What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks for Finch

parra pete

Referee
ozzie said:
Solomano - he is a pie eater and a great bench player because you could never get him fit..neither could we. Where is he now? In the land of unfit players England?

Give you three months and you will wish you had hit Finch with the WELCOME mat.

It's funny you mentioned Robinson and Cayles. They were B graders with Parramatta and Cayless went on to play for NZ and got a great contract with an English club after he came to us - we turned him from a nobody he was at Parramatta into a rep player.

We couldn't match the offer from an English club and lets face it money talks.

But don't take any credit for his representative career...

Thank you for developing J Cayless and C Robinson.
Well done. :clap: :clap: It would never had happened if they had stayed with the Eels...:whistle:

parra pete

Referee
By the way, thanks also for Jack Gibson, Terry Fearnley, Johnny Peard, Jim Porter, John Quayle, Arthur Beetson, Dean Widders, David Solomona..
Thanks for looking after Eric Grothe Junior, Paul Mares, Greg Owens, and Graeme Atkins. Thanks for Brett Finch.. got anyone else you want to unload???

ozzie

Bench
Smith kicks out Gothe who had a bad injury - the Roosters gave him money for nothing but to get fit. Gets fit and then pisses off...by the way all those players certainly got you a whole heap of premierships when was your last. Beetson finished up playing second grade with you clowns. The only ones worth talking about was Gibson, but he coached more than 2 teams,Peard but he would have played well in any team including Parramatta, Dean Widders has brought you plenty of premierships, well he would have won the MacDonalds award. Who is Greg Owens? Another premiership winning player. Terry Fearnley well marginal. John Quayle a better administrator than player. You can have Finch - he will join you non winners in your quest for another premiership.....lol

ozzie

Bench
parra pete said:
Thank you for developing J Cayless and C Robinson.
Well done. :clap: :clap: It would never had happened if they had stayed with the Eels...:whistle:
Truest words you ever said. By the way Smith was he sponsored by Telstra??

Phillips

Referee
parra pete said:
By the way, thanks also for Jack Gibson, Terry Fearnley, Johnny Peard, Jim Porter, John Quayle, Arthur Beetson, Dean Widders, David Solomona..
Thanks for looking after Eric Grothe Junior, Paul Mares, Greg Owens, and Graeme Atkins. Thanks for Brett Finch.. got anyone else you want to unload???

dont forget Fred Petersen :sarcasm:

btw Finch is GOD :cool:

parra pete

Referee
ozzie said:
Smith kicks out Gothe who had a bad injury - the Roosters gave him money for nothing but to get fit. Gets fit and then pisses off...by the way all those players certainly got you a whole heap of premierships when was your last. Beetson finished up playing second grade with you clowns. The only ones worth talking about was Gibson, but he coached more than 2 teams,Peard but he would have played well in any team including Parramatta, Dean Widders has brought you plenty of premierships, well he would have won the MacDonalds award. Who is Greg Owens? Another premiership winning player. Terry Fearnley well marginal. John Quayle a better administrator than player. You can have Finch - he will join you non winners in your quest for another premiership.....lol

I was being nice. The Roosters are a MIGHTY Club with supporters equivalent to the Bulldogs, with difference being... they can read and write... :lol:

Stagger eel

Staff member
ozzie said:

first of all i can tell you that wasn't the case regarding Grothe!!..there were other reasons involved but I can tell you he wanted to get out of the roosters nice and fast after he was there for a year and a bit.

Beetson played some amazing football at our club despite being on his last legs and only finished in Reserve grade after coming back from breaking his jaw conicindently against your mob.

Gibson and Peard are absolute champions and gave both our clubs tremendous service and Dean Widders is about half the weight and ten times the footballer he is now thanks to coaching staff and trainers at our club. As he put it this morning, the club also made him a better person.

Now!!!...2 guys you failed to mention in that were signed from your mob at a stage where you could be forgiven to think their careers were over but, Kevin Stevens and Bob O'Reilly turned an ordinary side in 1980 to a premiership winning one in 1981, with obvious help from Jack Gibson.

