What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That pass! Amazing..........

Everyone talks about the field goal by Soward..but what about that top shelf spiral torpedo pass from Nathan Fein from some serious distant?...

That was something Rugby would be salivating at......

Well done Nathan!:D

clifford

Juniors
how about that forward pass call when morris looked like he had found some space. shocker of a call.

clifford

Juniors
yeh was a shocker of a call. geez weve had so many forward passes called against us this yr that havent been forward. earlier in the yr evertime soward threw a bloody cut out pass close to the line they were getting pulled up for no reason. last nites one was terrible, especially just before halftime giving tigers great field position coulda killed us.

Steel Dragon

Bench
It's kinda good that everyone thinks we can only attack up the guts now that morris' runaway try was called forward. Now we have an ace in the hole!

rasaint

Juniors
A real worry for me is that flat and cut out passes seem to be called forward by the refs down the Morris wing. That was a shocker last night and even the Tiger fans in front of me were saying they got out of jail. Funny no one in the print media highlighted the huge mistake which had Brett with only fresh air in front of him. Are refs being told to pull up Dragon cut out passes to Brett by Mr Finch? Please Dousty sort this out quick, it could cost us the premiership.

Two other matters are that the Dragons warmed up in front of me and Nathan Fein was throwing beautiful practice passes from the ball on the ground and courageous Mick Weyman was grimacing and limping noticeably. Here is hoping he can get on the park this week.

Stagger Lee

Bench
Nathan Fein pass was very good but did you notice how 3 saints guys in the play the ball area protected them running down the kick? That was so practised but it still takes confidence to execute it to perfection.

:crazy::crazy:

bmwpower

Juniors
what a beauty it was. Straight to his chest. didnt have to move. gave sowie the best timiing possible. I can imagine if it some one else throwing it. oh what might of been :)

silverex

Bench
In the post-match interview Sowie praised Fien for the pass. Sowie said the pass was perfect which gave him the maximum amount of time to take the kick and he just did what he was supposed to do.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
The kick was also pretty special. How many field goal attempts have you seen these last few weeks miss.

If Fien starts at Hooker for the Saints it will make it easier for them to win on Sunday. I hate seeing Young at hooker. Young is a great backrower and should stay there. Fien is the best No.9 by far and would easily play 80mins.

Steel Dragon

Bench
Having dean at hooker allows smith to play lock and adds starch to the pack early on, then when fien comes on (yes he's technically better) he is more able to exploit the opposition forwards who are now, as a result of dean bashing them about, slightly more tired

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
yep, i'm a big fan of the "soften them up & then send on a ball player" approach...

Cagey Mac

Bench
It’s funny that “the pass” conjures up three different possibilities. The two aforementioned in this thread but the one that got me going was Sowie to Gaz with about a metre to spare with both Lawrence and Tuqiri both flying at him with Gaz quickly moving it to Nighty. Point perfect from Sowie and he backed himself and fired the pass like a sniper

Godz Illa

Coach
Brilliant clutch play from Fien. Was like a long snap in NFL

But the kick from Soward... wow. It was right in front of us in the Army and I was airborne from the moment it left his boot. Did not look like missing

Divine

Bench
Nothing like a close win to make sure it doesn't happen again the week after. Hopefully the guys will want to open their shoulders early and punch out to a good lead.

ingles

Juniors
The kick was also pretty special. How many field goal attempts have you seen these last few weeks miss.

If Fien starts at Hooker for the Saints it will make it easier for them to win on Sunday. I hate seeing Young at hooker. Young is a great backrower and should stay there. Fien is the best No.9 by far and would easily play 80mins.

Slip , I see your point , but I reckon we should think back to the most recent game against the Chooks .... they were on a huuuuuge roll ( kind of like what the journos and commentators are on about now ! ) and we were "struggling " .

The chooks started on fire , got a dubious try and had good field position . We held them out and gradually got into a rhythm , and even though it was tight , you could see from their body language that they were gone from about 30 minutes on .

When Fien came on , his presence confused the chooks , as they didn't know how to react to what he was doing , and then they had to re-adjust when he went off . Great tactics , as they were thrown off THEIR game by having to worry about what WE were going to do .

The closeness of the scores that day belied the fact - or at least the way I felt -that the chooks were physically and mentally smacked that day .

I think it will be the same on Sunday , and I can even see Fien pop up at number 7 on the odd occasion, perhaps on the opposite side to Hornby , to throw some more confusion into the chooks minds .

Unlike all the media who are crowing about their "new found defensive grit" , I think they are still VERY prone to make defensive errors - they should never have got back into the game against the Tigers, who everyone now knows can't defend ANY sort of a lead , and even though the Titans were just pathetic the other night , the score was flattering to the chooks .

A BIG factor that no one in the media mentions ... since Wayne , in our 4 games , they have never scored more than 12 points . In those 4 games we have scored 110 - 30 . THIS year it is 47 -18 . ( BORING huh ????? lol )

Can't wait 'til Sunday !!

YEHHHBOYYYD

Juniors
What confused me was the fact that after the pass was thrown, the touchy kept running with the players... He didn't call it forward.. who did? lol..

saint_girl

Juniors
What confused me was the fact that after the pass was thrown, the touchy kept running with the players... He didn't call it forward.. who did? lol..

I think it was the touchie. At least a few tackles later they pulled up an actual forward pass by the Tigers. Still doesn't take away the fact that Morris was away with that pass. Seriously the touch judge who pulled up that one needs thicker glasses.