What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Telstra Premiership Round 1 - Teams / Refs / Results

cardinal

Juniors
no.2_lukeburt said:
mate how many parra games with burt have you watched last year? if the answer is all, you would realise he really has improved his defence... massively. His agility has fooled many, and he has a good long kick (known for 40/20s) and a good short grubber, this has enabled him to be used as an option kicker. Yes, i concede that you may be right about finch, im not 100% on that... well see how it goes, but as it stands burt should be 2nd option 5/8 imo. I completely forgot about mateo... some selection dilemmas ahead.

For a start he only played a few games last year due to injury and while his attack was great in a couple of games his front on defence is ordinary. I saw all the games and the cronulla game in particular stood out as an example of his front on defence or lack of it. No first grade or lower grade coach in his grade career has played him at 5/8 so it is not going to happen soon. with grothe to come back and Inu and Lett in the prems he will have to be on his game is all I am saying.

aussies1st

Staff member
Brad Joyce said:
Warriors side confirmed.

McKinnon
Crockett
Martin
Hohaia
Vatuvei
Witt
Rovelli
Wiki
Gatis
Price
Mannering
Swann
Luck

Fien
Tuimavave
Lauaki
Anderson

18th Man - Rapira

Interesting side, would have thought Fien would be starting hooker.

Brad Joyce

Juniors
aussies1st said:
Interesting side, would have thought Fien would be starting hooker.

Fien is still coming back to full fitness and Gatis has been killing it in the pre season games.

skeepe

Immortal
Brad Joyce said:
Fien is still coming back to full fitness and Gatis has been killing it in the pre season games.

That ruptured birth certificate must have been quite painful.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Mar 13 - Here is the Penrith side named for Round 1 against the Sharks on Saturday night at Toyota Park (7.30pm kick-off):

1st Grade
1. Rhys Wesser, 2. Nick Youngquest, 3. Michael Gordon, 4. Luke Lewis, 5. Luke Rooney, 6. Peter Wallace, 7. Craig Gower, 8. Joel Clinton, 9. Luke Priddis, 10. Frank Puletua, 11. Matthew Cross, 12. Tony Puletua, 13. Trent Waterhouse. Interchange (from): 14. Junior Moors, 15. Brendan Worth, 16. Nathan Smith, 17. Paul Aiton, 18. Matthew Bell

Finally Junior Moors gets to debut!

Source www.panthers.com.au

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
cardinal said:
For a start he only played a few games last year due to injury and while his attack was great in a couple of games his front on defence is ordinary. I saw all the games and the cronulla game in particular stood out as an example of his front on defence or lack of it. No first grade or lower grade coach in his grade career has played him at 5/8 so it is not going to happen soon. with grothe to come back and Inu and Lett in the prems he will have to be on his game is all I am saying.

yeah i know, but im just sayin that he is an option incase Finchy doesnt work out... think about it, he does have the attributes. Noone played preston cambell at 5/6 or half until John Lang came along... so you cant completely rule out the halves option.

Bicey_18

Bench
Lowdown said:
Diddo - that's quite possibly the weakest line-up of the round...

[reconsiders Tigers as pick for Wooden Spoon]

I love it... under estimating the Knights juniors

I hope the Doggies are expecting an easy game... cos i guarentee you they wont get one!

Weak? Johns, Doogs, Simmo, Newton, Mullen... I dont think so

Thought i may not think we will win I do think we will be competitive and build on each performance

Panther_Daz

Staff member
skeepe said:
Is Brendan Worth a forward or a back?

That's a tiny, tiny bench.

He is a front rower. Very inexperienced bench. When Pritchard and Rodney return from injury that will make the bench alot stronger.

New coach Matthew Elliott has named his Penrith side named for Round 1 against the Sharks on Saturday night at Toyota Park (7.30pm kick-off):

1st Grade
1. Rhys Wesser, 2. Nick Youngquest, 3. Michael Gordon, 4. Luke Lewis, 5. Luke Rooney, 6. Peter Wallace, 7. Craig Gower, 8. Joel Clinton, 9. Luke Priddis, 10. Frank Puletua, 11. Matthew Cross, 12. Tony Puletua, 13. Trent Waterhouse.
Interchange: 14. Junior Moors, 15. Brendan Worth, 16. Nathan Smith, 17. Paul Aiton, 18. Matthew Bell

god1 said:
New coach Matthew Elliott has named his Penrith side named for Round 1 against the Sharks on Saturday night at Toyota Park (7.30pm kick-off):

1st Grade
1. Rhys Wesser, 2. Nick Youngquest, 3. Michael Gordon, 4. Luke Lewis, 5. Luke Rooney, 6. Peter Wallace, 7. Craig Gower, 8. Joel Clinton, 9. Luke Priddis, 10. Frank Puletua, 11. Matthew Cross, 12. Tony Puletua, 13. Trent Waterhouse.
Interchange: 14. Junior Moors, 15. Brendan Worth, 16. Nathan Smith, 17. Paul Aiton, 18. Matthew Bell

haha typical matt elliot team... nathan smith must be his new love child

Snoz

Juniors
VODAFONE WARRIORS V PARRAMATTA EELS

Mt Smart Stadium, Auckland

7.30pm, Saturday, March 17, 2007

VODAFONE WARRIORS

WADE McKINNON

MICHAEL CROCKETT

TONY MARTIN

LANCE HOHAIA

MANU VATUVEI

MICHAEL WITT

GRANT ROVELLI

RUBEN WIKI (V-C)

GEORGE GATIS

STEVE PRICE (C)

SIMON MANNERING

LOGAN SWANN

MICHEAL LUCK

NATHAN FIEN

EVARN TUIMAVAVE

EPALAHAME LAUAKI

LOUIS ANDERSON

SAM RAPIRA

skeepe

Immortal
Panther_Daz said:
He is a front rower. Very inexperienced bench. When Pritchard and Rodney return from injury that will make the bench alot stronger.

So the Panthers will be fielding a bench of:

14. Five/eighth
15. Prop
16. Winger
17. Hooker

Interesting.

RABK

Referee
Panther_Daz said:

Didn't know there was a jail called injury these days.

mxlegend99

Referee
skeepe said:
Is Brendan Worth a forward or a back?

That's a tiny, tiny bench.
I would assume Worth is a front row sub, Moors the second row. Aiton is lock/hooker and Smith is the centre/wing sub.

Smith is the only one i would consider tiny on our bench, being a back. Aiton aint big, but he is powerful, Moors is massive, and Worth is average. Either way, it's good too see some new players named. We still have Frank Pritchard, Shane Rodney, Peewee Moke and Michael Jennings to add to our team. And i will admit that this could backfire big time. I sure as hell hope he has improved the fitness of our forwards. Elliot is looking to change our bench two just 2 forwards and 2 utilities i think.