What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Telstra Premiership 2007 -- Round 1

mattyg

Bench
skeepe said:
We got 21,255 to our last home game.

The town loves a winner I guess, and lately the Brumbies have been the more successful.

Canberra fans are fickle. :crazy:

skeepe said:
As a side note, I'm sick of this NRL bias against the Raiders. This will be the 7th consecutive season where we have had round 1 away from home (or the bye).

That's not a good record, but as said by some others I think it must have something to do with average crowds in recent years.

The Dragons however have had similar home ground absences in round 1. Unless I'm completely wrong, (and CBF checking right now, so my bollocks are now on the block..) I cant recall us having a home game in round one for almost as long, if not longer (and this doesn't include home games transferred to Telstra).

Can anyone else verify this? Willow??

lockyno1

Post Whore
Skeepe, build a bridge. 20K at Brookie, vs. 10K if you are lucky at Bruce! Smart business move IMO.

innsaneink

Referee
Bring back John Fifita said:
That's not a good record, but as said by some others I think it must have something to do with average crowds in recent years.

The Dragons however have had similar home ground absences in round 1. Unless I'm completely wrong, (and CBF checking right now, so my bollocks are now on the block..) I cant recall us having a home game in round one for almost as long, if not longer (and this doesn't include home games transferred to Telstra).

Can anyone else verify this? Willow??

02 & 04 though 02 was at SFS, 04 Kogarah v Raiders *cue more bitchin from Skeepe

Rocco

Juniors
Just Another 'Dogs Supporter said:
I'm glad Round 1 is only minutes away. Getting in early with tickets for that one too. Should be AWESOME.

Definitely NOT sitting with the crusade though :lol:

im sure noone would want you to sit with them

Snoz

Juniors
aids said:
Brookvales figues for rnd 1 this year against the same team was a bit disapointing, i beleive

i was there - pretty good crowd - maybe around 16,000 - not bad for playing an out of sydney team.

Lowdown

Juniors
Jeez - Great way to kill Monday Night Footy is by Playing it (a) in Sydney (b) involve Sydney City and (c) include the Rabbitohs!

Why not have Titans v St George on Monday Night? Surely that would have been preferable, and had less 'class potential' than the proposed Friday Night, Sunday schedule.

The worst thing this code needs is a Monday Night FTA failure - lets hope for leagues sake that they pull 30k plus...because if they pull 10k then they might as well merge these two teams and be done with it. Sydney is meant to be the heart and soul of Rugby League, but at the moment, it looks like Brisbane, Townsville, Newcastle, Melbourne rank ahead of Sydney.

NRL needs healthy Sydney crowd support to compete. No use pointing the finger at Melbourne anymore, our crowds are up, ratings are up, merchandise is up and those trends should continue in 2007 at least. What do we look forward to in Sydney?

lockyno1

Post Whore
Disagree, the Titans game will pull more on Sunday than Monday. Monday is a workday, how are the fans from Gold Coast meant to go to work and then get to the game in BRISBANE! Monday night, I would have been very tempted to put the Knights-Dogs game but that would be only other one I would have considered. The one as it is is a local derby which should get 30K regardless!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Marshall_magic said:
wanna swap, you can go to Olympic Park

Gladly. I'll take another 47-12 victory with a club record to Haz again thanks ;-)

Gladly. I'll take another 47-12 victory with a club record to Haz again thanks ;-)

Marshall will be there this time, what happened last time Marshall played the dogs?

Timmah

Staff member
Did we injure the farker? I can't remember. Either way, we played you later in the year and still smashed you. I don't care what your excuse is. 79-22 aggregate in 2006 ;-)

mattyg

Bench
Did we injure the farker? I can't remember. Either way, we played you later in the year and still smashed you. I don't care what your excuse is. 79-22 aggregate in 2006 ;-)

at least 10 of those points were scored with 12 men on the field too ;-) It could possibly be more, as Bryce Gibbs and Mark O'Meley were both sin binned in Round 2. Not quite sure if they scored any in Shreks absense :lol: The Tigers are now our bitch

He got injured the week before in a head clash on half time.

mattyg said:
at least 10 of those points were scored with 12 men on the field too ;-) It could possibly be more, as Bryce Gibbs and Mark O'Meley were both sin binned in Round 2. Not quite sure if they scored any in Shreks absense :lol: The Tigers are now our bitch

From memory you scored a few tries when Bibbs was in the bin.

mattyg

Bench
Marshall_magic said:
From memory you scored a few tries when Bibbs was in the bin.

We probably would have scored a few more if he remained on the field. That bloke is an absolute liability for you guys :lol:

mattyg said:
We probably would have scored a few more if he remained on the field. That bloke is an absolute liability for you guys :lol:

bloody oath, he is dead set useless, slightly better than the sizzler

Timmah

Staff member
'Bibbs' I love it :lol:

He needed one when he went catatonic after Shrek's hit :D

Latest posts