What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tennis

Apey

Staff member
Sucks for Nick, I don't think the cooler weather and slower court helped in the end.

The post match was the biggest positive, it seems he genuinely wants to win a major now which is different to previous years. If he keeps playing at this level he will give himself numerous chances over the next few years.
I want a reporter to ask him how he feels about the Big 3's accomplishments after his experiences in the last two slams. A whole new level of respect for them, surely, having a better understanding of what it takes to win just one.

In other news, Alacaraz beat Sinner in a 5 hour 5 setter. It's a shame Alcaraz and Tiafoe are on the same side of the draw. I think it will be a Ruud - Alcaraz final, but honestly the complete opposite wouldn't surprise me either.

LatK7

First Grade
The Alcaraz/Sinner match was probably the best level two young players have delivered in over a decade. Great to watch, hopefully they can keep improving. Perhaps the next big rivalry?

LatK7

First Grade
Your adgendas are epic

If there's a better one between youngsters in bo5 since then I can't remember it.

I hope Alcaraz recovers ok for his next match. He should take a ton of confidence after getting through Sinner. He has the game to win it all. Gut feel is Ruud finds a way, but it's so open I've really got no idea.

LatK7

First Grade
I want a reporter to ask him how he feels about the Big 3's accomplishments after his experiences in the last two slams. A whole new level of respect for them, surely, having a better understanding of what it takes to win just one.
I think this actually happened after Wimbledon where he called the big 3 giants or something similar and his respect for them went up a notch. I think he gets it now.

Apey

Staff member
The Alcaraz/Sinner match was probably the best level two young players have delivered in over a decade. Great to watch, hopefully they can keep improving. Perhaps the next big rivalry?
I only saw some extended highlights but yeah I agree that's the highest level I've seen not involving the big 3 for a long time. Exciting stuff, hope Alcaraz goes all the way, would deserve #1 really.

Apey

Staff member
Iga was impressive in the last couple of games. Down a break in the 3rd, then won 3 games straight (2 breaks) to win.

Her and Carlos winning would be a funny double. On the social side of things Alcaraz is a bit of a fan of Iga's. :)

Apey

Staff member
Another good match involving Alcaraz. The final is also for the #1 ranking now which is exciting. He deserves both imo but Ruud will be another tough one.

LatK7

First Grade
Some great shot making in that match. Great to see both playing aggressively, some terrific points. Hopefully Alcaraz has one more in him…3 5 setters in a row is brutal.

LatK7

First Grade
Congrats to young Alcaraz. Youngest #1 in history after Hewitt set the record back in 2001 with his USO & TMC wins.

He played some great tennis & did very well to hold steady during the 3rd set where his legs were looking dead. He has a lot in his game & looks to have the most potential we've seen in a long while. I hope he improves and wins plenty more, he's a joy to watch.

Ruud played well, a hard worker and crafty player. When Nadal's finally done he'll challenge for RG titles.

Apey

Staff member
Well deserved win. What a champ at only 19. He might be the easy choice of player for me to cheer for after Nadal retires.

I'm sure they'll both win a few slams.

I LOVE that Alcaraz won one before Zverez.

LatK7

First Grade
I LOVE that Alcaraz won one before Zverez

100% Especially after proudly claiming that he was part of the new 'big 3' earlier this year. The guy had a solid start 5/6 years ago but plateaued and loves to underperform...

JCF said his attitude stunk when he briefly coached him...now he's coached a younger guy to a slam. Brilliant. A big congrats to JCF for this one, was an excellent & clever player himself, cruelled by injury. They have the makings of a great pair.

LatK7

First Grade
Poor fella just couldn't get that knee right.

A sad day for the sport, Federer's influence has been like no other. In my many years of watching & playing the game, he's the best I've seen play. His technique, footwork, variety, all court game and shot making was something else. We'll never see anything quite like him. Enjoy retirement, Maestro.

LatK7

First Grade
What a beautiful moment that was to farewell Fed. Seeing him, Nadal & Novak too in tears as the applause went around was powerful to watch.

Credit to Fed, that must've been hard to get through. I have no idea how after 15 months of injury & no match play you can play to a level like he did for 2hrs, but bravo. Handled the match & the emotion like a champion.

A lot of credit to Nadal who has had injury & personal issues to manage, but was there for it all. Djokovic & Murray too, both a class act and so supportive. Very special stuff. Must be a strange feeling to see a guy who's always been there at the top since you've turned pro hang it up for good. I hope the three of them can keep going & get an equally special moment to finish their careers when the time is right for them.

Apey

Staff member
A lot of the Fedal fanfic actually got played out today haha. I think for Nadal he was equally parts devastated that he couldn't help send Fed out a winner, that their tennis rivalry-turned-friendship is officially over, and that he knows his time is getting closer too.

Always liked the Fed. It doesn't mean much in the end but damn I wanted them to win that match. Bit fitting for Fed to have a match point turn into a loss the poor bastard. He will forever be the most popular player of all time and one of the greatest to boot.

The Laver Cup is lots of fun as well. Sure, this one is extra special with Fed retiring and the big four being there, but its great viewing watching the top players interact; cheering and coaching one another.

Latest posts