What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tennis

horrie hastings

First Grade
Great to see Sam Stosur and Zhang Shuai win the women’s double, despite Sams results in recent years in the singles she is still our last Grand Slam Women’s winner and very disrespectful of ch 9not to show the trophy presentation after they won.

axl rose

Bench
Great to see Sam Stosur and Zhang Shuai win the women’s double, despite Sams results in recent years in the singles she is still our last Grand Slam Women’s winner and very disrespectful of ch 9not to show the trophy presentation after they won.
This the first year 9 have had it? was abroad for a few years. Underwhelmed with their coverage to say the least, but not surprised.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Joker making a mess of Nadal here..

It legit looks like number 1 in the world v number 150 or something... considering Rafa had been wiping the floor with every merkin he had come up against so far it’s quite extraordinary

Last edited:
Finally someone who gets it

I don't see how anyone can argue it. The guy has almost no weakness. Something you can't say about Nadal or Federer.

Maybe at the start of his career there were questions about his mental toughness and fight. He's done more than enough to rectify that though.

If (and it's a big if) he can take away another French Open away from Nadal before they both retire then it'll be undisputed IMO.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
We have been blessed to live in a time with probably 3 of the top 5 players to ever swing a racquet.

Murray imo would be top 10 as well just cursed he was born when he was.. any other period he wins 10+ Slams

But yeh Novak at his best which we are seeing here is another level and has the record against the others to prove it.

Federer has the style and class, Nadal the power and tenacity but Djoker is just a machine, so hard to win a point against the merkin it’s almost not fair.

Tommy Smith

Referee
The genius of Djoker is his RoS.

It's the most devastating shot in the history of tennis by a mile.

There are so few easy games on serve when you play him.

Absolute beast.

LatK7

First Grade
I don't see how anyone can argue it. The guy has almost no weakness. Something you can't say about Nadal or Federer.

Maybe at the start of his career there were questions about his mental toughness and fight. He's done more than enough to rectify that though.

If (and it's a big if) he can take away another French Open away from Nadal before they both retire then it'll be undisputed IMO.

Well everyone gets excited after a very strong performance, but he definitely has weaknesses. I.e. volley, overhead and the footwork with both, he just avoids those circumstances often. Many arguments re. highest peak, but he's etched himself well into the conversation, so congrats to him.

Extremely well played, Nadal had no answer & looks a step too slow when playing someone with a strong return. Has lost the last 17 sets in a row on HC against Djokovic if I'm not mistaken.

Apey

Staff member
Frustrating to watch such a plod performance from Nadal. Djokovic was very good and would have wiped the floor with anyone.

LatK7

First Grade
And the gap closes to 5....the only place Fedtards have left to hide might not be there much longer

6 to eclipse the greatest is no easy feat, particularly given a recent two year stretch of bad losses & surgeries, but he's on a roll and will make the most of it.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I’m quite confident Federer won’t be winning any more slams.

Rafa has another 2-3 French Opens left in him at least which will get him to around the 20 mark.

Djoker at 31 if he stays fit should snag another 5 easy and probably past them both....

There are some great young kids coming through, Zverev, Tsitsipas, Medvedev, Shapovalov but this tourney shows they are still well off the big boys.

LatK7

First Grade
I’m quite confident Federer won’t be winning any more slams.

Rafa has another 2-3 French Opens left in him at least which will get him to around the 20 mark.

Djoker at 31 if he stays fit should snag another 5 easy and probably past them both....

There are some great young kids coming through, Zverev, Tsitsipas, Medvedev, Shapovalov but this tourney shows they are still well off the big boys.

I agree with this, but you're right it just comes down to fitness and the field. There's now two generations or players that haven't been able to break through yet. I'll admit I thought Nadal was going to eclipse Fed after the 2014 RG...but 5 years later he's still 3 behind. Nothing is a given, but for Djokovic at least, his body looks in better shape for now.