What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tell me about the Jets?

Marchad

Juniors
Once a year they have a beer and footy festival. Where all the local craft beer manufacturers set up tents and sell their product.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Once a year they have a beer and footy festival. Where all the local craft beer manufacturers set up tents and sell their product.

They're good but it gets PACKED, they run out of food and some stalls run out of beers and the toilet lines are packed.

My tip if you end up going, get there early to grab a feed and get beers into you.

It is good fun though

SaintArsenal

Juniors
Hope you Sharkies don’t mind me picking your brains, just looking for info on the Jets.

I live a short(ish) walk from Henson Park, so I’m tempted to spend more time there watching live footy than at NRL grounds.

My vague understanding is that they’re your reserve grade team. Are they your only one? Is it an exclusive arrangement? Or just a team that your club uses to get game time into the 30 man squad?

And what about game days? How’s the feel in the crowd? Plenty of games or just the CC game as a stand alone? Good place to drink tinnies on the hill? Decent food options? Am I gonna be overwhelmed with Sharks promos?

Thanks in advance for any info you’ve got to share.

Don't forget your sunnies. Bloody awesome day.

I prefer going straight to the ground rather than the pub. Cheaper and no lines. Pubs are fun after the games though. Henson Hotel just started their tipping comp - $50 entry, $50 bucks venue dollars. They also had Young Henrys specials for tipsters whenever games were on. I am in no way affiliated...just thought you might be interested

shadowboxer

First Grade
Bloody hell.

@bad boy bubby @shadowboxer
@Don Tweddle
@ghoti

You’ve outdone yourselves. Thanks so much for the info. Definitely gonna spend some Saturday arvos at Henson this season.
Welcome to the club.... it’s a great scene.
For those keen, great blokes day out - get train to Sydenham, walk down to Batch brewery, then Stockade etc etc - walking your way to Henson Park Hotel for pre and the post beers. can’t be beaten

SBD82

Coach
Don't forget your sunnies. Bloody awesome day.

I prefer going straight to the ground rather than the pub. Cheaper and no lines. Pubs are fun after the games though. Henson Hotel just started their tipping comp - $50 entry, $50 bucks venue dollars. They also had Young Henrys specials for tipsters whenever games were on. I am in no way affiliated...just thought you might be interested
Welcome to the club.... it’s a great scene.
For those keen, great blokes day out - get train to Sydenham, walk down to Batch brewery, then Stockade etc etc - walking your way to Henson Park Hotel for pre and the post beers. can’t be beaten
Hearing all of this is getting me excited. Dunno if it’s just because I support a team that’s lacked attitude the last few years, but the atmosphere at NRL games has been pretty dour. I’m keen for a good old fashioned arvo on the hill.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
On reading through this thread I’ve come to the conclusion that the whole Sharks forum has been far too helpful and considerate to our friend from the Dragons.... all on the eve of an important derby too. I’m starting to feel a bit uncomfortable tbh.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Anything to our fellow drag flog fans to see the light and realise following the Jets is a far better option than the merged entity.... to be honest, Henson is the time machine the NRL should be embracing - and before people kick off and say Henson’s field is sub par or you can’t drink out of cans at a game anymore - fine.... but the joy of the game being simple is a unique appeal that should never be undersold

Stake Removed

First Grade
On reading through this thread I’ve come to the conclusion that the whole Sharks forum has been far too helpful and considerate to our friend from the Dragons.... all on the eve of an important derby too. I’m starting to feel a bit uncomfortable tbh.
You know we are a family dysfunctional yes, but are always here for each other when times get tough and can vent here.
We all want what is best for the club we just all have 1000 different ways of getting there.

SBD82

Coach
f**k. You’re so right. I’ve been too polite too. This is gross.

Um... something something peptides something I hate Paul Gallen.

Also. Looks like the Jets are the curtain raiser for the NRL next Sunday. So I’m gonna delay my support for at least another week.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
T
f**k. You’re so right. I’ve been too polite too. This is gross.

Um... something something peptides something I hate Paul Gallen.

Also. Looks like the Jets are the curtain raiser for the NRL next Sunday. So I’m gonna delay my support for at least another week.
Thats more like it.... didn’t want you going back to the Saints forum thinking anything other than we were a pack of merkins. Enjoy the spoon!

ghoti

Bench
On that note...does a Sharks membership still get you Jets entry? It did years ago but I have no idea what the deal is this year and can't find any info on that one

Eion

First Grade
How’d feef do?

Was it better than 11 mins, 0 PCM. 10 tackles, 1 missed tackle?

Ads

First Grade
Think we need to bring back a sharks reserve grade team. Need to have full control over the team, who plays where and how they play. Bomber not happy with a few positions already.

Latest posts