What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks Flanno

Since 73

First Grade
I know it's been mentioned in other posts but f**k it - I'm starting a thread.

I haven't been as confident about a game all year.

We were gonna win this one tonite.

I heard this morning that Townsend was playing.

Ha..I thought - good one Flanno. Keep 'em guessing.

I knew he was foxing because there is no way a coach would throw a bloke like Chad - with a win percentage of less than zero - into a sudden death semi final against Manly.

Not even a nuffy like Flanno.

Well......when I saw tonight it was true - I was done.

Ropeable.

Because I knew the job had been made too hard.

Too difficult.

By our own coach.

With Robson & Chad you have bland. You have sideways movement. Out the back shit. You have the pressure back on Gallen, Toops and Burrito to run around in circles playing harlem globetrotters.

With Lewis you get impetus. Every set he has the ball in hand. You have forward movement.

To go so close with Townsend (who's game tonite would register a 2/10) shows Manly were there to take.

To make that call - on game day. Incredible.

Add to this the fact every non-shark supporter I know asks 'Why don't you guys play Peachey?...he kills 'em".

Thanks Flanno.

chewsta

First Grade
I know your gonna copp some flak for this post S73 but you make some prettt valid points mate.
I too was confident when Lewis was named in the halves. When i heard chad had replaced him, my first thought was our kicking game is gonna cost us. Chad hasnt hit thw grass with a long kick all year & tonight was no different. Add to that Graham's shockers and we lose all field position.
Somebody else in another thread bought up Peaches running game at the end against a busted manly defence. I would have loved to have seen that tonight too.

Gutted.

newman

First Grade
As soon as he announced Chad was playing deep down I knew we were gone. I didn't want to believe it, and I rode he game till the final whistle with hope in my heart, but I knew it.

Townsend's record as a shark 19 games for 7 wins, thats pathetic, look at the bright side if he plays all years in firsts at Warriors they will finish near bottom of table

Since 73

First Grade
I know your gonna copp some flak for this post S73 but you make some prettt valid points mate.
I too was confident when Lewis was named in the halves. When i heard chad had replaced him, my first thought was our kicking game is gonna cost us. Chad hasnt hit thw grass with a long kick all year & tonight was no different. Add to that Graham's shockers and we lose all field position.
Somebody else in another thread bought up Peaches running game at the end against a busted manly defence. I would have loved to have seen that tonight too.

Gutted.
Flanno is the one paid to make the calls and yep - he has our best intentions at heart.

But unfortunately this just shows he isn't the man for the job.

I'm happy to take any flak Chewie...and at the end of the day they're just opinions.

I posted Straight after last weeks game Lewis to 6. He brings an international ball runners game.

Chad brings no ball runners game.

I've also said many times on here Peachey should've been in the 17 for the past 12 weeks for one purpose....September footy.

We have too many blokes with the same game turning over during the 70 minutes.

Peachey would've offered something on tired manly legs tonite that Gallen and Co don't.

But Peachey ain't ready. He has a NSW cup preparation. That's why he needed to be developed over the past 3 months .
Which he wasn't
Which is why he left.

Chad also has a NSW cup preparation.

And he ain't the footballer Peachey is.

Yet he plays.

Amateur hour.

Last edited:
Flanno is the one paid to make the calls and yep - he has our best intentions at heart.

But unfortunately this just shows he isn't the man for the job.

I'm happy to take any flak Chewie...and at the end of the day they're just opinions.

I posted Straight after last weeks game Lewis to 6. He brings an international ball runners game.

Chad brings no ball runners game.

I've also said many times on here Peachey should've been in the 17 for the past 12 weeks for one purpose....September footy.

We have too many blokes with the same game turning over during the 70 minutes.

Peachey would've offered something on tired manly legs tonite that Gallen and Co don't.

But Peachey ain't ready. He has a NSW cup preparation. That's why he needed to be developed over the past 3 months .
Which he wasn't
Which is why he left.

Chad also has a NSW cup preparation.

And he ain't the footballer Peachey is.

Yet he plays.

Amateur hour.

I must agree watch the Gordon try its Lewis playing a f/e role.

On Peach would have it worked i am not sure but it would have offered more.

The same situation with Peach was with Lichaa but worse he didnt see 1 minute game time this year, he should have been given enough time to at least be option for Flanno, he has to offer more then De Gois

webShark

Townsend's record as a shark 19 games for 7 wins, thats pathetic, look at the bright side if he plays all years in firsts at Warriors they will finish near bottom of table

Figures are distorted. Played a lot of those games as replacement for Todd. Our record with TC is probably around 11 from 19. CT plays in place of Robbo alongside TC he has better figures. I thought both Robbo and CT offered little in attack No one picked him on the 321 thread but I thought Heino played ok.

CT wont set the Warriors alight but only Reefy thinks Robbo is the answer. Offers great value for money but never runs the show.

We don't have 4 successive wins against top 8 sides so losing early a blessing. My prediction is next year will be Groundhog Day. If finally over ASADA we will battle hard , make the 8 (5-8th), then struggle to make an impact. Unless of course Chad Mcgill or Ashyford are really JT and GI in disguise.

DJShaksta

First Grade
When I heard this morning that Chad was playing I was pissed.
I thought the team with Lewis at 5/8 and Peachey on the bench would've been a much better prospect.
We lacked unpredictability.
Don't get me started on our kicking...............

