What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tedesco

Every player is one injury away from retiring and Tedesco having suffered a number of injuries early in his career probably realised this and understantably couldn't resist the coin offered....unless he really likes the cold,wants to win the wooden spoon and play under a basket case of a coach who blames every body else for his teams failings.

hutch

First Grade
If we are shopping around for a new fullback I hope the admin at least seek out Zak Hardaker from the super league to see if he is keen to come out to the NRL. I am sure he is under contract but that hasn't stopped people before.

As someone else said there aren't really any other options on the market apart from in house

Hardaker is a top player, would be happy to have him at fullback. We should be looking everywhere and this includes the uk. The young French fullback Escare is a gun as well.

Leaguelegend20

Juniors
Fair enough for Tedesco to leave, I guess... his dumb decision he will have to live by. Forming an amazing combination with Brooks or running off Josh McCrone at the orders of Ricky f**king Stuart... but anyway.

We SHOULD NOT PLAY TEDESCO FOR THE REST OF THIS YEAR. He should not play a single part in this years campaign. Not a minute for the NRL side. Like the Dragons did with Tallas, like the Sharks are doing with Lichaa now. Why should re continue to reward and develop someone who is leaving us? Put Simona at Fullback or Rowe in order to prepare them for next year. Do not prepare a disloyal prick who is leaving anyway. We should be preparing for the future, not hanging onto what we have.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hardaker is a top player, would be happy to have him at fullback. We should be looking everywhere and this includes the uk. The young French fullback Escare is a gun as well.

Escare is cho full of potential and is very nippy.

Likes getting his hands on the pill too.

Defence needs work though, but with a former fullback as his coach, i'm sure that could be fixed.

Well what's done is done. As some have already said I too am he went to the Raiders rather than one of those clubs with an elastic salary cap.

We were always going to be up against it resigning all our juniors. I've moved around for better money as I'm sure others have so I wish Teddy all the best. As long as he gives 100% for the rest of the year I have no real issues with his move, aside from the obvious disappointment that he won't line up for us next year.

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
Do we still have til June 30 to match the offer ??

The thought of Kurtis f**king Rowe or his stablemate Tim f**king Moltzen fills me with dread

TYGA

Juniors
Do we still have til June 30 to match the offer ??

The thought of Kurtis f**king Rowe or his stablemate Tim f**king Moltzen fills me with dread

You are correct I believe.

Would be smart negotiating letting him formally sign and then offload a few players you wanted to get rid of in order to match the offer. That way you confirm the price without getting into a dutch Auction and justify ridding of players.

We should match the offer no one wants to play for WT we never attract anyone of note from other NRL clubs.

I think its a long shot as in the locker room you cant offer Tedesco more than Luke Brooks otherwise its a farce. Would be poetic justice remembering Papallli reneging and Raiders attempts to get Milford to stay.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
There should be some sort of local junior exemption in the salary cap

When you poach juniors from all over to stack your SG Ball and NYC teams you have no right to whinge when you can't keep them all as adults. You still get the benefit of having all of these kids in your NRL team on unders for a year or two, even if you can't match other clubs when the market finally kicks in.

Tigers have a bright future even without Tedesco but they've done it by poaching 18 year olds from other clubs. Which is not to say it's not a smart way of doing business - my club just started it in 2011 and now our NYC team is looking like making the finals for the first time since 2008. Still, you shouldn't complain when you can't keep them all.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Fair enough for Tedesco to leave, I guess... his dumb decision he will have to live by. Forming an amazing combination with Brooks or running off Josh McCrone at the orders of Ricky f**king Stuart... but anyway.

Mitch Cornish will end up a quality first grader.

We SHOULD NOT PLAY TEDESCO FOR THE REST OF THIS YEAR. He should not play a single part in this years campaign. Not a minute for the NRL side. Like the Dragons did with Tallas, like the Sharks are doing with Lichaa now. Why should re continue to reward and develop someone who is leaving us?
Because Tedesco is your best fullback. Lichaa is not in the top two hookers for Cronulla (not defensively anyway) and Tallis wasn't stood down by the Dragons, he sat out a year because they wouldn't release him straight away.

Put Simona at Fullback or Rowe in order to prepare them for next year. Do not prepare a disloyal prick who is leaving anyway. We should be preparing for the future, not hanging onto what we have.
Rowe can do the job. He's not as good as Tedesco but he is good enough, and certainly a lot cheaper.

Plus you have Mitchell Moses who can play fullback.

simmo1

First Grade
Disappointed he's gone but I'd be more disappointed if Tigers stupidly tried to match the offer and f**ked ourselves over and lost even more talent in 2-3 years time.

Raiders haven't got a whole lot going for them atm, so they need to take a gamble and offer overs on a guy like Tedesco. We don't. As far as I know we have just about all our other good talents secured for the next few years and should be in good stead.

Tedesco saying it was not about the money why he left.....he maybe better to just keep his reasons and comments to himself if he is going to spin that line.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
It's obviously about the money. I'd not sign with the raiders and I support them. I hate when that line gets thrown about.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Hire better staff at identifying promising juniors.

We did but we just lost him (Nolan) back to the Broncos. Same with the Raiders and their bloke in Logan.

Anyway, we're a rich club and we've finally figured out the secret of staying strong (even though we should have learnt from Brian Smith). I'm sure we'll poach someone else good from somewhere.

He won't be a huge loss - he isn't worth that money, given how injured he is. Yes, good player and worth the money, if he plays every game in a season.

Honestly, everyone knows it is about money - he just took the money instead of the chance of actually winning a title. His loss, not the Tigers.

If I were a Tigers fan, I would be ropable if the club paid him that money.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
With any luck it will turn into a Doggies/Fifita scenario where the final contract doesn't match the agreement as the Raiders try to shortchange him and he gets the shits and re-signs with Tigers.

axl rose

Bench
There should be some sort of local junior exemption in the salary cap

Gallops the muppets argument for 10 years was this is not fair the the likes of Melbourne/Roosters. So the rest should be feeder clubs?

Nevertheless Teddy is not worth more than Farah so he would have left anyway.

Latest posts