What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

THANK YOU

RABK

Referee
I would have been happy if brisbane was pi$$ed off for good. They think of themselves and not the good of the game. Roosters get critizised for been arrogant and selfish but the broncos are far worse.

DIEHARD

----
:roll: I think Arko did a fantastic job not describing Ribot and his cronies in the colourful description they so richly deserve. I recommend Arko's biography to everyone.

I find the behaviour of the traitor clubs against fans of loyal clubs and victims of mergers nothing short of disgusting. So much good will and tradition was destroyed. They shouldn't get over it, no one should. We should always remember.

It is all cookies and cream for the traitor clubs isn't it? Super League clubs were a protected species during the compromise. The ARL bailed out the Raiders, that didn't stop them backstabbing them. They are lucky the ARL didn't take your trophies back cause you cheated. Cronulla had to sell out to survive because they couldn't compete on a level playing field. And we all know where Penrith came in on the NRL Criteria in 1999. 15th I believe. And the traitors the Bulldogs and Bullfrog backstabbing Arko. In the competition since 1935 and so eager to betray the league.

Probably the most disgraceful betrayal of all was Canterbury, because the rest besides the Broncos were scrap and shame clubs. Who couldn't even pay the bills.

I may hate Parra, St George, Roosters and Manly (Hate is good for tribalism ;-) ) But at the very least, no matter what they do they were loyal. I respect loyalty and don't tolerate lack of it. And I find it sickening that people would shit on fans of loyal clubs.

You got to love Souths, no matter how crap they are. They never wavered and never gave up. And they bent News Ltd over and screwed them, making their precious 14 team comp, 15 teams. :lol:

The Broncos just wanted everything for themself and they stepped over everyone and everything to get it. If anything went against them they had a big cry and claimed Sydney bias and flamed the US v THEM routine. Truth is the Broncos have very very few things to legitimately cry about.

They are damn lucky the ARL/NSWRL let them in the first place. The disloyalty of the Broncos and all the other clubs, especially those that were there for a few months, just coming into the competition on the good graces of the ARL and they didn't waste any time to stab the ARL in the back. It makes me sick.

That is you Cowboys, Reds (R.I.P) and Warriors.

Rugby League in QLD is all the poorer for so many reasons because of the Broncos.

Give us a team with a soul! Imagine, just imagine this team being your only option to support locally and the sole representative of our great game in SEQLD. We will give RL the biggest and most bloodthirsty rivalry.

The Broncos, the team half of Brisbane hates. Rugby League the sport Brisbane loves...

DIEHARD

----
You can't even debate this issue. Because traditional fans could post a picture of Gumby and still win the arguement because they have loyalty.

Arko a Packer frontman? :lol: He was a man of tremendous loyalty. He had a contract and he honoured it. Too bad there aren't many more league men like him.

Everyone is too busy backstabbing and fighting these days.

greeneyed

First Grade
DIEHARD said:
:roll: I think Arko did a fantastic job not describing Ribot and his cronies in the colourful description they so richly deserve. I recommend Arko's biography to everyone.

I find the behaviour of the traitor clubs against fans of loyal clubs and victims of mergers nothing short of disgusting. So much good will and tradition was destroyed. They shouldn't get over it, no one should. We should always remember.

It is all cookies and cream for the traitor clubs isn't it? Super League clubs were a protected species during the compromise. The ARL bailed out the Raiders, that didn't stop them backstabbing them. They are lucky the ARL didn't take your trophies back cause you cheated. Cronulla had to sell out to survive because they couldn't compete on a level playing field. And we all know where Penrith came in on the NRL Criteria in 1999. 15th I believe. And the traitors the Bulldogs and Bullfrog backstabbing Arko. In the competition since 1935 and so eager to betray the league.

Probably the most disgraceful betrayal of all was Canterbury, because the rest besides the Broncos were scrap and shame clubs. Who couldn't even pay the bills.

I may hate Parra, St George, Roosters and Manly (Hate is good for tribalism ;-) ) But at the very least, no matter what they do they were loyal. I respect loyalty and don't tolerate lack of it. And I find it sickening that people would sh*t on fans of loyal clubs.

You got to love Souths, no matter how crap they are. They never wavered and never gave up. And they bent News Ltd over and screwed them, making their precious 14 team comp, 15 teams. :lol:

The Broncos just wanted everything for themself and they stepped over everyone and everything to get it. If anything went against them they had a big cry and claimed Sydney bias and flamed the US v THEM routine. Truth is the Broncos have very very few things to legitimately cry about.

They are damn lucky the ARL/NSWRL let them in the first place. The disloyalty of the Broncos and all the other clubs, especially those that were there for a few months, just coming into the competition on the good graces of the ARL and they didn't waste any time to stab the ARL in the back. It makes me sick.

Rugby League in QLD is all the poorer for so many reasons because of the Broncos.

Give us a team with a soul! Imagine, just imagine this team being your only option to support locally and the sole representative of our great game in SEQLD. We will give RL the biggest and most bloodthirsty rivalry.

The Broncos, the team half of Brisbane hates. Rugby League the sport Brisbane loves...