Seeing you pinponted era's from 1976 onwards it's interesting to see from that time our club won 4 premierships, runners up 4 times with one drawn grand final while the all mighty roosters..won 1 grand final and runners up 4 times.

makes you wonder doesn't it???

parra pete

Referee
But thanks anyway for the support of The MIGHTY Roosters over the years - the Club everyone wants to leave...

Ozzy

First Grade
Phillips said:
dont forget Fred Petersen :sarcasm:

btw Finch is GOD :cool:
Maybe, (though I doubt it) but he certainly isn't a first grade RL player. :lol:

Julie

Juniors
At the end of the day Finch is inconsisent. If finch starts the game well and things seem to be going his way, he knows how to make some smart decisions, and if he starts the game with a mistakes, he finds it hard to get back.

Lewis and Soward should be the roosters halves and wish that ricky would put soward in and start giving him and lewis experience in first grade together.

...Morticia...

Juniors
i agree that sowie needs some more first grade experience but with the jets a chance at october glory, i'm happy to wait until next year now.

Julie

Juniors
Thats the thing I don't think we should wait till next year. Soward and lewis need all the first grade experience they can get before next year. Even though I still strongly believe that ricky still going to play anasta at 5/8 with lewis.

...Morticia...

Juniors
thats it, sowie is unlikely to be a regular in first grade next year so why take him out of a winning jets side and stuff around with that team unnecessarily. they and flegg have a chance to make the gf still, the roosters cant make the finals so i'm all for leaving things as they are. four games at this end of the season or four at the beginning arent going to make a lot of difference. but maybe i'm just selfish and want to see the jets continue to do well :D

adamkungl

Immortal
Finch tries hard but his consistency just isn't there, he needs a leader like Fittler next to him, i doubt Tim Smith is that player. To the Parra fans, how about the players Brian Smith let go over the years to become champions at other clubs? Brett Hodgson comes to mind. I'm looking forwards to another spectacular Parra choking, that will likely be my favourite part of the finals with Roosters nowhere in sight.

caylo

Bench
ozzie said:
It's funny you mentioned Robinson and Cayles. They were B graders with Parramatta and Cayless went on to play for NZ and got a great contract with an English club after he came to us - we turned him from a nobody he was at Parramatta into a rep player.

We couldn't match the offer from an English club and lets face it money talks.

But don't take any credit for his representative career...

ur kidding urself, when he was here he was behind n.cayless (kiwi captain) and Vella (aussie & NSW rep), plus Ryan (nsw rep), Solomona (kiwi rep), on the bench. he also had 2 contest with chan and robenson 4 the last spot on the bench. the 2001 forward pack was brilliant... he played country city in 2001, and couldnt even make our starting pack/bench. he was always good, and everyone knew it, he along with ryan and chan left for better opertunities to play regular first grade

...Morticia...

Juniors
caylo said:
ur kidding urself, when he was here he was behind n.cayless (kiwi captain) and Vella (aussie & NSW rep), plus Ryan (nsw rep), Solomona (kiwi rep), on the bench. he also had 2 contest with chan and robenson 4 the last spot on the bench. the 2001 forward pack was brilliant... he played country city in 2001, and couldnt even make our starting pack/bench. he was always good, and everyone knew it, he along with ryan and chan left for better opertunities to play regular first grade

well if he couldnt make the starting pack or bench in 01 how come he played around 20 games for them that year? i was under the impression that he was dumped for the finals by smith after playing the 20 games during the year cause smith didnt think he was playing well :roll: history shows the loss in the gf with that brilliant foward pack you speak of.

Sterling

Juniors
adamkungl said:
Finch tries hard but his consistency just isn't there, he needs a leader like Fittler next to him, i doubt Tim Smith is that player. To the Parra fans, how about the players Brian Smith let go over the years to become champions at other clubs? Brett Hodgson comes to mind. I'm looking forwards to another spectacular Parra choking, that will likely be my favourite part of the finals with Roosters nowhere in sight.

Parra were second last 2 months ago and are now top 4 ..... even if they were eliminated from the finals early it would hardly be a choke .. they were spoon contenders not long ago ...... unlike your mob who just throws in the towel .. mob of useless hacks ... whats your excuse for another crap season .... ..

plenty more heading your way:lol:

Latest posts