What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tedesco

Radical Rat

Juniors
Did anyone see Teddy on Sterlo tonight? Sterlo asked him about the contract situation, his answer didn't fill me with any confidence whatsoever. I am now officially worried.

There is absolutely zero excuse for us to lose him due to salary cap constraints.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
he should be a priority signing for the sole reason more than anything, that we don't have a decent replacement for him at the club at NRL ready, and the number of decent NRL quality fullbacks on the market is sweet f**k all.

MadPie

Juniors
Did anyone see Teddy on Sterlo tonight? Sterlo asked him about the contract situation, his answer didn't fill me with any confidence whatsoever. I am now officially worried.

There is absolutely zero excuse for us to lose him due to salary cap constraints.

He is a very bright young man.

Mayer seems worried as well, or frustrated

Wests Tigers chief executive Grant Mayer warned the NRL that unless his club received compensation in the future for the juniors they developed but were signed elsewhere he'd forgo grassroots development and join the code's ranks of "cheque-book" administrators and buy a team.
Mayer expressed his frustration as speculation suggested Canterbury were vying to recruit off-contract boom fullback James Tedesco, one of eight local products named in the Wests Tigers' 17 for Friday's match against Souths.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ard-off-chequebook-rivals-20140320-hvktz.html

TYGA

Juniors
Sammy Ayoub is playing this beautifully for his client he will stay we will have to overpay though

Bench
IF he went to the dogs... that'd do me. Greenberg looking after his club...

They would have to off load about 3 high profile players,who are all under contract,except Ennis,who they said will be re-signed.

Matchball

Bench
The quality of the competition will drop if clubs stop developing.
Should get a salary cap exemption or something for Juniors.

tmfsd

Juniors
I thought u guys would be used to paying overs by now. At least with Tedesco, it will be for a quality player

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
If it was a choice between letting one of Sironen, Nofo and Tedesco go I'd have to think that Nofo would be be the one to miss out.

BuffaloRules

Coach
I just don't get the salary cap situation.

Look at the players we have on the Tigers roster, compared to the Dogs, yet they can still outbid the Tigers on Tedesco?

I don't believe it, and suspect that if he goes it will be for other reasons besides money (like playing with a competent well managed team that actually have a chance of winning the comp in the next few years)

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
doesn't the cap increase significantly over the next 3 years?

and Blair pisses off at the end of next year

sign tedesco up big now, use Anasta's coin to help with that.
next year, sign up sironen and nofoaluma using blair's and bojangles coin.

The year after that, Brooks will be up for a renewal, as will simona and moses, use the extra cap space to get them,

by the time they are for their next renewal after that, Farah, Galloway, Richards & Fulton will have retired and his coin will be available.

I can't see how there's an issue

It's time the NRL started rewarding clubs substantially for development of local juniors into first grade. Give teams 50% discounts on juniors against the cheque book clubs so that they can at least compete to make an offer.

macnaz

Staff member
I just don't get the salary cap situation.

Look at the players we have on the Tigers roster, compared to the Dogs, yet they can still outbid the Tigers on Tedesco?

I don't believe it, and suspect that if he goes it will be for other reasons besides money (like playing with a competent well managed team that actually have a chance of winning the comp in the next few years)

Me either , you look at the squad the roosters have .. 6 or more players considered marque signings for any other clubs , ability to retain 2 star wingers fast becoming marque level players AND still be in the market for the likes of Tedesco and Ferguson . FFS why are we struggling to hang on to a couple of rookies ? The system is either totally floored or totally corupt. Even the Bronco's who smash every other club financialy only ever seem to have a modest realistic side each year , I just do t get it.
If we lose Teddy I honestly dont know if I would bother suppporting the game anymore under the current setup :(
Seriously this goes further then just keeping Tedesco , if we cant even build a side of cheap rookie juniors to a point we can ffinally field a competitive team , what hope do we have of trying to buy established stars to build a winning side ?

Matchball

Bench
We lose either way and I blame the managers. Seems they all went to the Khoder school of management.
How does a rookie who really has just played a handful of NRL games get into this?
Manager hype.

We will retain him but pay ridiculous money for him which in turn will hurt us when we try to retain others.

I would be gutted too , it's definitely an unfair playing field when less financial clubs invest in their juniors for them to be only poached once they starting thriving in the NRL by the cheque book clubs.
In recent history the two clubs that got found out about cheating the salary cap were only found out after whistle blowers blew their cover, everyone had suspicions and doubts about their salary cap structure, seems to me history most likely is repeating itself, but I would be surprised if any club would be leaving themselves open to whistle blowers to reveal salary cap rorts !

Latest posts