What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

THANK YOU

Sir Clifford GC

Juniors
Kurt Angle said:
I think once we kick the Broncos out of the NRL, then the bridge will be complete.

SO what do you say, kick the Bronco's out for the good of the game ?
no mate once they no longer have the monopoly on the SE QLD region will do me fine.

Thats all they wanted out of SL No chargers and No Crushers and any one who wants to dispute that can tell me why did the broncos sign an exclusivity clause for the entire SE Q region when the comprise occured in 1998.

Those bastards are in for a huge shock when the Dolphins come in,
the broncos are on the nose in SE QLD they lost heaps of support because of SL war just look at their crowds prior to super league and now tells the story well.

Sir Clifford GC

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
how long are you people going to harp on about SL
FFS, build a bridge and get over it. How are we ever going to be able to put it behind us and move on if people keep gibbering on about it

ohh but i guess my opinion dosnt count because im "superleague" scum :roll:
mate ure club only went because that fat fool of CEO you had was so far up ribots date it wasnt funny. Dont be fooled SL hurt canberra look at the death of players u lost to help other SL clubs, Death, Walters etc.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Cliffy GC said:
Raider_69 said:
FFS, build a bridge and get over it. How are we ever going to be able to put it behind us and move on if people keep gibbering on about it

mate ure club only went because that fat fool of CEO you had was so far up ribots date it wasnt funny. Dont be fooled SL hurt canberra look at the death of players u lost to help other SL clubs, Death, Walters etc.

i know super league damaged my club, i know super league damaged alot of club and the game itself, but that era is OVER and has been for the best part of a decade, i think its about time people moved on and got over it.

Balmain_Boy

Raider_69 said:
Cliffy GC said:
Raider_69 said:

i know super league damaged my club, i know super league damaged alot of club and the game itself, but that era is OVER and has been for the best part of a decade, i think its about time people moved on and got over it.

You aren't superleague scum. Your opinion doesn't count because you didn't lose nearly as much as some of us supporters did. THAT'S why.

nqboy

First Grade
And if Arko and Canon had any balls, you would have your club sooner and SL wouldn't have had such fertile ground to sow.

Sir Clifford GC

Juniors
Kaz said:
The Broncos were the last to sign with SL. :lol:
if you believe that u must still believe in santa,
they might have been the last to sign on the dotted line but they were the artitechs of it that fat fool morgan and reebs.

Kaz

junior
God I am fishing well today.

Got a beauty.

Hook, Line & Sinker.

Here Fishy. :lol:

Kaz

junior
Cut the cr@p about people dying, or this thread will be deleted.

I have deleted those posts.

greeneyed

First Grade
Cliffy GC said:
Kaz said:
I blame Arko for the League Split.

He told the Broncos if you don't like it, start your own comp.

So they did. :lol:
how short are our memories

No ARKO no Broncos or cowboys, knights or warriors for that matter
he was the one who was big on expansion his only mistake was not giving the brisbane franchise to the QRL if he had of done that none of the bullsh*t would ever happen. Things dont change even today under the comp and admin they wanted they still whinge and complain and want everything their own way.

Arko never killed any clubs, yet the likes of brisbane and the bastard clubs who sold their sole for the almighty dollar have the blood on their hands of Norths, Chargers, Balmain, Wests, Illawarra and the Western Reds.

It is the past and its time to move on but some people on this forum espeically the ones that live on this side of the boarder have very selective memories about those SL years.

We only have comprise because murdoch had more cash, the ARL comp of 97 was the one that captured the hearts and minds of most league supporters. ARL had the product but SL had the cash pure and simple.

It was the ARL that demanded the death of the Western Reds.... and the Adelaide Rams.....

Sir Clifford GC

Juniors
greeneyed said:
Cliffy GC said:
Kaz said:
I blame Arko for the League Split.

He told the Broncos if you don't like it, start your own comp.

So they did. :lol:
how short are our memories

No ARKO no Broncos or cowboys, knights or warriors for that matter
he was the one who was big on expansion his only mistake was not giving the brisbane franchise to the QRL if he had of done that none of the bullsh*t would ever happen. Things dont change even today under the comp and admin they wanted they still whinge and complain and want everything their own way.

Arko never killed any clubs, yet the likes of brisbane and the bastard clubs who sold their sole for the almighty dollar have the blood on their hands of Norths, Chargers, Balmain, Wests, Illawarra and the Western Reds.

