What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tennis

I didn't realise Popyrin was that talented. Huge potential IMO - more than Tomic or Kyrgios at the same age.

Let's hope he has his screwed on and just continues to work hard on his game for the next 1-2 years.

Wizardman

First Grade
Women: Similar to the men, the veteran ladies are putting away the young brigade. Petra Kvivota is looking the form player at the moment. Serena Williams is always a threat as well. Pliskova or Kerber also have the tools to take it out.....between those four for the title. I don't think Barty is ready for that big stage just yet, Sharapova is not the same as she was and someone will eventually hit Halep off the court.

Tommy Smith

Referee
So the women's 2nd seed Angie Kerber just lost the first set 6 love to an unseeded player.

Seriously, women's tennis is just f**king bizarre.

horrie hastings

First Grade
It is nice to have an Aussie that is so easy to cheer for! I hope she goes all the way...would be close to the Australian sporting story of the year.

Just got home from work to see Barty almost unravel a 4-0 lead in the 3rd set, glad she got past Sharapova who was grunting and screaming more so than normal. Barty came within a whisker of beating Kvitova in the final in Sydney last week so who knows what might happen next. Interesting that Barty is only the 5th Australian woman to make the quarters since the open has been played at Flinders Park and none of the other 4 won in the quarters so go Ash.

some11

Referee
Hard to watch any match with sharapova and her f**king grunting. Let's go Barty!
And she's goooorn, you beauty!

Dimitrov/Tiafoe is a really interesting match, youth and enthusiam vs experience - the American ran out of steam at the end of the 3rd.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Rafa has had an absolute cakewalk into the semis.

I think he'll be in for a rude awakening if he faces Federer as he hasn't been tested at all.

Tommy Smith

Referee
maybe he will have to wait until the final to be tested
I agree.

A new star is born with Tsitsipas but Rafa will test him so much more on return games than Federer who for a while now has well and truly lost his ground game; particular his ROS.

Bautista Agut is on fire too so that'll be tough but neither will beat Rafa who will simply bully his way to victory.

LatK7

First Grade
The young one did very well tonight. Didn’t let up.

Federer had plenty of chances but the kid was clutch. Unfortunately his game turned to junk in the third set, which unfortunately is becoming increasingly common. At times he could barely land a shot in the court. Aging ain’t fun.

Wizardman

First Grade
The young one did very well tonight. Didn’t let up.

Federer had plenty of chances but the kid was clutch. Unfortunately his game turned to junk in the third set, which unfortunately is becoming increasingly common. At times he could barely land a shot in the court. Aging ain’t fun.
The greek looks like he has the goods. Top ten player for sure and will be there by the end of the year. Medvedev also looks every bit the top ten player as well....Novak will have a task on his hands tonight.

Zverev.....a bit of a looney. Shows up in lower comps, a bit of a ghost at the majors.

some11

Referee
Tsitsipas youngest player into a grand slam semi-final since Djokovic in 2007.

Good for him, hopefully he can keep the momentum going.