Fellas, ALLLL of us knew it.
I'm just glad I can drink beer during the game

I'm at Surry Hills today and it was really windy for a while this arvo. I've never been to Allianz before so when I heard Chad Townsend might play I thought it must have something to do with the wind and its effect on kicking . Couldn't think of any other reason . I thought Lewis was the best available choice(and a bloody good one) against the Manly halves and centres . Oh well-- Thought Manly were lucky to get the call on the wingers try (Tafua?)- lost control. .

Figures are distorted. Played a lot of those games as replacement for Todd. Our record with TC is probably around 11 from 19. CT plays in place of Robbo alongside TC he has better figures. I thought both Robbo and CT offered little in attack No one picked him on the 321 thread but I thought Heino played ok.

CT wont set the Warriors alight but only Reefy thinks Robbo is the answer. Offers great value for money but never runs the show.

We don't have 4 successive wins against top 8 sides so losing early a blessing. My prediction is next year will be Groundhog Day. If finally over ASADA we will battle hard , make the 8 (5-8th), then struggle to make an impact. Unless of course Chad Mcgill or Ashyford are really JT and GI in disguise.

On next year Flanno needs to bring players into the squad we had 3 new first graders

Feki - now a regular first grader
Peachey - showed a lot of promis in what 4 games
Soapaga - looked god in 1 game

Between them i think they played 21 games, to me that is not enough, we now seem to be a club that dosent give the young guys a go, we hold players back now.

In hindsight should Peach have been coming off the bench from say round 5, we had enough depth to rotate thats why you have depth

Yeah, I knew it, but like a venereal disease I just didn't want to admit it.

It won't come back next year, I know that.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Wow, just saw the press conference.

Flanno blaming the refs. Gallen too.

Sorry, we were not good enough.

This is of great concern.

Our game plan to kick deep, was easily combated. So agreed Chad was a bad choice.

Our rotation is poor.

We lack a true fullback, Gordon is a great player, but perhaps it is just me, but I like my fullback to pass and well, short and cut out, also be a kicking option in general play. That may be coaching, Gordon is safe, great runner, good defender, a lot to like, need more from a fullback.

Then there is hooker. No kicks, few runs, poor marker engagement.

Flanno does however appear to have the players faith, so perhaps a better more tactical assistant is required.

shaggs

Coach
Can't blame the refs this week and take the bonus last week.

Ordinary from flanno and gal.

The finishing of sets was what beat us. Manly strayed all their sets on their 30. Never had to ruck it out from the corner and do the hard work where the wingers get smashed for a couple of tackles.

Crikey!!!!

Juniors
Wow, just saw the press conference.

Flanno blaming the refs. Gallen too.

Sorry, we were not good enough.

This is of great concern.

Our game plan to kick deep, was easily combated. So agreed Chad was a bad choice.

Our rotation is poor.

We lack a true fullback, Gordon is a great player, but perhaps it is just me, but I like my fullback to pass and well, short and cut out, also be a kicking option in general play. That may be coaching, Gordon is safe, great runner, good defender, a lot to like, need more from a fullback.

Agree on kicking game was very poor...

However disagree on Gordon best shark for the last 5 weeks...Slater is a great all round fullback...Inglis doesn't do to much passing these days....

We didn't handle Rose when he come on he got Manly going forward again

Griffoshark66

First Grade
I know it's been mentioned in other posts but f**k it - I'm starting a thread.

I haven't been as confident about a game all year.

We were gonna win this one tonite.

I heard this morning that Townsend was playing.

Ha..I thought - good one Flanno. Keep 'em guessing.

I knew he was foxing because there is no way a coach would throw a bloke like Chad - with a win percentage of less than zero - into a sudden death semi final against Manly.

Not even a nuffy like Flanno.

Well......when I saw tonight it was true - I was done.

Ropeable.

Because I knew the job had been made too hard.

Too difficult.

By our own coach.

With Robson & Chad you have bland. You have sideways movement. Out the back shit. You have the pressure back on Gallen, Toops and Burrito to run around in circles playing harlem globetrotters.

With Lewis you get impetus. Every set he has the ball in hand. You have forward movement.

To go so close with Townsend (who's game tonite would register a 2/10) shows Manly were there to take.

To make that call - on game day. Incredible.

Add to this the fact every non-shark supporter I know asks 'Why don't you guys play Peachey?...he kills 'em".

Thanks Flanno.

No flack deserved mate. all true. Lewis plays more minutes and we win. Peachey running at that busted defence and we win. All can see it bar the coach.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Flash is the best choice we have and has been one of our best. Try assists, good fullbacks do this. Flash scores as good as any, tackle busts awesome, safe under the high ball, quick. But lacks or is instructed not to pass or kick.

Jono Wright won me over too. Seems he finally figured out he is big and fast.

Fifta player of the year for mine....break out year for him, will be play for Australia this year I reckon.

Card Shark

Immortal
Can't blame the refs this week and take the bonus last week.

Ordinary from flanno and gal.

The finishing of sets was what beat us. Manly strayed all their sets on their 30. Never had to ruck it out from the corner and do the hard work where the wingers get smashed for a couple of tackles.

Our finishing always beats us.

We didnt find the grass enough on the long kicks, so Manly were marching upfield to easily.

Latest posts