What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TEST MATCH AU v NZ *Live scores & discussion*

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Geez I dont think the refereeing was that bad, no where near as bad Clark's performance or the GF performance. He made a few blunders, but I thought let the game flow didnt give away crappy little penalties.

Man of the match to Karmichael, deserved it, got involved in a lot plays tonight and scored that good try.

Martli

Coach
Nook said:
And if you are, tough.

Too much pressure on both of 'em tonight - if they do miss the end of year tour (god forbid) then it'll be a good chance to build up some of the other guys instead of relying on pitching it to Sonny 3 in on the flank every 4th tackle. He shoulda been ripping into 'em up the guts tonight, instead he was forcing his hand on the edge for the whole 80 minutes.

Yeah, fully. I'm just saying if injury didn't rob them of more time in the kiwis when maybe the team would "gel" a bit better as you put it. You're right though, the whole build up was talking about how Williams and Marshall are in the same team, it was as if it was Sonny Bill and Benji vs. Australia and it's not really fair on them. We can't afford to rely too heavily on two key players.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Spiltmilk said:
Top Tacklers

Tackles

Australia
A. Ryan - 27
C. Smith -25
P. Civoniceva - 23

New Zealand

R. Asotasi - 41
N. Cayless 26
D. Faiumu - 22

I never understand the tackle stats...I coulda sworn I saw SBW make 30, and those were only the ones I noticed

League Legend

Juniors
Solid game in the end after a fairly ordinary first half.
Too bad to NZ. Get a 5/8 and let Faiumu play at hooker for the entire game and you would go better.
No more mentioning the words Benji and Good player in the same sentence. OMG he didn't touch the ball until the KIWIs 4th set of six.

Oh and BTW, I am discussed in the way the organisers have called it the "Bundaberg Test" that's crap. It's the ANZAC Test and nothing less. Sometime big business and big money needs to take a back seat to tradition.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Im surprised you didnt go with Jeremy Smith in the first place, he's got a good passing and kicking game for Souths, and a good organiser too.

Nathan B

Juniors
Why wasn't Sonny given the 13 jersey and allowed to roam wherever he wanted? Instead, he's stuck on the right ALL night, where any unpredictability in his game is lost. Way too wide.

I don't think the Kiwi coach is up to the job of a long-term national coach.

Stewie Griffin

Juniors
Hopefully this shuts up the people who wanted Bowen in instead of Hunt and should of taken Tate off the squad. I never doubted that they would be able to pull off in a big game. The incumbent players are always the safest way to go. They always provide.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Alright, for no particular reason I've decided to do some player by player comments on the Kiwis

Inu- excellent, very safe. He's an interesting proposition as he must be at least 5kg heavier than any other fullback in the NRL. My one criticism at this stage is he doesn't always run hard enough
Webster- got involved coming out of dummy half well, but his defensive positioning is always a little borderline for mine
Soliola- pretty good, he seems to thrive on the big hits and hard straight running that are perfect for international footy
Mannering- not overly involved on attack, but a good game. I like the idea of him playing wide, but switching between centre and the "Sonny Bill" role, 3rd man in from the wing
Vatuvei- Quiet, on the plus side I don't think he dropped a ball? Defensively he had some good moments and some questionable ones
Marshall- hasn't developed his organisational qualities as might have been hoped. However he wasn't THAT bad- he still made some inroads ball in hand
Roberts- awful, stop kicking it on the third tackle! He's the best ever at penalty kicks for touch though
Asotasi- good, gets over the advantage line without much fuss, solid game
Halatau- quite quiet, ok I guess
Cayless- neither here nor there really, decent involvement but not a huge impact
Puletua- friggin useless. I've always been a fan, but I think his time might be up after that "effort"
Williams- Too much dropped ball, but great involvement. Always represents the Kiwis with great gusto. Deserves most of the praise that comes his way, despite the knockers
Fa'alogo- Costly dropped ball, great pass to Asotasi, reasonable game

Rapira- solid, not overawed
Eastwood- Good, strong, I was impressed
Pritchard- ok, not the impact I was looking for
Faiumu- useless I reckon, he is much better as a backrower- moreso than Halatau

Stewie Griffin said:
Hopefully this shuts up the people who wanted Bowen in instead of Hunt and should of taken Tate off the squad. I never doubted that they would be able to pull off in a big game. The incumbent players are always the safest way to go. They always provide.
How would we know how players would go...they don't get the chance.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
You forgot McNuffy,

Frigin uselss, did not pick Fats, forgot what a hooker is, to much time practicng the haka.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Mr Angry said:
You forgot McNuffy,

Frigin uselss, did not pick Fats, forgot what a hooker is, to much time practicng the haka.

tbh the centres played well though

We don't have any hookers:(

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
dazza62 said:
Man of the Match for the best side in the world still not good enough, you are a joke.

Shaazzzaaa is calling his name right now little man.

Micistm

Bench
Well, disappointed with the game tonight. I was proud of our Kiwis, man, how young they actually are didn't sink in until just before kick off. It looked like a school team vs the Aussies!
But I am proud of the way the young guys didn't give up. They'll be better for the game, not a bad start considering the Anzac test is generally a write off for the Kiwis anyway- I think Bluey took the right approach in blooding new players in it. With a few more guys back the mix will be pretty good.
Benji & SBW are still young guys, IMO it's a bit unfair to throw them in as the 'seniors' with all the so-called experience! And to think many were calling for SBW to be Captain!!!! Neither have hardly played for the Kiwis...let them settle in first!
Main disappointments: Our chances weren't finished off, the score blew out a little which doesn't truely reflect the effort put in by our young fellows, the officiating IMO was appalling...and we never had the quality commentry!! Why can't we have Sterling & co...why oh why do we have to have Costigan?! He's crap!!!!!

Mr Saab

Referee
dazza62 said:

Poor dazza.
Your bum chum bowen wont be playing test football for a while.
Origin? less of a chance!

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Yeah still not sure why McNuffy wanted a pom to ref, all the players were NRL.

That said, the ref makes no difference no matter who is playing.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Mr Angry said:
Man of the Match for the best side in the world still not good enough, you are a joke.

Shaazzzaaa is calling his name right now little man.

Dazza is weird!:lol:

Latest posts