What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thaiday

How many weeks for Sam Thaiday

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

redvscotty

First Grade
Didn't think it was that bad. Yeah it was dangerous, but why not give Manly a penalty, put Thaiday on report (so Manly get a free interchange) and be done with it.

No malice or intent in it, he just went in for a big tackle.

I hate Thaiday but to see him get weeks for that would be a farce.

Eagle_Rocker

Juniors
I'm actually surprised Kite wasn't sent off for headbutting the ground. We all know what a menace this Manly mob are.

But in all seriousness somebody should think of the children. I'm sure there are plenty of parents that will no longer let their children play because of this ugly tackle... This isn't a good look for the NRL brand and could affect sponsorship... I bet Gallop's inbox is filled with complaints!

Last edited:

user_nat

Coach
Certainly deserves something. You wouldn't know it around here, but he actually has a good record which may help his case.

Noa

First Grade
Having seen the incident what struck me was thaiday seemed momentarily caught in some kind of cosmic loop when it dawned on him it is impossible to be 3rd man in when youmake the tackle.

some11

Referee
Having seen the incident what struck me was thaiday seemed momentarily caught in some kind of cosmic loop when it dawned on him it is impossible to be 3rd man in when youmake the tackle.

:lol:

AuDragon

Juniors
No intent, no driving motion, even released Kite before the impact, just a good tackle gone wrong.

You never know with this MRC / Judiciary (Uate nothing, Taylor 5 weeks), but 1 week after an early guilty plea should be the outcome.

After seeing the Manly scum getting off lightly after last week, anything more would be a disgrace, regardless of him being third man in or not.

The above goes for every normal thinking person, which automatically excludes all the Manly bleating dribblers in this forum and everywhere else about losing the penalty count, which should've been more like 15-4 instead of 9-4.

Gotta wonder why no one likes them... :sarcasm:

SingleSpeed73

Juniors
No intent, no driving motion, even released Kite before the impact, just a good tackle gone wrong.

You never know with this MRC / Judiciary (Uate nothing, Taylor 5 weeks), but 1 week after an early guilty plea should be the outcome.

After seeing the Manly scum getting off lightly after last week, anything more would be a disgrace, regardless of him being third man in or not.

The above goes for every normal thinking person, which automatically excludes all the Manly bleating dribblers in this forum and everywhere else about losing the penalty count, which should've been more like 15-4 instead of 9-4.

Gotta wonder why no one likes them... :sarcasm:

So Classy ....:roll:

I think he should get 1 week. If a player on my team tackled someone like that, I'd think anything beyond a week was harsh.

I hate Thaiday and would be happy to see him out for 12 weeks, but calling for long bans against blokes you don't like is going to slowly see the game turned soft, and people will turn around and complain when one of their own players cops a long suspension for a nothing incident.

StMick

Bench
TBH.......I think 2 would be fair

for the tackle.

There was no malice .......no hand between the legs......no intent

apart from the end result, it was a classic RL tackle.

Please! When did dropping a bloke on his head become a classic RL tackle? Doesn't matter how the tackle started out. The fact is he landed on his head.

If you use the guide of some of the grade 1's we've seen this year it has to be at least a grade 2, probably a grade 3, more likely should be a grade 3. If it does get a grade 2, God help me if I ever see a grade 5.

super_coach

First Grade
Like others, no intent, no hand between the legs, a very good tackle gone wrong. I would not even suspend him.

I think their are a few people who live north of the bridge with a chip on their shoulders. Although it is refreshing to see quite a few Manly supporters actually see it as a very minor offense.

Really with the way the cards fell at the judiciary last week you would think most Manly supporters would be happy as hell it could have been so much worse

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Deserves 2 weeks, but watch every qld'er running in as fast as Thaiday does to join a stink from the side attemping to defend his tackle.

I hope you're not holding your breath. That and your tired over-used gag would have you blue in the face right now.

hitman82

Bench
As soon as Kite slipped beyond the horizontal, Thaiday should have gone to some effort to stop the tackle. Instead he drove down then went in aggressively to strip the ball and when it became obvious Kite was injured, he showed zero concern. And what was with him saluting the crowd afterwards?

All that made the tackle look worse than it was - realistically a 1 week max suspension, but he made it look intentional imho so could be in danger of copping 2-3.

As a Warriors fan I'd be happy with 1 week.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
the tackle ended up badly but it wasnt bad from a technique view. his arms were around the waist, he was trying to drive backwards and put kite onto his back.

pretty sure uate had his hands between the legs of the player...but wait it was origin.....

i think he'll be cited but it will be a low grading