What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Telstra Premiership 2007 -- Round 1

Tiger_Tim

Juniors
Just Another 'Dogs Supporter said:
Sunday Gold Coast v St George Illa @ Suncorp - 3:00pm (delayed on 9 throughout Australia)

Hang on, its its on at 3pm Qld time, wont it be 4pm NSW time, and therefore live into NSW/ACT?

Or does that 3pm mean NSW time, and its actually being played at 2pm in Qld? :crazy:

Quidgybo

Bench
Yeah, I noticed that too. I assume 3pm QLD time and live into NSW at 4pm. I also note that the Fox Sports Sunday afternoon match has moved back to 2pm instead of 2.30pm. The obvious intention is to remove the overlap in telecasts between Fox and Nein.

Months ago I read some speculation that the Nein match would actually become a regular live 4pm telecast on Sundays. Obviously with daylight saving and the match in QLD we can't really tell one way or another just from the round 1 draw. If it did move to a 4pm kickoff then that'd mean six out of eight matches would be telecast live each week.

Leigh.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Tiger_Tim said:
Hang on, its its on at 3pm Qld time, wont it be 4pm NSW time, and therefore live into NSW/ACT?

Or does that 3pm mean NSW time, and its actually being played at 2pm in Qld? :crazy:

Delayed on 9 QLD, Live on 9 NSW sorry, I forgot DS is in effect for Rounds 1, 2 and Fri/Sat Round 3.

9 QLD viewers are getting a raw deal in the first week if you ask me :fist: so they should get to the game!

Timmah

Staff member
Just the Friday and Saturday night secondary matches would be on delay Quidgy, that would be awesome. However I think we're stuck with 3pm kickoff for 4pm televising.

Quidgybo

Bench
9 QLD viewers are getting a raw deal in the first week if you ask me
Price they (we) pay for being out of step on daylight saving.

Leigh.

nqboy

First Grade
Delayed on 9 QLD, Live on 9 NSW sorry, I forgot DS is in effect for Rounds 1, 2 and Fri/Sat Round 3.

(Nein's) QLD viewers are getting a raw deal in the first week if you ask me :fist: so they should get to the game!
No surprises there, they've been giving us a raw deal for over a decade. But in this case, it's not entirely their fault. And that's as generous as you'll hear me being towards Nein until their commitment to genuine footy fans improves.

:roll: :lol: at that "Thank you Eddie, all is forgiven" comment with Storm/Tigers live into NSW. He'll have to show a lot more than that over a far longer period of time before I'll stop cursing their name.

nqboy

First Grade
Quidgybo said:
Price they (we) pay for being out of step on daylight saving.

Leigh.
Which is a whole other issue. Damn Beattie and his intransigence on this issue. Just draw a line around the south-east and they can go to DST. The rest of us can stay on EST so the curtains won't fade :sarcasm:

Quidgybo

Bench
I was just expressing my shear amazement. A club game live into Melbourne on a Friday night? Seriously!?! I'll agree they'll have to back it up but it's certainly a good start to the new season. If we can just get regular 4pm Sunday telecasts and Friday night replays by 9:30pm or even 10:30pm I'll be ecstatic.

Leigh.

nqboy

First Grade
Quidgybo said:
I was just expressing my shear amazement. A club game live into Melbourne on a Friday night? Seriously!?! I'll agree they'll have to back it up but it's certainly a good start to the new season. If we can just get regular 4pm Sunday telecasts and Friday night replays by 9:30pm or even 10:30pm I'll be ecstatic.

Leigh.
Yeah, let's wait and see what happens first. Don't trust the f*ckers.

Quidgybo

Bench
nqboy said:
Which is a whole other issue. Damn Beattie and his intransigence on this issue. Just draw a line around the south-east and they can go to DST. The rest of us can stay on EST so the curtains won't fade :sarcasm:
Without giving anything away all I can say is - we beat them once, we'll just have to beat them again. Either that or seceed. ;-)

Leigh.

Timmah

Staff member
You've got the first Friday night live. Don't complain Victoria :D

robbie123

Juniors
If souths can win the charity shield vs Dragons then the first round vs roosters will be a sellout at aussie....the success of monday night football is on the line.

skeepe

Immortal
Bring back John Fifita said:
Ahh, forgot about that Raiders game (is at any wonder why...).

Thanks Ink.

Cracker of a game, that one, was lucky enough to be in attendance :D

I'm wondering if I should go to Kogarah more often... been 4 times and the Dragons have lost each and every time. Dragons vs Raiders, Cowboys and Newcastle 2003, Dragons vs Raiders 2004.

meltiger

First Grade
Friday Melbourne v Wests @ Olympic (Live on 9 NSW/VIC, Delayed on 9 QLD) - 7:30pm

Oh ffs why? Why show their f**king home games live against the gate?

Their AWAY games are the ones that need to be televised live into Victoria.

Wicks

Juniors
skeepe said:
You really think a Brumbies match at Bloemfontein 3am Sunday morning is going to impact on a Raiders crowd?

I was asking I didnt know Do you know if the Raiders asked for a home game

If Manly selected the Raiders they were above you on the table Why wouldnt you want to go back to place where you won last year

Quidgybo

Bench
meltiger said:
Oh ffs why? Why show their f**king home games live against the gate?

Their AWAY games are the ones that need to be televised live into Victoria.
At this point Nein could be forgiven for thinking that there's just no pleasing some people. I can just hear Eddie now, "you complain when it's at 2am and now we give it to you live, you still complain?!?" I understand your logic on showing away games versus home against the gate, but for now let's gratefully accept this gift horse for what it is - a preciously rare chance to expose the Storm in primetime to 200,000 plus people instead of just the 12,000 or 13,000 at the ground. So what if it hurts this one crowd? There's no indication yet that this is anything more than a once off kick start for their season. But even if it is only a once off and the rest of the season is a continuation of 2am replays, this one broadcast alone could help signifcantly boost subsequent crowds in the absence of another Origin promotion.

Leigh.

meltiger

First Grade
Ok that's a fair point Leigh. If it's a once off due to it being the season opener, I can accept that. If it's an entire season thing, then I will be concerned - Purely because the main complaint we get from Northerners is that the clubs crowds are crap.

4/6 ;-)

Have no problem admitting that either. Marshall magic is the one having trouble admitted the 'Dogs owned the bradbury premiers of 2005 in their premiership defence year :D

where did I say that

32-10 and 47-12 are 2 ownings, nobdy can deny that.

Latest posts