What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Telstra Premiership Round 1 - Teams / Refs / Results

Mr Saab

Referee
lockyno1 said:
That is putting it nicely. Most ovverated player I have seen EVER!

Who rates him?
When he played for australia he was in fine form.
He copped and elbow to the head in the test match he played in and his confidence (thus career) went way downhill.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Burt is a f**king awesome FB.

Next Week Inu should come in for Reddy. However, this is how i would prefer a full strength parra side.

1. Hayne
2. Inu
3. Smith
4. Tahu
5. Grothe
6. Burt, yes burt... he plays a bit of second receiver at times, and his kicking game is MORe than handy.
7. Smith
8. Cayless
9. Marsh
10. Fui Fui
11. N Hindy
12. I Hindy
13. Riddell

14. Finch
15. Robinson
16. Cordoba
17. Cannings

players to miss out are Lowrie and Reddy, this is a radical set up... i know, but it could really work. Last year Finch had some success at 9, and he could possibly swap with PJ... or riddell could go to 9 and finch to 6if they wanted to have a bigger side on the field... etc., there are alot of versatility and could cover any injury situation.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Doubt it Burty. LB is a good solid footballer but Finch and Smith have a combination. Finch actually has experience at 5/8. He will be a good player for the eels at 5/8. He aint a halfback but he is a good 5/8 with a organiser in Tim Smith inside him. Luke Burt is not a 5/8th. As it is he is lucky he is fullback as Hayne and Inu long term are probally better in that position. That said Burt is a very good winger and can goalkick well.

Matt23

Staff member
Unfortunately for Eels fans, Lowrie is a golden child and will never be dropped no matter how crap he plays.

mxlegend99

Referee
KNIGHTS v BULLDOGS
EnergyAustralia Stadium
Round 1
Sunday 18 March, 2007
Coach: Brian Smith

1. Kurt Gidley
2. James McManus
3. George Carmont
4. Brad Tighe
5. Adam MacDougall
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Andrew Johns (c)
8. Josh Perry
9. Terence Seu Seu
10. Adam Woolnough
11. Steve Simpson
12. Clint Newton
13. Kirk Reynoldson

Interchange:
14. Todd Polglase
15. Daniel Abraham
16. Matthew White
17. Daniel Tolar
18. Cory Paterson
19. Jesse Royal
(two to be omitted)

RABK

Referee
Knights on Debut

Tuesday, March 13, 2007 - Newcastle Knights

Knights duo, James McManus and Terence Seu Seu will make their NRL debuts this Sunday when Newcastle hosts the Bulldogs at EnergyAustralia Stadium.

Coach Brian Smith announced a 19 man squad for the season opener today, featuring seven new faces in the first grade line up.

“Everyone in this side has earned their opportunity,” Brian Smith said.

“James and Terence especially have been standout performers throughout the pre season and in the trials. I think they’re ready to give it a shot.”

McManus joined the Knights from the Northern Territory Institute of Sport in 2004 and was one of Premier League’s most consistent players in 2006. Seu Seu was a member of last year’s Jersey Flegg Minor Premiership side before launching his representative career with New Zealand ‘A’.

McManus and Seu Seu are joined by fellow debutants Todd Polglase, Cory Paterson and Jesse Royal.

Matthew White returns to the top grade for the first time since 2005 and Adam MacDougall makes his much anticipated come back in the blue and red.

“I can’t wait to run out in Knights colours again,” MacDougall said.

“There’s a great feeling within the club and the team is in top shape to kick off the season.”

“We’re not quite full strength but we’re close,” said Smith.

Meanwhile, competition for key positions has resulted in one of the strongest Premier League teams in recent memory with a number of experienced first graders included in Coach Trent Robinson’s starting 13.

Six days from kick off, ticket sales are strong but there are still plenty of good seats left for Sunday’s blockbuster.

Once again this year, supporters are encouraged to pre-purchase tickets in the lead up to game day to avoid lining up.

Tickets can be purchased at the Knights Kingdom Supporter Store at EnergyAustralia Stadium, Rebel Sport Charlestown, Travelworld Newcastle and Cessnock, over the phone on 4941 8282 or through Ticketmaster on 136 100.

Gates open at 9.10am for members and 9.25am for the public - kick off between the Knights and the Bulldogs at 2pm.

http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/absolutenm/templates/mediareleases.asp?articleid=1019&zoneid=1

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
lockyno1 said:
Doubt it Burty. LB is a good solid footballer but Finch and Smith have a combination. Finch actually has experience at 5/8. He will be a good player for the eels at 5/8. He aint a halfback but he is a good 5/8 with a organiser in Tim Smith inside him. Luke Burt is not a 5/8th. As it is he is lucky he is fullback as Hayne and Inu long term are probally better in that position. That said Burt is a very good winger and can goalkick well.

you just wait and watch mate, im serioulsy thinking of changing my name... it should be no.1_lb

ByRd

First Grade
Red and Blue Knight said:
Knights on Debut

Tuesday, March 13, 2007 - Newcastle Knights

Knights duo, James McManus and Terence Seu Seu will make their NRL debuts this Sunday when Newcastle hosts the Bulldogs at EnergyAustralia Stadium.

Coach Brian Smith announced a 19 man squad for the season opener today, featuring seven new faces in the first grade line up.

“Everyone in this side has earned their opportunity,” Brian Smith said.

“James and Terence especially have been standout performers throughout the pre season and in the trials. I think they’re ready to give it a shot.”

