What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Telstra Premiership Round 1 - Teams / Refs / Results

Ice777

Bench
simon says said:
They arent as scarey looking on paper as they used to be IMO.

No Webster,Turner,Kidwel,Hill.....

And Jermey Smith in the backrow....wtf???

Still a very good side....

Yeah that's fair enough there's a few new blokes in for round one. But IMO Quinn certainly offsets the loss of Webster As for Kiddie while he was a great player for us, with the blokes we have and other blokes getting their chance i think you'll find we won't miss as much as many seem to think we will.

Turner takes away a bit of our scoring power but in saying that we're not short on options and young Israel seems a likely type. While you don't want to put much pressure on him in his first game from what i've seen so far he'll adapt no worries.

We certainly are beatable as every team is especially in round one. I think we'll have a win but i certainly don't think it's a foregone conclusion.

smeghead

Bench
BTW When are the reff duties for each game released? I know that the Sharks have theirs but any idea when the rest are available? I would try the NRL site but I just know how well that is laid out and updated

panthersballboy

Juniors
People doubting Preston at Fullback forget that last year he defended on the wing and had a heap of bombs thrown his way. He also covered fullback a few times for Wesser as well. He is actually good under the highball. The little fella looks like Spud Webb (Tiny NBA player) when he gets up for the bombs. I actually think it's a masterstroke from Cartwright. It takes him out of the front line defence so teams can't target him, and his broken field play is superb which he might get a lot of running from the back.

simon says

First Grade
While Im here,this should piss off the Parra fans,but I must admit I laughed when I saw their backrow of Robinson,I Hindmarsh and Daniel Wagon.

Looks a little......well,ordinary IMO.

macavity

Referee
on sides named I tip the sharks for the spoon

and I admit ours doesn't look hugely flash on paper either.

huge churn in every side bar broncs this year by the looks of it!

Jono Russell

Bench
macavity said:

The sharks season really depends on our halves.

Our front row is great.

Ross, Stapleton, Douglas, Thompson, Gallen, Bird

our backs are not the best but if Kimmorley,Dykes,Kearny and Seymore can fire and ricky can find a top half pairing. It will be enough to win many games.

Snoz

Juniors
manly team

Stewart
Hicks
Bell
Matai
Robertson
Lyon
Orford
Williamson
Stewart
Menzies
Kite
Monaghan
King

Bryant
Burns
Watmough
Hall
Rose

1 to be omitted

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
macavity said:

Yes on paper we are one of the weakest, so if Ricky can avoid the spoon he has done well.

nqboy

First Grade
skeepe said:
Cowboys team

1 Matt Bowen
2 Brenton Bowen
3 Mark Henry
4 Ashley Graham
5 Neil Sweeney
6 Jason Smith
7 Johnathan Thurston ©
8 Matthew Scott
9 Aaron Payne (vc)
10 Carl Webb
11 Steve Southern
12 Luke O’Donnell
13 Justin Smith

INTERCHANGE

14 Rod Jensen
15 Jacob Lillyman
16 Sione Faumuina
17 Shane Tronc
18 Scott Bolton

http://www.cowboys.com.au/news.php?id=22
Where's the Bear? The Bully said he was right for this weekend. Great to see Rocket Rod, The Bod, Jensen re-claim the 14. Now we just need him to re-capture his best form, circa 2005.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Dogs team isn't too removed from last years mac, just a few shuffles really... most players in that lineup have experience under them.

Timmah

Staff member
Snoz said:
manly team

Stewart
Hicks
Bell
Matai
Robertson
Lyon
Orford
Williamson
Stewart
Menzies
Kite
Monaghan
King

Bryant
Burns
Watmough
Hall
Rose

1 to be omitted

I'm assuming source = Sea eagles sms?

cant wait for the dogs vs knights game, should be a really good game
i think cutler will do fine in utai's spot, and roberts has shown to be a capable halfback

Bicey_18

Bench
This whole match is exciting for a number of reasons:

* How will the Knights play under Smith? How has their defence improved?
* A couple of new guys in both teams...
* Emergence of Newcastle's Jersey Flegg players from last year in McManus and Seu Seu, possibly Patterson
* Both sides have good forwards, obv the Dogs have the advantage there but the Knights forwards arent that bad

Should be a cracker of a match and the crowd will be electric...

I think the Dogs may just get the cash imo..... but you never know what can happen in rd 1

Timmah

Staff member
14 teams in... haven't heard anything official out of old Brisbane town and I've heard absolutely nothing from Kogarah way... what's happening Saints?

elyod138

Bench
nqboy said:
Where's the Bear? The Bully said he was right for this weekend. Great to see Rocket Rod, The Bod, Jensen re-claim the 14. Now we just need him to re-capture his best form, circa 2005.

Bear is playing for the Guns.

RufusRex

Post Whore
Broncos team is out ... came out much earlier .. Hunt in the halves .. moon in the centres ...

Dragons .... nothing but tumbleweed from Doust and Brown so far

Penance

Juniors
smeghead said:
Souths real issues this year will lay in the halves.
Really? nah nah i think we might need better forwards, our forwards will make us struggle..:sarcasm: :sarcasm:

Latest posts