What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tedesco

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Man I hope you guys resign this kid. He's tigers through and through, wests gave him his chance when he was overlooked for rep footy during school days at St Gregs and he took it and ran with it. A true tigers player and someone you guys have developed, would hate to see him picked up by a certain moneybags team. Brooks and Tedesco has a good ring to it.

Tiger05

First Grade
Play a lot better than he has been!! Surely you are taking the piss. Did you watch todays game?

I rate the guy very highly. I watched todays game and he played like I expect him too. I still think he can be better than what he was today.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
2vjudub.jpg

BrotherJim05

Bench
We will not lose tedesco.

Everyone freaked out a bit when Mayer called Woods our marquee signing and that retention was our primary focus, but this is the reason why. I reckon Mayer is all over it and the Bulldogs rumour is just to up his price. Same as Farah/Parra, Woods/Manly....we will keep him.

Ghipo

Juniors
We will not lose tedesco.

Everyone freaked out a bit when Mayer called Woods our marquee signing and that retention was our primary focus, but this is the reason why. I reckon Mayer is all over it and the Bulldogs rumour is just to up his price. Same as Farah/Parra, Woods/Manly....we will keep him.

Clubs are chasing him it's no beat up. I have also heard Parra mentioned. NQ. and Canberra probably need a fullback. If you go back and look at some of my posts you will see I am one of Tedesco's biggest fans and I don't want him leaving I would even put in my own money to keep him But

I don't think Mayer is over anything he does not inspire
any confidence...his just posted on twitter asking the fans what they think Tedesco is worth. WTF

Matchball

Bench
Clubs are chasing him it's no beat up. I have also heard Parra mentioned. NQ. and Canberra probably need a fullback. If you go back and look at some of my posts you will see I am one of Tedesco's biggest fans and I don't want him leaving I would even put in my own money to keep him But

any confidence...his just posted on twitter asking the fans what they think Tedesco is worth. WTF

Mayer did the same when Benji was about to pull the pin.
I commend that he at least wants opinions and fan feedback.

Radical Rat

Juniors
I rate the guy very highly. I watched todays game and he played like I expect him too. I still think he can be better than what he was today.

189 metres / 1 try / 1 try assist / 10 tackle busts / 2 offloads / 2 linebreaks

You expect him to play better than that?

What part of his game today could you possibly think he needs improving on?

BrotherJim05

Bench

I have to disagree with you there.

Mayer has shown nothing but excellent retention and has cleared out a huge portion of our dead weight. Farah, Woods, Simona, Luke Brooks would all command a fairly good salary at rival clubs but we managed to lock them in. Not to mention re-signing Galloway, Fulton, and a bunch of our up and coming players.

The fact of the matter is that we will not be able to sign any big names until we are a finals force again. Mayer didn't say we were going to go out looking for marquee players in market because chances are the ones that are worth the $ would not want to come here.
So why bother?
Save the money by resigning the good players are our club...which Mayer has shown is his #1 priority.
We have almost ticked everyone off the list, just need to wrap up Tedesco, Sironen and Nufoluma and we are all set for massive improvement in the coming years.

To put it all simply, I am far far far more furious that Fifita is one of the best props in the NRL and Adam blair hasn't lived up to expectation, than the fact that Lawrence hasn't quite lived up to his potential and Galloway gets injured all the time.

Retention is key to both success and happy fans

Tiger05

First Grade
189 metres / 1 try / 1 try assist / 10 tackle busts / 2 offloads / 2 linebreaks

You expect him to play better than that?

What part of his game today could you possibly think he needs improving on?

He was very good. He just has to do that consistently. Did he really make that many metres.

I'm definitely not having a go at him. I said yesterday to a mate that he is basically our best player now. He might not be that good yet but he is pretty close.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-03-16/interview-mick-potter/5324574?section=sport

I think Potter really likes him as well.

Last edited:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
And was also twittering with MU from memory about Simona's value.

Yep. But i don't think he does that because he has no idea. Its his passive agressive way of trying to make people understand that player values increase more rapidly than the salary cap does.

Either way, we have players we can offload if we need to free up space for quality kids with at least of decade of footy in front of them.

I'd dump bojangles & anasta & give all their salary to tedesco on a 5 year deal based on current form

Latest posts