoise

BringTheNoise Juniors

Congratulations, that is one of the stupidest things I've ever read.

20. monsterkev

monsterkev Juniors

I have read quite a few of your replies to comments people make and you keep asking for proof
    I know there are a lot of things said that we all may not agree with or whatever but if you want comment do so in a nicer way as you come across as a miserable prick,just let people have a say as they are entitled to without being made to feel as though they should never comment