What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That play- Running on the last.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Why is this thread continuing on life support?

The bottom line is:

1. if Au Mau had better ball security and

2. if Leiluia didn’t miss a simple one-on-one tackle....

Saints would be playing against the Chooks on Saturday night.

Besides, even if Hunt slapped the ball down field, I’m certain the referees would’ve screwed the Dragons over in Golden Shower.

So,I was relieved the outcome was determined in regular time.

possm

Coach

The bottom line is:

Besides, even if Hunt slapped the ball down field, I’m certain the referees would’ve screwed the Dragons over in Golden Shower.

….. and if Field was brought on with at least 10min to go, he may have organised a try on the left side or a least kick a field goal when it mattered.

Ben_Kusto_magic

Juniors

The bottom line is:

And if Jack looked to his right at the 20 min mark, Zac would have been under the posts. Plenty of what ifs and maybes

Pilot house

Juniors
I think Michael Morgan would have seen the 10 player overlap and being the best passer in the game, shot it out to the winger. Hunt got all catty when the play dies. Wtf?!

But Gagai made an important and enlightened defensive decision, perfect. The backs to hunts left should have stood deeper and run up in a better sequence. Mann to run the decoy hard right.

But there would be no finals without hunt.

I think Craig Gower was the best passer of the football in my time.

Carlton

Juniors
When you watch that play it almost worked, if Mann had gotten through he scores. It was good work from Cameron Murray he slides hard and allows Reynolds to hold and tackle Mann, also as mentioned Gagai made a good read and didnt allow Mann to stand and offload.

The hole for Mann was actually there for a split second, it was just good defence that shut it down.

The Damo

Juniors

The bottom line is:

Argh oh no, you’ve opened a new front...
Leilua didn’t miss that tackle, Mann missed the tackle on Crichton. Read it wrong and let him through his inside shoulder. Luc had to stay on Reynolds.

ouryears

Bench

The bottom line is:

Because Hunt is paid to bring home the bacon, not to give it away. That's his role, making great decisions.

And he didn't....again.

Carlton

Juniors
*Ignores two valid points while refusing to accept Mann was actually the real culprit.

Good work.

I don't agree Mann was the culprit, he ran the exact line he should have run for that play. It was a set play that didn't come off, thats life, no one was terrible in that play. There were options and decisions to be made in a split second, in hindsight, sitting in front of a replay its easy to say which was the best option.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I don't agree Mann was the culprit, he ran the exact line he should have run for that play. It was a set play that didn't come off, thats life, no one was terrible in that play. There were options and decisions to be made in a split second, in hindsight, sitting in front of a replay its easy to say which was the best option.

Still believe Saints would’ve been screwed if the game went to Golden Shower anyway.