What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thank you Benji

Old Timer

Coach
Whatever, 1 finger solute to you hero!
I am to busy to waste any seconds of my life responding to you!
I bet you
Whatever, 1 finger solute to you hero!
I am to busy to waste any seconds of my life responding to you!
You, Slippery Morris and Vas all predicate Benji's greatness on everyone else's ineptitude.
Your whole justification of Benji is based on comparing him to someone else at the Dragons who is not performing well.
This is hardly any true form of endorsement of Benji's current ability or lack thereof.
If he was going as well as you think he is, he would have easily cracked it for an upgraded contract at a club much higher up the ladder than us.
You then somehow work out we never thought he was great which is also incorrect.
Accept the fact many think he was one of the greatest with the emphasis on was and we were all blessed to the see the best of him when he was a Tiger.

Maximus

Coach
When you have a fullback that possess no passing game, a hooker that has zero attacking ability, a 5/8 that is 1 dimensional and crabs all day, so then ppl expect Benji to create miracles, the pressure mounts, he makes error, game over, his fault!

Yeah it's everyone else's fault, and not the guy who receives a pass on the last, and just drops it cold with nobody within 10 metres of him (not just once, but twice). It's everyone else's fault that he threw a shit long pass in the wet. It's everyone else's fault that he crabbed across field and just took the tackle on the last when he had an overlap on the outside.

Nothing's ever his fault.

This Year?

Immortal
Benji will be remembered as our worst signing besides Widderp.

By having them both here, we only delayed any junior halves development by 2 or 3 years.

Disgraceful when you think about the halves we've had come and go since 2012.

V

Vasilevsky

Benji will be remembered as our worst signing besides Widderp.

By having them both here, we only delayed any junior halves development by 2 or 3 years.

Disgraceful when you think about the halves we've had come and go since 2012.

I'm so glad you said that. That gives you an B+ in my books. Are you really Objective View signing in under another name? You could only have fooled me! I still haven't seem Objective View denounce Widdop.

I'm completely in favor of a cleanout of all cleanouts just as long as the first plodder out the door is Widdop!

The Doc

Juniors
I'm so glad you said that. That gives you an B+ in my books. Are you really Objective View signing in under another name? You could only have fooled me! I still haven't seem Objective View denounce Widdop.

I'm completely in favor of a cleanout of all cleanouts just as long as the first plodder out the door is Widdop!
Dude... u really need to give it a break. I was also was all for the benji signing at first, but the guy has failed and failed miserably!!!
Widdop hasnt been performing all that well either but lets be honest, benji on current form, wouldnt get a start at ANY nrl club.
Im as dissappointed as any one with how benji turned out.
I was hoping for the benji of old, instead we got benji thats old....
Shit happens in league dude... some players shine... some fade... benji faded badly.
Time to get over benji and show love to the next #7 that wears the mighty red V.

Mr Red

First Grade
Dude... u really need to give it a break. I was also was all for the benji signing at first, but the guy has failed and failed miserably!!!
Widdop hasnt been performing all that well either but lets be honest, benji on current form, wouldnt get a start at ANY nrl club.
Im as dissappointed as any one with how benji turned out.
I was hoping for the benji of old, instead we got benji thats old....
Shit happens in league dude... some players shine... some fade... benji faded badly.
Time to get over benji and show love to the next #7 that wears the mighty red V.

Barge Ass would get a start at Newcastle and thats about it. Hodkinson has been woeful this season... looks to have inherited the "old man McCrone" syndrome where doing the basics such as running seem all to hard on his knees... yet somehow we were also apparently trying to sign Hodkinson for next season at one stage... go figure...

The Doc

Juniors
Barge Ass would get a start at Newcastle and thats about it. Hodkinson has been woeful this season... looks to have inherited the "old man McCrone" syndrome where doing the basics such as running seem all to hard on his knees... yet somehow we were also apparently trying to sign Hodkinson for next season at one stage... go figure...
Apparently is the key word. My source inside said we never had discussions that went passed enquiry stage.
And before we sabotage management we also asked about a number of halfbacks including
Hodgkinson
Pearce
Elgey
Reynolds (both adam and josh)
Thompson
Brooks
Its enquiring about whos available and weighing up the options.

