What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

THANK YOU

dimitri

First Grade
Thank you,

Thank You Ken arthurson,

* for rejecting the $1.5 million dollar offer to join scum league*

* for not leaving us with pathetic random jersey numbers

* for your passion and dignity in your time as ARL CEO

ken Arthurson, one of the best administrators the game has ever seen

and he wasnt swayed by greed

*...see todays sunday telegrapgh

Kaz

junior
And you had to read that in the paper to know this. :roll:

dimitri said:
ken Arthurson, one of the best administrators the game has ever seen

and he wasnt swayed by greed

He was swayed by the Packer's money

No comment on him being the best administrator.

Kiwi

First Grade
All i'm gonna say is, 7 or so years ago, build a bridge and get over it.

Kiwi

First Grade
BBGOTDELETED said:
Kiwi said:
All i'm gonna say is, 7 or so years ago, build a bridge and get over it.

But you still talk about the Broncos 1992/93 premierships correct?

It's one thing to talk about past players, premierships ect, it's another to remain bitter about something that has ended.

Balmain_Boy

BS.

It had a hugely significant outcome on our game - it'll never be the same again. So of course people will remain bitter. Did you team merge? Exactly. You have no right to tell the fans of Balmain/Western suburbs/ North Sydney/St George/Illawarra/Adelaide/GC/Perth/SQ not to be bitter about the events that transpired.

Kiwi

First Grade
BBGOTDELETED said:
BS.

It had a hugely significant outcome on our game - it'll never be the same again. So of course people will remain bitter. Did you team merge? Exactly. You have no right to tell the fans of Balmain/Western suburbs/ North Sydney/St George/Illawarra/Adelaide/GC/Perth/SQ not to be bitter about the events that transpired.

Yes it was a major event in our game, but what good is all these schmucks remaining bitter about it till the day they die? Always whinging taking a dig, how does the game move on with that sort of crap?

dimitri

First Grade
yeah tell the thousands of league supporters in WA and SA

that killing their sides was a great thing

:roll:

Kaz

junior
I blame Arko for the League Split.

He told the Broncos if you don't like it, start your own comp.

So they did. :lol:

Grantwhy

Juniors
BBGOTDELETED said:
BS.

Newtown Jets - gone

Wests Magpies - kicked out but got back in via the courts

The NSWRL/ARL didn't want a 20 team comp - there would of been less Sydney teams under them as well (remember, the ARL started with a 'no guarantee' for all teams on them being invited into the next seasons competition).

Southernsaint

Staff member
LOL, it's always funny hearing fans of Super League clubs telling people who have lost their clubs to "get over it"...

Sir Clifford GC

Juniors
Kaz said:
I blame Arko for the League Split.

He told the Broncos if you don't like it, start your own comp.

So they did. :lol:
how short are our memories

No ARKO no Broncos or cowboys, knights or warriors for that matter
he was the one who was big on expansion his only mistake was not giving the brisbane franchise to the QRL if he had of done that none of the bullshit would ever happen. Things dont change even today under the comp and admin they wanted they still whinge and complain and want everything their own way.

Arko never killed any clubs, yet the likes of brisbane and the bastard clubs who sold their sole for the almighty dollar have the blood on their hands of Norths, Chargers, Balmain, Wests, Illawarra and the Western Reds.

It is the past and its time to move on but some people on this forum espeically the ones that live on this side of the boarder have very selective memories about those SL years.

We only have comprise because murdoch had more cash, the ARL comp of 97 was the one that captured the hearts and minds of most league supporters. ARL had the product but SL had the cash pure and simple.

Sir Clifford GC

Juniors
Grantwhy said:
BBGOTDELETED said:
BS.

Newtown Jets - gone
Wests Magpies - kicked out but got back in via the courts

The NSWRL/ARL didn't want a 20 team comp - there would of been less Sydney teams under them as well (remember, the ARL started with a 'no guarantee' for all teams on them being invited into the next seasons competition).
Newtown jets were broke if they had of competed in season 1984 the would have been a laughing stock all their players had left because the couldnt pay them Wok had gone to the Dogs because they had no players/
Wests were the same in the earlier 80s lucky to win a game because they didnt have the money to by good players.

Balmain_Boy

nqboy said:
I couldn't find a link, anyone prepared to type it out?

Don't have the paper anymore.

The gist was that Quayle revealed during a speech at a function for a Arko, that he refused a 1.5 million offer from super league. During the heights of the tension he was writhing in agony due to miagraines, and then had to back up and give a press release.

Arko is a great man.

nqboy

First Grade
BBGOTDELETED said:
nqboy said:
I couldn't find a link, anyone prepared to type it out?

Don't have the paper anymore.

The gist was that Quayle revealed during a speech at a function for a Arko, that he refused a 1.5 million offer from super league. During the heights of the tension he was writhing in agony due to miagraines, and then had to back up and give a press release.

Arko is a great man.
Who always looked after his mates.

Don't get me wrong, Arko and Canon did a great job dragging RL out of the mire, they just couldn't make the tough decisons to cut Sydney clubs for the good of the competition. They hamstrung the Broncos at every turn to stop the gap getting too wide instead of requiring other teams to reach for the stars in order to match them.

Raider_69

Post Whore
how long are you people going to harp on about SL
FFS, build a bridge and get over it. How are we ever going to be able to put it behind us and move on if people keep gibbering on about it

ohh but i guess my opinion dosnt count because im "superleague" scum :roll:

Kurt Angle

First Grade
I think once we kick the Broncos out of the NRL, then the bridge will be complete.

SO what do you say, kick the Bronco's out for the good of the game ?

Latest posts