It is the past and its time to move on but some people on this forum espeically the ones that live on this side of the boarder have very selective memories about those SL years.

We only have comprise because murdoch had more cash, the ARL comp of 97 was the one that captured the hearts and minds of most league supporters. ARL had the product but SL had the cash pure and simple.

It was the ARL that demanded the death of the Western Reds.... and the Adelaide Rams.....
no the reds struggled because of the spilt and went broke before the comprise
Adelaide was culled in a buy off
News wound down Adelaide if ARL did the same to Gold Coast thus giving brisbane their monopoly of SE Q

DIEHARD

----
Kaz said:
He was swayed by the Packer's money

No comment on him being the best administrator.

Arko is a bloody legend. I love him.

He wasn't swayed by Packer's money. He gave the ARL peanuts!

What he was swayed by was loyalty to Packer. But that went out the window when it turned out that Packer could get the Super League FTA rights and a cut of Foxtel. Packer is a low life, scum bag.

The Broncos were nothing but a bunch of whinging little cry baby bitches back then. You can NOT defend them and if you do you are just a News Ltd groupie.

They never cared about rugby league, Queensland or Brisbane, they only cared about the Broncos.

And it was their behaviour that soured my support for them, which is a damn shame.

LONG LIVE ARKO!

Sir Clifford GC

Juniors
DIEHARD said:
Kaz said:
He was swayed by the Packer's money

No comment on him being the best administrator.

Arko is a bloody legend. I love him.

He wasn't swayed by Packer's money. He gave the ARL peanuts!

What he was swayed by was loyalty to Packer. But that went out the window when it turned out that Packer could get the Super League FTA rights and a cut of Foxtel. Packer is a low life, scum bag.

The Broncos were nothing but a bunch of whinging little cry baby bitches back then. You can NOT defend them and if you do you are just a News Ltd groupie.

They never cared about rugby league, Queensland or Brisbane, they only cared about the Broncos.

And it was their behaviour that soured my support for them, which is a damn shame.

LONG LIVE ARKO!
post of the year
well said mate

DIEHARD

----
Grantwhy said:
Newtown Jets - gone

Wests Magpies - kicked out but got back in via the courts

The NSWRL/ARL didn't want a 20 team comp - there would of been less Sydney teams under them as well (remember, the ARL started with a 'no guarantee' for all teams on them being invited into the next seasons competition).

The exclusion of Wests and Newtown weren't on Arko's watch was it?

And the ARL said they would run with 20 teams for several seasons and then review it. But Arko saw no reason why 20 teams was not viable.

I would just like to add also, that not all Queenslanders are Super League sympathisers. Not even half are, the reason you don't hear from them is that they don't have a team.

Give us a 2nd Brisbane team and let us tear stripes off the Broncos in every department. 8)

rugged

Juniors
There was a big write up in the Sunday Mail today about John Ribot. Or as Ken Arthurson persisted in saying in his book as some sort of a putdown "John Ribot de Bresac".

Well I don't like Ken Arthurson because of his dislike for the Broncos. When I read his biography I kept throwing the damn book around the room.

There would have been no need for SuperLeague if the cronies from the NSWRL were more open to reform and change, and not just expansion.

And to whomever said those north of the border don't understand about clubs going under, well all of the Brisbane clubs are not what they were of course or they have merged or have gone entirely. And we got over it!

I wouldn't change the super league thing though because the best thing to come out of it was the professionalization of rugby.

greeneyed

First Grade
Arthurson was a front man for Packer. Pure and simple. His approach actually brought on the "war". There was no one in the "ARL/Superleague war" that wasn't bought out by money.

Sir Clifford GC

Juniors
rugged said:
There was a big write up in the Sunday Mail today about John Ribot. Or as Ken Arthurson persisted in saying in his book as some sort of a putdown "John Ribot de Bresac".

Well I don't like Ken Arthurson because of his dislike for the Broncos. When I read his biography I kept throwing the damn book around the room.

There would have been no need for SuperLeague if the cronies from the NSWRL were more open to reform and change, and not just expansion.

And to whomever said those north of the border don't understand about clubs going under, well all of the Brisbane clubs are not what they were of course or they have merged or have gone entirely. And we got over it!

I wouldn't change the super league thing though because the best thing to come out of it was the professionalization of rugby.
you just dont get it do u mate

There would be no broncos without arkos vision, then brisbane who had only been around 2 mins wanted to get greedy and have everything their own way.

FFS wake up and smell the roses cyclops