What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Telegraph: 8 Saints for Roo Squad

lockyno1

Post Whore
nqboy said:
I didn't think Hornby or Creagh did themselves any favours tonight and Young's just a good FGer, not a member of the elite rep category.

Creah will go! Bob Mcarthy has been talking him up more than any player in the NRL. That is a fair indication he will be on the plane!

bob dylan

Juniors
dazza62 said:
if ryles is a better prop than skandalis i will walk naked from here to tassie.. a mob of over rated chokers who continuously get talked up by the media & their misguided fans..
Couldnt agree more, I have been saying this for 2 years.

colonel_123

Juniors
aqua_duck said:
Stagg, Laffranchi, Waterhouse, Paul Gallen, Chad Robinson, Mark Minichiello shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as Ben Creagh. Creagh is a future superstar, Robinson, Stagg, Laffranchi and Minicheillo will never be anything more than solid 1st graders.

From tonights game

Ben Creagh - 19 tackles, 7 hitups, 41 metres (5.8 metres per hitup)

Anthony Laffranchi - 26 tackles, 14 hit ups, 114 metres (8.1 metres per hitup)

Chris Heighington - 19 tackles, 1 line break, 1 try, 11 hitups, 87 metres (7.9 metres per hitup)

(Stats from nrl.com at 10:48 pm)

Misty Bee

First Grade
How the f**k do people still promote 8 Dragons to tour when they can't even make the GF without injuries (Head excepted)??? Ben Creah is the next big thing - he's still an average first grader - and has proven nothing that the likes of Watmough, Waterhouse and Southern, Chad Robinson, Minichiello etc havent. Likewise, Young. Wow, he'll be the next blah blah blah. Good - when he actually BECOMES that - pick him then.

Bailey and Ryles - I had a fleeting recall of Bailey v Webb in Origin 1. He and Ryles were lucky not to be dropped for Origin 2 - Kimmorley was the scapegoat - Bailey and Ryles did not lay the platform in origin 1. They did better in the next 2. They didn't tonight - although they played well. Yet they didn't surpass Laffranchi, Skandalis and Payton tonight. For mine, they need to be more consistent - they are light years behind Webcke's standard. Despite the poor year from the Dogs, and injury, Mark O'Meley is the heir apparent to Webcke's spot in the Roos front row.

Barret is a wonderful player. Sometimes. I always had him in the Fittler/Johns class. The difference is that Barrets resume includes a few great Origin games, some recent good form, and many season of underachievement. Tonight was the night Barrett should have come of age - I recall Fittler v Newcastle a few prelim finals ago. I recall Joey in the GF of '97, and again in 01. Lockyer in the tight Ashes series a few years back. Barret is yet to scale those heights. Potential unfulfilled.

There is now way 8 player should tour from a side that can't make the GF. But looking at the coach and selectors, it seems that the squad will be made up of losers. Broncos and Saints.

But hey, it's nice to be minor premiers, and still be underrated. ;-)

gregstar

Referee
well i don't know about you misty but i use two opinions to rate players.
mine & warren ryan's.

warren ryan raves about dean young & ben creagh & i certainly don't dissagree. whether they tour or not is up to the selectors.

people promote dragons players because they go okay at rep time. how many origin series have those players lost?

Misty Bee

First Grade
Warren Ryan also predicted the eels would win the comp - Round 25 v Canberra.

He also raves about Tim Smith and Ben Smith - the latter has sat Timmins and Gasnier on their arses this season - but to suggest they should tour at this stage is silly.

Saints players 'shine' at Origin time because they get plenty of chances. And then, Barret excepted - they are sh*t without one A. Johns on the park.

But then again I guess the best players play in losing sides. If that makes sence to you, good luck.

gregstar

Referee
Misty Bee said:
Warren Ryan also predicted the eels would win the comp - Round 25 v Canberra.

He also raves about Tim Smith and Ben Smith - the latter has sat Timmins and Gasnier on their arses this season - but to suggest they should tour at this stage is silly.

Saints players 'shine' at Origin time because they get plenty of chances. And then, Barret excepted - they are sh*t without one A. Johns on the park.