McManus joined the Knights from the Northern Territory Institute of Sport in 2004 and was one of Premier League’s most consistent players in 2006. Seu Seu was a member of last year’s Jersey Flegg Minor Premiership side before launching his representative career with New Zealand ‘A’.

McManus and Seu Seu are joined by fellow debutants Todd Polglase, Cory Paterson and Jesse Royal.

Matthew White returns to the top grade for the first time since 2005 and Adam MacDougall makes his much anticipated come back in the blue and red.

“I can’t wait to run out in Knights colours again,” MacDougall said.

“There’s a great feeling within the club and the team is in top shape to kick off the season.”

“We’re not quite full strength but we’re close,” said Smith.

Meanwhile, competition for key positions has resulted in one of the strongest Premier League teams in recent memory with a number of experienced first graders included in Coach Trent Robinson’s starting 13.

Six days from kick off, ticket sales are strong but there are still plenty of good seats left for Sunday’s blockbuster.

Once again this year, supporters are encouraged to pre-purchase tickets in the lead up to game day to avoid lining up.

Tickets can be purchased at the Knights Kingdom Supporter Store at EnergyAustralia Stadium, Rebel Sport Charlestown, Travelworld Newcastle and Cessnock, over the phone on 4941 8282 or through Ticketmaster on 136 100.

Gates open at 9.10am for members and 9.25am for the public - kick off between the Knights and the Bulldogs at 2pm.

http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/absolutenm/templates/mediareleases.asp?articleid=1019&zoneid=1
Is a good side but doesnt look to strong, should be a good game, Bring it on Knights!!!

cardinal

Juniors
no.2_lukeburt said:
Burt is a f**king awesome FB.

Next Week Inu should come in for Reddy. However, this is how i would prefer a full strength parra side.

1. Hayne
2. Inu
3. Smith
4. Tahu
5. Grothe
6. Burt, yes burt... he plays a bit of second receiver at times, and his kicking game is MORe than handy.
7. Smith
8. Cayless
9. Marsh
10. Fui Fui
11. N Hindy
12. I Hindy
13. Riddell

14. Finch
15. Robinson
16. Cordoba
17. Cannings

players to miss out are Lowrie and Reddy, this is a radical set up... i know, but it could really work. Last year Finch had some success at 9, and he could possibly swap with PJ... or riddell could go to 9 and finch to 6if they wanted to have a bigger side on the field... etc., there are alot of versatility and could cover any injury situation.

Yeah burty has such a strong defensive game and he really would hit the ball hard in attack. :lol: You will find Burt will spend most of the game on the wing with reddy at fullback and if Inu can kick some goals in the prems burty will be in the lower grade soon. Finch played crap last year at hooker but carved it up at 5/8. Mateo will be in the side before long.

RABK

Referee
skeepe said:
Pretty weak Knights team.

Certianly looks this way, but this is what we've been asking for...all our juniors to get a go so with 7 new faces, we'll see how we go.

Bit hypocritical of you considering half your posts are devoted to defending Canberra's line up of nobody's when you too are trying to develop a lot of younger talent.

skeepe

Immortal
Certianly looks this way, but this is what we've been asking for...all our juniors to get a go so with 7 new faces, we'll see how we go.

Always exciting to see promising juniors come through.

Bit hypocritical of you considering half your posts are devoted to defending Canberra's line up of nobody's when you too are trying to develop a lot of younger talent.

Perhaps. I balance the shame of this out with the fact that I hate the Knights and hope they wither and die.

Brad Joyce

Juniors
Warriors side confirmed.

McKinnon
Crockett
Martin
Hohaia
Vatuvei
Witt
Rovelli
Wiki
Gatis
Price
Mannering
Swann
Luck

Fien
Tuimavave
Lauaki
Anderson

18th Man - Rapira

skeepe

Immortal
Well good luck with that. :lol:

I'm an angry, hate-filled man.

Good Warriors team. From all reports, Crockett has been killing it in the trials.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
cardinal said:
Yeah burty has such a strong defensive game and he really would hit the ball hard in attack. :lol: You will find Burt will spend most of the game on the wing with reddy at fullback and if Inu can kick some goals in the prems burty will be in the lower grade soon. Finch played crap last year at hooker but carved it up at 5/8. Mateo will be in the side before long.

mate how many parra games with burt have you watched last year? if the answer is all, you would realise he really has improved his defence... massively. His agility has fooled many, and he has a good long kick (known for 40/20s) and a good short grubber, this has enabled him to be used as an option kicker. Yes, i concede that you may be right about finch, im not 100% on that... well see how it goes, but as it stands burt should be 2nd option 5/8 imo. I completely forgot about mateo... some selection dilemmas ahead.

lockyno1

Post Whore
no.2_lukeburt said:
mate how many parra games with burt have you watched last year? if the answer is all, you would realise he really has improved his defence... massively. His agility has fooled many, and he has a good long kick (known for 40/20s) and a good short grubber, this has enabled him to be used as an option kicker. Yes, i concede that you may be right about finch, im not 100% on that... well see how it goes, but as it stands burt should be 2nd option 5/8 imo. I completely forgot about mateo... some selection dilemmas ahead.

So becuase he an kick he should be at 5/8th? Jeez burty even for you that is pretty silly to say the least. Burt's "defence" makes Bowen look like the best defending fullback ever. His defence would be terrible at 5/8th. That is the point most people are making. Sure he may have the skills attackingly as a 5/8th but that is only half the game. Plus Finch is a very good 5/8th. Give him a go first. No way would Burt be 2nd choice either. Blake Green would be and by a fair margin as well.