What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thaiday

How many weeks for Sam Thaiday

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Didgi

2 weeks for Thaiday.
8 weeks for the Bobcat for putting Andrew Ryan in a dangerous position.

beave

Coach
Deserves 2 weeks, but watch every qld'er running in as fast as Thaiday does to join a stink from the side attemping to defend his tackle.

Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Wait up mate, you better not be lumping us NQ'ers into that group!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as far as I'm concerned the merkin can get suspended for life......

cleary89

Coach
Didn't watch the game. Read the thread before seeing the tackle. Not as bad as what everyone is making out. Looks like he still landed on his side. Nothing like the Taylor tackle.

2 weeks max imo.

Eagle_Rocker

Juniors
It'll be a tough decision for the NRL. On one hand they wouldn't want to ruin poor old Lockyer's fairy tale. However, it'll also depend on what the douche nozzles at the Daily Telegraph think about it. We all know how the NRL buckle under any media pressure.

I would like to see some past incidents; all I want from it is some consistency, something the NRL generally lack. Whether that means he gets off with nothing, or he gets 4 weeks. I don’t care, just as long as the punishment is consistent with past incidents.

some11

Referee
I am a Broncos season member and was appalled by that tackle. He should be de-registered, hung, drawn and quartered!

jonno_knights

Juniors
If Buderus got 6 weeks in 2006, Thaiday should get something that will see him rubbed out for at least 3 weeks.

Both tackles that went wrong, no hands in between the legs. Only difference Thaiday made it on a slow Kite, while Buderus made it on a flying Robertson.

buderusthrow_narrowweb__300x411,2.jpg

MKspeartackle_gallery__470x394.jpg

blaza88z

Coach
I don't see why they crack down on the driving tackle with the hands around the legs, the rule is there to stop blokes getting dumped on there head with 2 men in the tackle and a hand between the legs

what makes it look so bad is when the guy getting tackled turns around and looks for the ground and in turn gets dumped on his neck