But then again I guess the best players play in losing sides. If that makes sence to you, good luck.
get a grip. that alfoil hat on your head is obviously blocking thought patterns.
people who count - ie the selectors - rate these players.
these selectors / commentators fart more football knowledge & nouse than you will ever hope to acquire.
p*ssfarting on a forum doesn't select teams. you can have an opinion but you aren't accountable. they are and their selections have worked. stiff sh*t if that's a problem for you. i'm sure they'll respond kindly to a letter should you send it.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Numnuts, selectors average a 50% win loss ratio.

I'm just asking the simple question (that obviously eludes a renown moron like you), if they can't perform in club footy, do they deserve promotion to rep footy? Going by your logic (contradiction???) Souths players should fill most spots on tour!

BTW, when have the selections of Creagh and Young worked in rep footy?

gregstar

Referee
Misty Bee said:
Numnuts, selectors average a 50% win loss ratio.

I'm just asking the simple question (that obviously eludes a renown moron like you), if they can't perform in club footy, do they deserve promotion to rep footy? Going by your logic (contradiction???) Souths players should fill most spots on tour!

BTW, when have the selections of Creagh and Young worked in rep footy?
are you stupid are you?
i said that whether or not young & creagh tour is up to selectors. in defending the selectors, i was refering to the dragons who have played origin.

once again d*ckweed - how many origin series have been lost with ryles, bailey, barrett, cooper & gasnier involved?

i'm sure if the eels fall short, but a few players within their ranks get selected you won't grizzle.

putz.

Misty Bee

First Grade
So you still reckon the failed Dragons still deserve the biggest representation ever? :lol: :lol:

Those same selectors whose every mumbled snore you worship suggested that only 2 Eels, Hindy and Tahu, would go. Seeing as though Saints have never once been ahead of Parra this season, how can you claim that your squad is better than ours?

If the Eels lose tommorrow, and we get 8 on the plane, I'll know how you feel. But it's unlikely. Selectors have a habit of missing talent and picking favorites. Saints are favorites -maybe because they never get a premiership hangover.

I just can't help but feel that is Saints have 8 of the top 25 players in the NRL, the rest of their squad must be sh*t!

Misty Bee

First Grade
BTW, love your stern defence of Bob McCarthy's intelligence - when he forgot he played for Canterbury :lol::lol:

melon....

Coach
This is great news.....let the Sox have the rep honours. Then join me in celebrating watching them struggle.

Tell me you didnt enjoy watching the Sox choke...again. Its as if Brian Smith never left!!!

There is nothing better than the Drogons getting knocked out of the comp...any year.

Im wrapped.

Smartman

Juniors
Geez i dont give a crap either way, select the whole dragons team for all i care.

Let them get a few serious injuries against minnows like America.

Then they will change their tune this time next year
icon6.gif

melon....

Coach
aids said:
Skando, Heighnington, Galea, Prince and Hodgson for australia
The only place Hodgson will get a spot is on the Wing. Minichiellos is still better than the rag doll. The rag doll only runs through huge gaps Marshall, Prince and pathetic defenders leave for the rag doll. he is a good goal kicker, and a good fulback. But not better than the Moth. Hodgson may have earned it in your eyes, but Mini hasnt done anything to lose it.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
If young players are getting a go, how about the Parra Smith's.
I'd have both before Creagh.

gregstar

Referee
Misty Bee said:
So you still reckon the failed Dragons still deserve the biggest representation ever? :lol: :lol:

Those same selectors whose every mumbled snore you worship suggested that only 2 Eels, Hindy and Tahu, would go. Seeing as though Saints have never once been ahead of Parra this season, how can you claim that your squad is better than ours?

If the Eels lose tommorrow, and we get 8 on the plane, I'll know how you feel. But it's unlikely. Selectors have a habit of missing talent and picking favorites. Saints are favorites -maybe because they never get a premiership hangover.

I just can't help but feel that is Saints have 8 of the top 25 players in the NRL, the rest of their squad must be sh*t!
have a look back at my posts in this thread you genius. i've already said that the title & report are now redundant. you are special aren't you?

perhaps you can point out where i've discussed our squad in relation to yours?

you're a bitter little turd aren't you? how many premiership hangovers has your current squad endured? dipsh*t.

gregstar

Referee
Misty Bee said:
BTW, love your stern defence of Bob McCarthy's intelligence - when he forgot he played for Canterbury :lol::lol:
you're not fit to sniff mccarthy's cheese you gutless toad.

are you saying he's not up to the job?

Latest posts