Call us traitor clubs huh? How about when Easts offered to buy Raiders players at prices that would have taken up 90 per cent of their salary cap? What did the ARL do? They said... too bad... we don't care....

Don't give me any rubbish about the ARL "bailing out" the Raiders. They were supported by the local Raiders community.

And take our trophies off us? Why? The truth about "salary cap breaches" have been well and truly put to bed by those prepared to read about the facts.

You have just lost all credibility.

Sir Clifford GC

Juniors
greeneyed said:
DIEHARD said:

I may hate Parra, St George, Roosters and Manly (Hate is good for tribalism ;-) ) But at the very least, no matter what they do they were loyal. I respect loyalty and don't tolerate lack of it. And I find it sickening that people would sh*t on fans of loyal clubs.

Call us traitor clubs huh? How about when Easts offered to buy Raiders players at prices that would have taken up 90 per cent of their salary cap? What did the ARL do? They said... too bad... we don't care....

Don't give me any rubbish about the ARL "bailing out" the Raiders. They were supported by the local Raiders community.

And take our trophies off us? Why? The truth about "salary cap breaches" have been well and truly put to bed by those prepared to read about the facts.

mate you should have started that post with the sentence
Once upon a time in a land far far away.

deadset ure tellin us fairytales

RABK

Referee
All i know is that Paul Harragon marched our team onto our bus, drove them 2 hours to ARL headquarters, and proceeded to pledge Newcastle's loyalty to the ARL. :clap:

DIEHARD

----
Having some major problems understanding the idea of a salary cap? :lol:

Doesn't suprise me.

gumby.jpg

greeneyed

First Grade
Cliffy GC said:
greeneyed said:
DIEHARD said:

mate you should have started that post with the sentence
Once upon a time in a land far far away.

deadset ure tellin us fairytales

And with all your knowledge, which bits would you care to debate?

Kiwi

First Grade
Cliffy GC said:
Kaz said:
I blame Arko for the League Split.

He told the Broncos if you don't like it, start your own comp.

So they did. :lol:
how short are our memories

No ARKO no Broncos or cowboys, knights or warriors for that matter
he was the one who was big on expansion his only mistake was not giving the brisbane franchise to the QRL if he had of done that none of the bullsh*t would ever happen. Things dont change even today under the comp and admin they wanted they still whinge and complain and want everything their own way.

Arko never killed any clubs, yet the likes of brisbane and the bastard clubs who sold their sole for the almighty dollar have the blood on their hands of Norths, Chargers, Balmain, Wests, Illawarra and the Western Reds.

It is the past and its time to move on but some people on this forum espeically the ones that live on this side of the boarder have very selective memories about those SL years.

We only have comprise because murdoch had more cash, the ARL comp of 97 was the one that captured the hearts and minds of most league supporters. ARL had the product but SL had the cash pure and simple.

wank wank wank

Sir Clifford GC

Juniors
Kiwi said:
Cliffy GC said:
Kaz said:

he was the one who was big on expansion his only mistake was not giving the brisbane franchise to the QRL if he had of done that none of the bullsh*t would ever happen. Things dont change even today under the comp and admin they wanted they still whinge and complain and want everything their own way.

Arko never killed any clubs, yet the likes of brisbane and the bastard clubs who sold their sole for the almighty dollar have the blood on their hands of Norths, Chargers, Balmain, Wests, Illawarra and the Western Reds.

It is the past and its time to move on but some people on this forum espeically the ones that live on this side of the boarder have very selective memories about those SL years.

We only have comprise because murdoch had more cash, the ARL comp of 97 was the one that captured the hearts and minds of most league supporters. ARL had the product but SL had the cash pure and simple.

wank wank wank
sounds like just a normal sunday for you kiwi.

Kiwi

First Grade
Cliffy GC said:
Kiwi said:
Cliffy GC said:
Kaz said:

wank wank wank

You have me confused with yourself, not everyone has your sex life.

Sir Clifford GC

Juniors
Kiwi said:
Cliffy GC said:
Kiwi said:
Cliffy GC said:
Kaz said:

wank wank wank

ure the one who brought it up Peewee

Kiwi

First Grade
Cliffy GC said:
Kiwi said:
Cliffy GC said:
Kiwi said:
Cliffy GC said:
Kaz said:

wank wank wank

ure the one who brought it up Peewee

I was speaking in a language I knew you'd understand.

SL was over 7 years ago, some are just gonna be bitter pricks till the day they die about the whole thing. League will learn from the war and move on, things will not head that way again.

eelsta

Bench
ken arthurson= legend :clap: :clap: someone who didnt take the money from murdoch :evil: well done arko :clap: :clap:

Sir Clifford GC

Juniors
Balmain_Boy said:
:clap: :clap: :clap:

To diehard and cliffy. The rest of you haven't even put forward an argument?
thanks mate
blokes like peewee cant have a debate their not intellgent enough so they throw in some sexual inuendo and act smug and hope it gets them by

Balmain_Boy

It's especially funny being told to build a bridge by Raider 69 who still isn't over Brett Finch leaving the Raiders. I probably wouldn't be over that either, but i'm not going around telling people to build a bridge.