What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TEST MATCH AU v NZ *Live scores & discussion*

PARRA_FAN

Coach
It wasnt a great test match, I was disappointed in the Kiwis effort, especially when they had Marshall and SBW, they didnt have a good game tonight. I think it was the backrow. If they had say Kidwell and Lauititi playing it wouldve been interesting.

Australia tho, too good. When you've got a halves comb of Lockyer/Thurston its always gonna be tough to beat. He's such a great player for Australia, Lockyer. Always scores the last try or is involved in the last try, shows how passionate he is towards the Australian jersey.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
about time we saw a ref call a forward pass,

normally they just call them flat and let them get away with it

langpark

First Grade
Pretty good game, NZ were a little disappointing, tho i guess they're kinda in a rebuilding phase now after some key retirements. The good news for them is that they weren't at full strength, guys like Kidwell, Hape, Vainakolo, Tony, Leuleui, Rauhihi are all there if needed. I thought Mannering was NZ's best tonite.

innsaneink

Referee
Shoulda been 30-0...nil...zero...nadir...what NZs worth, sfa...sympathetic pommy gifts em a dogs eye....it aint off week at Bondi Salvos, Ganson!!!

Nook

Bench
That was easy for the Aussies, should have been more.

Benji showed glimpses tonight but the bottom line is without a halfback who can ground him by getting the structure right and giving him plenty of chances on the fringes he's not up to much. Put him outside Stacey Jones and your laughing. Roberts had a good dig tonight but he's not up to steering a first grade team around yet let alone the Kiwis.

They looked like boys out there tonight, the Kiwis (with good reason - hard to expect much more at this stage). Losing Ruben co really hurts - the tour at the end of the year will be a good chance to get some games under their belts and (forgive the cliche) 'gel'.

Martli

Coach
Yeah, but no doubt we'll be without Marshall and Williams on the end of year tour. I just don't think they're going to see enough football with the kiwis to ever perform at their best there.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I thought individually the talent was there, and in the end we were let down by a lack of organisation from halves and hookers.

It's so frustrating seeing all these good ball runners, but none of them are capable of putting the other into good positions with crisp passing or good decision making.

That's why I reckon we improve over the course of tri-nations tournaments- we generally are able to implement a forward-oriented game plan and figure out ways to work around our average halves. Tonight I saw that we had the potential to match it with the Aussies, (I reckon it was a better effort than the 2003, 2004, 2005 or 2006 Anzac tests, actually) but we really need passes to stick and glaring individual errors to be minimised. I think there's a misnomer that the Kiwis have a lot of flair players. Really, it's the Aussies who have the razzle dazzle, while we need to grind.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Nook said:
That was easy for the Aussies, should have been more.

Benji showed glimpses tonight but the bottom line is without a halfback who can ground him by getting the structure right and giving him plenty of chances on the fringes he's not up to much. Put him outside Stacey Jones and your laughing. Roberts had a good dig tonight but he's not up to steering a first grade team around yet let alone the Kiwis.

They looked like boys out there tonight, the Kiwis (with good reason - hard to expect much more at this stage). Losing Ruben co really hurts - the tour at the end of the year will be a good chance to get some games under their belts and (forgive the cliche) 'gel'.

Roberts did not have a good anything. Benji is a much better player than Roberts at everything, even on current form.

If we looked like boys last night then I reckon we looked like babies in the last few Anzac tests, Ruben and all.

Tom Shines

First Grade
Marshall, Tate, and merkin were impressive.
Good game, but what was with the refereeing? Second worst game this year (after Clark in Tigers v Eels)

Nook

Bench
but no doubt we'll be without Marshall and Williams on the end of year tour

And if you are, tough.

Too much pressure on both of 'em tonight - if they do miss the end of year tour (god forbid) then it'll be a good chance to build up some of the other guys instead of relying on pitching it to Sonny 3 in on the flank every 4th tackle. He shoulda been ripping into 'em up the guts tonight, instead he was forcing his hand on the edge for the whole 80 minutes.

Nook

Bench
Roberts did not have a good anything. Benji is a much better player than Roberts at everything, even on current form.

He tried, but you're right.

They certainly don't seem to like the Anzac tests. Very average every year - no flair, score a soft try or two then the Aussies pile 'em on.

Mr Saab

Referee
Spiltmilk said:
Ikin truly loves Tate

Tell me about it.
I wanted to smash the TV everytime he spoke about him.
Sure, he was under pressure to play well, but FMD, STFU IKIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sugar

Bench
Top Tacklers

Tackles

Australia
A. Ryan - 27
C. Smith -25
P. Civoniceva - 23

New Zealand

R. Asotasi - 41
N. Cayless 26
D. Faiumu - 22

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Balmain_Boy said:
It was Simon Mannering that got taken out idiot.

It was Karmichael Hunt who got disallowed, thats who I was referring to. Idiot.

Mr Saab

Referee
Hunt named MOM..

Hey Dazza62...you didnt push those needles in hard enough into your K Hunt Voodoo doll!

Latest posts