What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks fellas

SBD82

Coach
This thread is funny. Cameron McDud does something good in a game and all the circle jerkers get so excited and think it proves we should have kept him instead of Cook.

Cook > Cameron McDud

It's true! It's damn true!

You should have kept Mcinnes instead of Farah.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I still believe cook is better than McInnes though. Like we couldn't of kept both cook and McInnes. But it's a good thing for both parties we released him anyway. He's playing much better footy at the dragons and may even earn himself a blue's spot. I don't think he would of progressed like that at Souths. Maybe it was the coach or the playstyle but the dragons just really suits McInnes. He looks at home.

SBD82

Coach
I still believe cook is better than McInnes though. Like we couldn't of kept both cook and McInnes. But it's a good thing for both parties we released him anyway. He's playing much better footy at the dragons and may even earn himself a blue's spot. I don't think he would of progressed like that at Souths. Maybe it was the coach or the playstyle but the dragons just really suits McInnes. He looks at home.
@Rabbits20

See this? This is how you have an argument. STID managed to put forward a thoughtful point of view without any exclamation marks

@Souths Till I Die
I always feel bitterly disappointed when a player leaves my team and vastly improves their game with another club. It always makes me wonder whether my club could have done more. There is always the possibility that the player needed to move on on order to get his hunger back, but it still shits me.

I don't think that McInnes has developed new skills at the dragons so far. I think he is fitter, and I think this is helping his focus for 80. But fitness is something that souths could have worked on with him.

With regard to your play style, it's not effective. The league has moved on and souths haven't. There was an opportunity for your club to change your playing style and focus around the strengths of McInnes and Reynolds, but instead you chose to focus around Farah and Surgess. Farah is yesterday's hooker. In my opinion, Farah becoming available was the worst thing that could have happened to your club.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
@Rabbits20

See this? This is how you have an argument. STID managed to put forward a thoughtful point of view without any exclamation marks

@Souths Till I Die
I always feel bitterly disappointed when a player leaves my team and vastly improves their game with another club. It always makes me wonder whether my club could have done more. There is always the possibility that the player needed to move on on order to get his hunger back, but it still shits me.

I don't think that McInnes has developed new skills at the dragons so far. I think he is fitter, and I think this is helping his focus for 80. But fitness is something that souths could have worked on with him.

With regard to your play style, it's not effective. The league has moved on and souths haven't. There was an opportunity for your club to change your playing style and focus around the strengths of McInnes and Reynolds, but instead you chose to focus around Farah and Surgess. Farah is yesterday's hooker. In my opinion, Farah becoming available was the worst thing that could have happened to your club.

As I'm writing this response I have just seen luke keary put Mitch Aubusson through a fat hole in the Broncos defensive line. I honestly couldn't be more frustrated at the players that have left Souths and looked like dally m contenders.

The biggest problem is though that Maguire has only been successful with this approach so I'm almost certain he is too scared to try anything else because he's worried that he'll get sacked. I don't mind the approach Souths use with the bash and barge especially if the Burgess boys are on form. Even though it gets constant criticism, it works. In fact it would of worked against both the cowboys and the roosters if our edges weren't so weak right now.

The reason I like cook so much is because his acceleration is phenomenal. If you watch his speed around the ruck and his ability to put off the markers and defenders from rushing in I think it benefits us significantally when we are trying to get up the field. McInnes doesn't have that but he has amazing vision that has just gotten better. The main reason McInnes didn't get wraps like Cook did was purely because of the change of attitude in our forwards towards the end of the 2016 season.

I also think that our playstyle is slowly evolving since 2015. We don't rely on Reynolds last tackle kicks anymore because we have threats in walker, gray and aj on our edges. I think it's too early to say whether we made a bad decision or not though. We are 6 rounds in.

SBD82

Coach
As I'm writing this response I have just seen luke keary put Mitch Aubusson through a fat hole in the Broncos defensive line. I honestly couldn't be more frustrated at the players that have left Souths and looked like dally m contenders.

The biggest problem is though that Maguire has only been successful with this approach so I'm almost certain he is too scared to try anything else because he's worried that he'll get sacked. I don't mind the approach Souths use with the bash and barge especially if the Burgess boys are on form. Even though it gets constant criticism, it works. In fact it would of worked against both the cowboys and the roosters if our edges weren't so weak right now.

The reason I like cook so much is because his acceleration is phenomenal. If you watch his speed around the ruck and his ability to put off the markers and defenders from rushing in I think it benefits us significantally when we are trying to get up the field. McInnes doesn't have that but he has amazing vision that has just gotten better. The main reason McInnes didn't get wraps like Cook did was purely because of the change of attitude in our forwards towards the end of the 2016 season.

I also think that our playstyle is slowly evolving since 2015. We don't rely on Reynolds last tackle kicks anymore because we have threats in walker, gray and aj on our edges. I think it's too early to say whether we made a bad decision or not though. We are 6 rounds in.
That's pretty fair. It is only six weeks in.

Madge certainly has his hands full remodeling your side. If he can build a game around cook's strengths it may turn out well, but his darts will be quickly shut down by any decent pack, both guys with dominant tackling and ruck technique and guys with good lateral movement. So you're going to need other options. I like what walker is doing for you, but your fullback situation really needs some attention.

And you'll have to forgive me for being so rapt with mcinnes. In my defense, I put up with having Mitch rein at my club for what seemed like an eternity.