What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thaiday

How many weeks for Sam Thaiday

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Big Pete

Referee
Note the hands between the legs from Uate.

Thaiday will likely cop a week but really there was less intention in that hit than Uate's.

juanfarkall

Coach
Haven't seen it but wonder why there has been no mention of the first two guys in the tackle, only name mentioned has been the cricketer.

ceagle

Bench
Note the hands between the legs from Uate.

Thaiday will likely cop a week but really there was less intention in that hit than Uate's.
Thaiday's was alot more dangerous. Uate rolled him onto his back ffs. Should be comparing the case to Taylor's.

Didgi

Thaiday's was alot more dangerous. Uate rolled him onto his back ffs. Should be comparing the case to Taylor's.

I hope you're drinking plenty of water to replace the fluid loss from your constant crying.

Mad Dogg

Juniors
I reckon he'll get 1 or 2 weeks

And we'll have 3 or 4 months of Qlders whinging about it...
Once again - show any Queenslanders saying he doesn't deserve one or two weeks.

Two weeks is fair IMO. One week and he can consider himself a little lucky. Anything more than that and it's starting to get harsh.

jonno_knights

Juniors
By rolled you mean drove.

Thaiday lost control of his tackle, he'll miss a week.

I know Im going back a bit, but as far as Im aware 'losing control' didnt mean shit in Buderus' case.

Its kinda sad as both Thaiday and Buderus' tackles started out textbook shots under the ribs, but in the reality of serious neck injuries, severe punishments have been given out to similar tackles in the past.

jonno_knights

Juniors
Then you have the 'origin scenerio' with Luke O'donnell. There was obviously intent, and it was a sickening tackle (from a NSW fan). And he only got 3 weeks iirc. So a 1-2 week ban for Thaiday would seem fair in that case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZFCsBvkIcc&feature=related

There is way too much politics in the judiciary system tbh. There is next to no consistency, and really there are no ways to fix this. You could get an independent panel to come in, who'd have no agendas like the NRL does with the big name players playing the big games, but then they'd know little about the game.

Scarves

Juniors
Hope it's no more than one week, this suspending great players for finals games after regular season careless heat of battle events doesn't help anyone. I like Sam, I like that he's third man in but who knows what sor tof punishment the league will ponder on. I thought the suspension given to Dave Taylor was way over the top and this arguably looks quite similar.

Snappy

Coach
So much Manly/NSW butt hurt in this thread. First contact with the ground was arm and shoulder. 1 week.