What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks Flanno

Marchad

Juniors
Our defensive line doesn't move up quick enough manly last night was always in our faces and we found it hard to move up the field.

spider

Coach
It was a pretty slim 10 also for both sides

it presented even better opportunity for us to physically take advantage of them

shades of when the storm were ripe for the picking due to being in a similar situation as manly were last night, yet they beat us in the preliminary final and then got flogged by manly in the GF who were fresh.

Quigs

Immortal
Don't get me going about the farkkkken defensive line.

Youse know what.

I just got back from taking the dogs for a swim at the beach and I realised that my stress level was flatlining. No need to worry about a game, or a result or next weeks game.

And if I may say so, if feels pretty dammm good.

PHaTMaN

Juniors
I think we get a pass mark for the season and for Flanno, but he gets a big fail for playing the chad in the final. He was, is, and always will be a park footballer, I was drunk but I cannot remember him doing anything good last night.

I thinks it's fair to have a go at the refs, Tafua's try was a joke, but our kicking game was horrible and Flanno farged up by picking a 5/8 that clearly is not up to NRL standard.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Flanno should have never played chad. He was never going to be the match winner and last night showed that. Hindsight is a good thing but flanno would be filthy with himself.

5 seconds to go and robson was looking for a repeat set? WTF??? Should have just gone the hot potato manly were goooooone

Card Shark

Immortal
It's a shame Pom went off. He would've been hard to stop in the last 20 & it wouldn't have stuffed our structure.

He looked like he was in a ship load of pain when he did it even though he was trying not to make it too obvious.

sharknows

Bench
Just a few points.....refs definitely didn't give us the same as Manly. Tafua definitely no try, how the video ref could say it was too inconclusive to overule is beyond me when everyone in TV land could see clearly Tafua lost the ball.
Jono Wright passes early in the game = a try.
So they could be 1 try less & us 1 more. Plus Morris'e brain snap could be another.
Chad wasn't up to it. Selected for his kicking game and it was ineffective. Lewie at 5/8 at least would have had some impact.......but there was no-one else with a long kicking game to select. Considering how important the kicking game is I think Flanno really had little choice. Had Chad got it together we'd all be praising Flanno's coaching genius.
Gal.....can't knock a bloke who gives his all week after week. Sure he probably tries too hard at times but we sure as hell wouldn't have gone as close without him. An inspirational leader.
We all knew we were against the odds without a 100% fit Todd but we went bloody close..
Disappointed for sure but no one can say the Sharks turned it up.

millersnose

Post Whore
i dont think he had any real choice

chad is the only one with a long kicking game

problem was that no one chased last night

chad may be a handy scapegoat but the fact is we were missing a coherent strategy for the 5th tackle

maybe because of the short preparation they forgot to implement whatever it was they were supposed to do

and cherry evans had an absolute blinder and fundamentally that was the difference between the two sides

no one is mentioning emerging sacred cow robson failing to step up in yet another big game

Weaponhead

Coach
Flanno has done a great job keeping the side together under the pressure of the ASADA investigation. However, he is very conservative and tactically inflexible. Last night he went with the most conservative options and these were not enough.

We played one-out hit up for 5 then kick footy. The problem was the former was dealt with by a compressed and fairly fast moving defensive line. The kicking game was poor and created zero pressure. Tafua has iffy hands and Hiku is a rookie and yet we didn't exploit them at all.

carinashark

First Grade
Agree on Flanno. I have said all year he is a wooden head focused but lacks imagination. That said he has the players motivated and loyal,see Beau Ryans comments in the pregame interview. He needs help with the utilisation of the players. Where is Peter Sharp? Someone with the 'long' view of the season. Keep Flanno as head but in 2014 we need this very talented player group to reach their full potential.

Since 73

First Grade
Robbo was fine.

We lost because:

- we played a guy at 6 who is not up to it.
- Our kicking game was ineffective (see above point) plus the fact guys BELIEVE they possess a kicking game - which they f**king don't - and should have been TOLD in ROUND 1 that they are NOT to put their foot anywhere near the ball for the REMAINDER of the season by the guy who is SUPPOSED to be the coach.
- We gave away a stoopid penalty when we finally tied the game.

If ONE of those things don't happen...

we win.

Surely

Post Whore
Robson didn't have a great game, his bombs were shit for starters but he did pull off a big finals moment as good as any try assist, he stopped kite from scoring a certain try.

And at the end of the day ct was selected to kick, he did it poorly, down the throat of the manly back 3 the entire match.

Marchad

Juniors
Flanno is good at getting a group of individuals to gel and become friends but he is not a tactician. Flanno fails when it comes to making a gutsy decision he did at the start of last week by selecting Luke Lewis at 5/8 but when he went back to a tried and failed on many occasion CT it showed that he doesn't have a pair. Good bloke but will never win a premiership lacks any surprise factor to his coaching. Unfortunately he is going to be our coach for a few more seasons yet oh well.

bluebag43

Juniors
As a Bluebag supporter Peachey tore us a new one. I have been watching Footy for over 40 years & in IMO he is going to be a top class player.

If Super coach Flannagan can't see that he must be kidding. I guess he is about the last of the local junior's Flanno has sashimied - None left.

AND Flanno re-signing "Edward Scissor Hands" about sums up his judgement. Edward would have to have the worst ball skills I have ever seen from a first grade back!

Marchad

Juniors
I would be careful what you say bluebag some people on here think Mr Scissor hands is a good player I know he is shit.

Card Shark

Immortal
I would be careful what you say bluebag some people on here think Mr Scissor hands is a good player I know he is shit.

Also many don't consider Peachey worth keeping....

How the hell we can let a gamebreaker go (especially with the name "Peachey"), is beyond me. He has potential & we should've took a bit of a punt on that potential.

Latest posts