The Doc

Juniors
And also remember "thompson was all but signed" with the dragons?
It never went past the enquiry stage and a question regarding his price.
And we only enquired because JD threw his name up from his time at the cowboys.
Again... im not going into bat for management, i think an overhaul is LONNNGGGGG overdue.
But player managers and the media mention us with every player available and us fans suck it all up and rage that we are apparently talking to this player because he is shit and when we dont sign this player our management is useless and cant sign anyone.
Believe me when i say this... our management is NOT capable of turning our club around...
I have seen them in action first hand. But, they are not doing as many f@#k ups as is getting reported (not able to sign players etc).
Yes bird was a stuff up... and yes we have missed a few we chased hard... but to be shitted on over enquiries is just silly.
We need new management that can secure TPAs that will enable us to match other clubs.
Any player will play anywhere if the money is right. And the money is what we cant match im afraid.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I still stand by Benji. Came 3rd in Daly M last year for no reason. 3rd highest in assists. This year heaps of injury and forced to play to save his career.

Widdop is the issue not Benji. But let's blame Benji. Easy target because of his age but all I can see is a guy trying his guts out and lack of support with poor service from Rein and nobody running a line. How many passes has he given only to be dropped with the line open or better still a chip for Widdop only for him to drop it on the 3rd tackle 5 mtrs out.

We look more dangerous with Benji's hands on the ball on the last tackle than anyone else. Widdop is to blame for our crap attack as he has played all season same with Rein. Games when Benji did not play they have looked even worse (unfortunately that is possible) in attack.

blacksafake

First Grade
I still stand by Benji. Came 3rd in Daly M last year for no reason. 3rd highest in assists. This year heaps of injury and forced to play to save his career.

Widdop is the issue not Benji. But let's blame Benji. Easy target because of his age but all I can see is a guy trying his guts out and lack of support with poor service from Rein and nobody running a line. How many passes has he given only to be dropped with the line open or better still a chip for Widdop only for him to drop it on the 3rd tackle 5 mtrs out.

We look more dangerous with Benji's hands on the ball on the last tackle than anyone else. Widdop is to blame for our crap attack as he has played all season same with Rein. Games when Benji did not play they have looked even worse (unfortunately that is possible) in attack.
Look out Slippery.
Someone will be coming after you for sticking up for Benji & Bagging Widdop. All fair points by the way.

thebigredv

First Grade
Benji looks like he will be stranded (and I would imagine will end up in England). He's a better player than me, but he only has himself to blame. He was offered a contract earlier in the season that was equivalent to his worth. Should have taken it. Say what you want about him, he just has not been effective at all this year and it is a great thing he s being moved on. Even he knows he should have been dropped.

thebigredv

First Grade

They are both the blame. They both put pressure on each other. They've never played well together. Every game looks like their first together. They will both be better players without each other.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
As others have stated, a wonderful running type 5/8 he was.
As he got older/slower, I actually thought that he would try to mould his game around Lockyer a little more. Learning how to pick and choose his moments.
But no, these last two seasons, he actually reminded me of one of those middle aged overweight dads trying to play touch footy at the annual family picnic......

Maximus

Coach

What a load of shit. Yeah Benji has been perfect. No issues with Benji.

How many times has Benji dropped it on the last tackle with nobody within 10 metres.

We've won 8 games. 4 in Benji's 13 games. 4 in the 7 games Benji hasn't played. But apparently it's all Widdop's fault. McCrone must be among the top 10 players in the game to overcome Widdop's incompetence based on this garbage.

Maximus

Coach
Look out Slippery.
Someone will be coming after you for sticking up for Benji & Bagging Widdop. All fair points by the way.

Maybe because it is a moronic opinion to have. The mere suggestion that there is no problem with Benji is the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

inside_pass

Bench
The day they announce Benji leaving can't come soon enough.
How he is still playing first grade shows how pathetic our depth is right now.
Bog average all season!!!

Latest posts