What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tedesco

Pezz70

Juniors
I don't think nofo would be a good choice in the centres, his defence is questionable and it's a lot harder one man in. Maybe Richards to fullback and koro on the wing. Richards doesn't have the pace but he is biggish

macnaz

Staff member
But please Teddy dont say it wasnt just about money ... there are zero other reasons to want to join the Raiders , particularly while Stewart is coach.
Im happy to leave him out of the side by the way , rightly or wrongly I cant see myself ever cheering for him again , my pride and respect for him has turned into hatred im afraid :(

FootynRacing

Juniors
But please Teddy dont say it wasnt just about money ... there are zero other reasons to want to join the Raiders , particularly while Stewart is coach.
Im happy to leave him out of the side by the way , rightly or wrongly I cant see myself ever cheering for him again , my pride and respect for him has turned into hatred im afraid :(

x2

ceagle

Bench
It sucks that he left you guys but to turn completely on him and actually hate him is ridiculous. This guy was probably offered an insane amount of money and took it, which any sane person would.

Just because he is going to the Raiders doesn't mean he won't play his heart out for the Tigers.

Cryptic

Juniors
Gee some of you are bitter old men when stuff like this happens.... At least the Raiders went about doing it in an above board and respectful manner... Try having your club dragged through the mud for 12 months because a manager wants you to drop a locally developed junior early so he can run off to a better deal at the Broncos...

I feel for you guys as you're another club that actually develops talent but wishing him injured or vindictively dropping him to the NSW Cup even if it costs you a finals spot is a bit much... You can't keep everyone unfortunately so at least he is leaving on good terms and for a good reason (not because his he "homesick" or he decided he would rather stay at home and get drunk, etc)...

Radical Rat

Juniors
Gee some of you are bitter old men when stuff like this happens.... At least the Raiders went about doing it in an above board and respectful manner... Try having your club dragged through the mud for 12 months because a manager wants you to drop a locally developed junior early so he can run off to a better deal at the Broncos...

I feel for you guys as you're another club that actually develops talent but wishing him injured or vindictively dropping him to the NSW Cup even if it costs you a finals spot is a bit much... You can't keep everyone unfortunately so at least he is leaving on good terms and for a good reason (not because his he "homesick" or he decided he would rather stay at home and get drunk, etc)...

I am completely gutted. F*ck him.

His injury history is no doubt a big reason in why we didn't throw the cheque book at him. Raiders took a chance by signing an injury prone bloke to a HUGE contract. If his career continues to be punctuated by injury then I guess our decision is justified and we've made the right call.

So do I hope he doesn't kick on and become a superstar at another club? Bloody oath. Is that bitter? Not sure, but it's how I feel.

And no f*cking way do I want to see him in 1st grade for the rest of the year. Let's start planning for our future now. 2014 was never our year.

gronkathon

First Grade
Play him if he is fit.

Milk him for every inch of ground and every point we have while we have him.

I am happy the way the club has handled this thus far.

There is always another

nick87

Coach
As a Raiders fan, i completely understand the reaction. I've seen too many kids from our system leave us to forget how shit i feels to lose blokes like this. You guys develop players like us, and it sucks losing young studs like this.

Im stoked with getting him but feel for you guys. With the young halves you guys have, along with Woods, Simona etc, you're on the right track. Hopefully you can continue to build and forge your way into contenders.

Fingers crossed Teddy and Brooks can link back up in the NSW team in a few years

Play him if he is fit.

Milk him for every inch of ground and every point we have while we have him.

I am happy the way the club has handled this thus far.

There is always another

Exactly.

He's by far the best fullback in the squad and should continue being selected until we're out of contention for the 8. Vindictiveness serves no purpose and if anything, may cause disharmony in the team, many of whom are good friends with Tedesco. He's a talented player and on good coin so let's extract all the value we can from him while he's still under contract.

Blackdiamond

Juniors
It's difficult to hear one of the rising stars is leaving. Had such high hopes that the team would be built around Farah, Brooks & Teddy over next few years.
I completely understand that the playing years are short & the players must earn whilst they can.
But I also feel that the region/club has done everything right by him, particularly developing him as a junior & supporting him through his injuries.
The big question is who replaces him for 2015? Not Rowe - nice kid who is trying hard, but need a level above to make the most of Brooks.

super_coach

First Grade
The Raiders are one club that I can not feel bitter about when they poach our top young player. They are like us and have had to develop a strong junior program in order to compete and are a continue target of the cheque book clubs.

The NRL have to put in place measures that protect and compensate clubs who pump lots of money and efforts into their junior programs only to have the finished product snapped up by a competitor.

Sad to see him go, but so glad he has gone to the Raiders and not the chooks or a club similar

Perth Tiger

Bench
Exactly.

He's by far the best fullback in the squad and should continue being selected until we're out of contention for the 8. Vindictiveness serves no purpose and if anything, may cause disharmony in the team, many of whom are good friends with Tedesco. He's a talented player and on good coin so let's extract all the value we can from him while he's still under contract.

I understand what you are saying but I don't think it is vindictiveness but not playing him.

If the club decides that Rowe will be our number 1 fullback next year. We can either use the rest of this year developing his experience in first grade and building combos with Brooks and others or he can go back to reserves and we start next year with a rookie fullback. In this respect Teddy's development should rightly be behind the club's and Rowe's development.

I am not particularly bothered whether we play him or not. This is the nature of professional footballers, but I don't think he would have much right to complain if he did play the rest of the year in reserves. He has stated that his future is not with the club so the club needs to look at its future and place it ahead of Teddy's needs

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've no anger towards the Raiders, the poor bastards have had so many talented kids piss off elsewhere. If they had've been able to retain them all, they would be a premiership threat and would have been one for a number of years past.

It;s the system that's mad. They lost one of their juniors to another side and have filled the spot with one of our local juniors.

there's no fairness in this system.

Radical Rat

Juniors
The Raiders are one club that I can not feel bitter about when they poach our top young player. They are like us and have had to develop a strong junior program in order to compete and are a continue target of the cheque book clubs.

The NRL have to put in place measures that protect and compensate clubs who pump lots of money and efforts into their junior programs only to have the finished product snapped up by a competitor.

Sad to see him go, but so glad he has gone to the Raiders and not the chooks or a club similar

Yes I must admit this is a tiny bit of consolation.

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
I'm obviously delighted for the Raiders to get this signature, but I do feel for the Tigers - gutting when a local junior leaves, as the Raiders know all too well.

The system sucks.

Having said that, people wishing a career ending injury on some kid for making a perfectly understandable decision like this are borderline mentally ill, frankly.

TimmyB

Juniors
They are just words mate.

I don't think anyone means it, or would take any joy out of him being injured. It just really, really sucks.

The really winner out of all this is bloody Ayoub.

What a shonk.

Moves Milford out of the Raiders and slots Tedesco in.

I bet he makes an appointment for first thing Monday morning with Mayer and take his folio of talent in to show who he's got on his books.

Pretty ingenious business model.

As has been said, I really can't begrudge Canberra success. The game needs it down there to stave off union and AFL. I don't think they'll get it under Stuart because I think he's a terrible coach. Hopefully he proves me wrong.