What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"That Kick"

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Rolling on the floor?

Doing what?

ROFL

Rolling On the Floor Laughing

Aries

Bench
Timmah said:
Rolling on the floor?

Doing what?

ROFL

Rolling On the Floor Laughing

Rolling On The Floor (in agony, reading your posts)

That would be ROTFL or ROFL

You called me a "f**king dope" and told me ROTF was ROFL. If I was refering to ROTFL or ROFL I would have said that!
The one directley under ROTF was ROTFLMAO... :roll:

Timmah

Staff member
And quite often the "T" is dropped because "the" is regarded as a Common word. Hence the abbreviation ROFL.

Further to that, ROFL is the most commonly used in internet circles.

Now get back to the Cronulla forum where you belong. You're out of place here.

The Preacher

First Grade
Settle down Timmah, the bloody thread was started by a shark, and now your telling one to get back to the Sharks forum. This isn't the Kennel, its the NRL forum, ALL WELCOME unless things have changed.
Settle down, have a cuppa, and think before you go off.
Anyone could mistake you for Dodge carrying on like that. :)

Aries

Bench
Timmah said:
And quite often the "T" is dropped because "the" is regarded as a Common word. Hence the abbreviation ROFL.

Further to that, ROFL is the most commonly used in internet circles.

Now get back to the Cronulla forum where you belong. You're out of place here.

go argue with the urban dictoinary...

I've been on the net for 14 years. Think I know net terms, mate ;-)

Breadman

Juniors
Great post BBSF! Anyone who whinges about it needs to get a sense of humour. Especially the peanut on the first page saying the mods should ban him, BBSF adds alot to this forum, great sense of humour

Timmah

Staff member
The Preacher said:
Settle down Timmah, the bloody thread was started by a shark, and now your telling one to get back to the Sharks forum. This isn't the Kennel, its the NRL forum, ALL WELCOME unless things have changed.
Settle down, have a cuppa, and think before you go off.
Anyone could mistake you for Dodge carrying on like that. :)

:lol: This little inbred stays entrenched in the Cronulla forum, coming out only when his team wins a couple, or if someone prods him with a toothpick. Then, once owned he runs back to his Cronulla forum, claiming "he got sick of it". Now, he brings an argument from a thread in that forum onto the main section... :lol:

Aries said:
go argue with the urban dictoinary...

I've been on the net for 14 years. Think I know net terms, mate ;-)
You've been on the net for 14 years?

Don't you ever take a break? :lol:

In my time on the net, Rolling on the floor laughing has always been ROFL. And I explained as to why. I always hear people using this, not ROTFL. Who would add a letter in a society that's beginning to pride itself on shortening words? TBH it doesn't really matter but you keep arguing it... and I'll keep coming back. I don't run away like a bitch like you do.

Crusher

Coach
Timmah said:
:lol: This little inbred stays entrenched in the Cronulla forum, coming out only when his team wins a couple, or if someone prods him with a toothpick. Then, once owned he runs back to his Cronulla forum, claiming "he got sick of it". Now, he brings an argument from a thread in that forum onto the main section... :lol:

In my time on the net, Rolling on the floor laughing has always been ROFL. And I explained as to why. I always hear people using this, not ROTFL. Who would add a letter in a society that's beginning to pride itself on shortening words? TBH it doesn't really matter but you keep arguing it... and I'll keep coming back. I don't run away like a bitch like you do.

I'm loving it. Obviously experience leads to other having to POQ. IMO ROFL is exactly as you stated. So 1 4U.:D

Aries

Bench
Timmah said:

You keep arguing it. I mearly pointed you to the FACTS. Then you came to your defence. Nobody here would have had any idea why I put a link on the ROTF, other than sharks supporters. Just admit your the "f**king dope" ;-)

Aries

Bench
cWo 4 LiFe said:
ROTF - maybe putting out a shirt fire?

I was gunna say that... :lol:

ROTF was the original term. It was assumed you were on the floor because you were laughing. But apparentley Timmah knows how I think, better than I do! :roll:

Crusher

Coach
Actually I've just found out ROTF stands for

Ridiculously Offensive Tit Fortat but if you want the answer start a poll

Aries

Bench
Crusher said:
I'm loving it. Obviously experience leads to other having to POQ. IMO ROFL is exactly as you stated. So 1 4U.:D

You can go argue with the urban dictionary too... http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ROTF

It's an age thing. Us oldies, who invented half these terms, have had them butchered and twisted by the younger generation. Just like the ppl that come on here and SMS talk on a forum! U C snot gr8 ta do!

I had all the Yongens stunned that IMHO = In My Humble Opinion. They all thought it was Honest. Well now its both, but it was originally "Humble". Not to many ppl are anymore, I guess!

reptar

Juniors
Aries said:
You can go argue with the urban dictionary too... http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ROTF

It's an age thing. Us oldies, who invented half these terms, have had them butchered and twisted by the younger generation. Just like the ppl that come on here and SMS talk on a forum! U C snot gr8 ta do!

I had all the Yongens stunned that IMHO = In My Humble Opinion. They all thought it was Honest. Well now its both, but it was originally "Humble". Not to many ppl are anymore, I guess!

The problem with the original definition is that not terribly many people are humble.

Timmah

Staff member
Aries said:

I knew that the H was Humble, hence why I only ever say IMO.

"Us oldies, who invented half these terms"

:lol:

I would ask to buy tickets on you, but it seems you already have them all over yourself... :roll:

Aries

Bench
Timmah said:
I knew that the H was Humble, hence why I only ever say IMO.

"Us oldies, who invented half these terms"

:lol:

I would ask to buy tickets on you, but it seems you already have them all over yourself... :roll:

I'm now convinced your a braindead twit!

Us as in the older generation! The youngens sure as hell didn't start inventing them, most of them your stll an accident waiting to happen. Too bad your oldman didn't jerk off the night you were conceived.. :lol:

Latest posts