What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TEN News - Bird to sign on Friday

SirShire

First Grade
ShireShark said:
Nah, that's if Peach leaves. Get it right would you?

And what about Preston?
And will it be the ET stand or the Monty Burns stand?

And who the f**k was Peter Burns anyway?

I read about it once. It was just too boring to remember. I say rename that stand!

spacemanspiff

Juniors
ST just finished. Sez that Bird has 4 other offers on the table.
My moneys on Raiders, Tigers...dunno who else.

Either way we'll have to pay Bird what he's "worth" Doesnt matter how much value we got out of him this year. The player market is so tight that if you've played first grade (Bird: yes) If you can fill more than one position (Bird: yes) If you can play in the halves (Bird: yes*) If you've got finals experience (Bird: yes) if you're young (Bird: yes) then you are going to be able to earn decent money. His discipline is an issue, but it wont cost him when it comes to the crunch.

I say give him enought to keep him. Who else is out there?

*I'm not saying play 'well' in the halves.

i'm not going to hold that last lifting tackle suspension against bird - the knee was a brain explosion, that was just a strong tackle gone just wrong side of legal.

the kid's got a lot of potential and i think we saw his desire after he came back from the knee suspension when he was one of our best. i think he's worth keeping... but not worth getting into a bidding war over. kent is looking more to me like our future 5/8 but bird has strong utility value.

i'd hope he feels a certain debt of gratitude to the club and that should be reflected to some degree in contract negotiations.

dreary said:
McSharkie said:
Excellent . . . He's going to be on Nova 96.9 in a few minutes too.

And???

What did he say???

why the f**k would a top rating station put greg bird on the radio?
all they'd hear would be "click click click click"
that's the sound of radios turning off all across sydney

JCSwank

Juniors
SS - your hate of Bird goes seems to go deeper than you not rating his footballing talents. What happened, did he pick up some chic you were after??

McSharkie - what did he say??

SS - your hate of Bird goes seems to go deeper than you not rating his footballing talents. What happened, did he pick up some chic you were after??
Youre right, it's not just football, I think he's a low bloke in general - overinflated opinion of himself, but my main concern is that this manifests itself on the football field and you can see this is why he doesnt pass the ball

But no, he didnt pick up some chick I was after

I hear he mainly goes out at Carmens...I stay well away from the joint for the sole fact that it's a toilet.

Surely

Post Whore
Gee a 20yo with an over inflated opinion of himself... that would be unusual wouldn't it.

DJDL

Bench
but my main concern is that this manifests itself on the football field and you can see this is why he doesnt pass the ball

No, he doesn't pass the football because he usually receives it 3 wide of the ruck and is being used as a runner.
How many times have we seen him (particularly earlier this year) get through the ad line and look to offload, but for lack of support?

A point even Reefy conceded earlier this year.

Then watch his two games back from suspension, and without Noddy, when he was playing a more traditional five eighth's role and tell me he doesn't pass the ball.

I say it's a good thing we have signed him. And I can't wait to see him back from this suspension and playing in a team which includes Noddy, and is dominating in the forwards.

pogo

Juniors
good onya djl an objective post and spot on.

you obviously watch the game closely.......any one can see that bird in his last two games played a vastly diferent role.

funny how bird s venomous detractors cant see past their biased noses!

Latest posts