What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The ‘Anything and Everything’ Thread

Let me know if it comes to Qld. Having done the carer thing at great personal cost ,only to be disrespected and accused of elder abuse by those who did nothing and were parasites all their lives, and being unable to seek any sort of recompence or truth or justice under ridiculous rules and regulations that always take the stance that unless proven otherwise with forensic type evidence ,that the carer is abusing the elder, I might be interested.

Big Bloke

Juniors
Let me know if it comes to Qld. Having done the carer thing at great personal cost ,only to be disrespected and accused of elder abuse by those who did nothing and were parasites all their lives, and being unable to seek any sort of recompence or truth or justice under ridiculous rules and regulations that always take the stance that unless proven otherwise with forensic type evidence ,that the carer is abusing the elder, I might be interested.
Sorry mate, it will only be in Sydney.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Not sure why this memory came to me.

As a teenager I lived in a Funeral parlor, you would be suprised how many kids find it weird and others intriguing.

Such as young ladies liked to do ouija board.

Anyways one night when my parents were out and a bunch of guys and gals showed up, then Wardy decides he wants to scare Lennox -as he was not comfortable just being there. So Wardy goes and hides in a coffin in the display room. Funeral Parlors are huge FTR.

Then I take everyone for a tour, the Chapel, the garage full of Limos and hearses, the mortuary, then finally coffin display room.

Wardy pops out, girls scream, dudes freak, but poor Lennox cried. I kind of feel bad as Lennox never lived that down.

Not my idea, but I went with it.

Chimp

Bench
Didn’t realise Brailey was doubling up and driving in F1 too.

Attachments

• 2C3EBBE4-295A-4392-B1D0-E0F1E3C96B97.jpeg
    2C3EBBE4-295A-4392-B1D0-E0F1E3C96B97.jpeg
    857.1 KB · Views: 4

ACTPanthers

Bench
Don't want to bring down the mood or anything guys, but just wanted to let you know you lost one of your fold on the 7th of June. My mum.

She was a massive Sharks fan all of her 61 years and we loved watching the footy together. I still remember the phone call I got from her after the GF win.

Anyway, just thought you guys might like to know. She wasn't a regular at games or anything so I doubt you'd know her, but she was definitely one of you and it just felt right to announce her passing.

Hug your family guys.

bluefox68

Staff member
Don't want to bring down the mood or anything guys, but just wanted to let you know you lost one of your fold on the 7th of June. My mum.

She was a massive Sharks fan all of her 61 years and we loved watching the footy together. I still remember the phone call I got from her after the GF win.

Anyway, just thought you guys might like to know. She wasn't a regular at games or anything so I doubt you'd know her, but she was definitely one of you and it just felt right to announce her passing.

Hug your family guys.
Thanks for the post, mate.

My Mum is still alive, but getting on - 81…

Sorry to hear of your loss…

chewsta

First Grade

Hug your family guys.
My sincere Condolences mate. I have recently lost my father who was not much older than your mum. One day he retired and was excited to begin his lifelong plans of travelling our beautiful country with my mum. It was the happiest day of his life.
4 weeks later he was suddenly gone from an illness nobody knew he had.
Hang in there mate.

Quigs

Immortal
Sorry to hear about your mum ACT Panthers (and you too Chewsta with your Dad). My mum and dad have long gone now but were regular spectators to Sutho Oval / Endeavour Field / Shark Park when still living in the Shire. They eventually retired and moved up the north coast.

We often talk about mum and dad not living long enough to see the Sharkies finally get the holly grail.

It makes is a bit better for you I can only guess that your mum got to see the day the porch lights went out.

=================================

Arhh the story of 'me' life continues.

Last night I was thinking that I might watch a bit of the cricket test as I had mostly missed the first four days and what do you know, ...... it was wizzing down rain and lunch break had been brought forward.

So i decided the better option was sleep, bed beckoned and as usual I missed an historical win in the cricket.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Geez this forum is becoming morbid. Death and illness abounds in here these days.

Don't react, think about it.

Big Bloke

Juniors
For all the golf nuts:

Next PGA Tour event starts tonight - it is the Travellers Championship coming to you from Cromwell in Connecticut USA. They are 14 hours behind us so the action starts at 8.45pm tonight our time.

Defending champion is World Number 1 - Scottie Scheffler.

There are five Aussies teeing it up - Min Woo Lee, Adam Scott, Cam Davis, Lucas Herbert and Jason Day.

Min Woo is in the first group of the 10th at 8.45pm our time tonight.

Kayo has excellent coverage.

Weather is a bit iffy, there is some rain and storms forecast but hopefully they can get through each day OK.

Quigs

Immortal
Wasn't it great to see the little smart arse fullback with the drag queen eyes cop three matches.

Here is me thinking that he might be a law unto himself and tax exempt.

The good old days would of seen him cop a flogging.

Quigs

Immortal
#OnThisDay 29 June 1969, Tommy Bishop and Cronulla forward Fred Tomlinson watch the match between the Sharks and Souths at Endeavour Field. The former St Helens, and Great Britain Rugby player has just accepted an offer of $11,000 to play for the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks rugby league team.
[Photo by Kenneth Stevens » Fairfax Media]

bishop1969.jpg

Latest posts