What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 10 per cent of Canterbury fans that give the Dogs a bad name

Shorty

Staff member
I love how Dogs' fans act aggressively instead of apologising for the inappropriate behaviour.
Hmm.

Kelly Patrol

Juniors
Gotta agree with Shire Panther.It is mainly the middle eastern fan base of the Dogs.

Greenberg has done a great job cleaning the joint up, how he deals with the middle eastern issue is beyond me.

In my experience the worst fans are Dogs and Cronulla.

fish eel

Immortal
I've been spat on at Brookvale, my girlfriend's been called countless digusting names at CUA, and some of the abuse you cop at EAS is disgraceful. There are acts of disgrace at every ground almost every week.

So a lady on a bus is a credible statistical source for a percentage of fans you believe? :lol:

If you feel so passionate about what happened, your gripe should be to write to Sydney Olympic Park or the police about what happened. Your method of bringing it onto a football forum where it's quite clearly an attempt to illustrate how bad you think the Bulldogs are.

Apart from a free shot at a club that has done little wrong this year on and off the field, what exactly do you hope to achieve here?

And for the record, the only fight/ejection from inside last night's game was a drunken Eels fan who'd found his way into the Bulldogs supporter bay at the Northern end.

Do you just make sh*t up?

25 men were ejected for anti-social behaviour and intoxication.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/police-praise-for-dogs-eels-fans/story-e6freuy9-1225779811560

Chook Herron

Juniors
I recommend you get a southern cross tattoo and wear the Australian flag like a cape and run through the streets of Lakemba singing Waltzing Matilda at the top of your lungs. That'll show em'

_goParra

Juniors
well done Timmah & other dog supporters.... instead of tackling the main issue at hand... which is "bulldogs fans behavior" you guys concentrate on some throwaway stat in the OP.

Does it matter if it was 10%, 20% or 1%... that fact of matter is that there are certain sections of bulldog fans who look to pickup fights.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I too had an incident with ont of those twiggy boys at the game last night. Not boasting, but the kid ended up 2nd best. Next time the little punk drops a shoulder into my girlfriend, It wont end well for him.

What amazes me here is that Bulldogs fans are basically saying "oh but you have bad fans too". The Bulldogs fans didnt get their reputation for no reason.

There was a study a while ago, crime was down everywhere in Sydney except Bankstown and yes, its mostly kids from the middle east. The police were then given powers to search and interogate anyone they saw suspicious, and because Bankstown had the highest crime rate in Sydney, commited by middle eastern kids, middle eastern kids were the ones mostly searched. Which in turn made the middle eastern community in the Bankstown area feel deicriminated against.

The same principle can be used to P plate drivers. Fact is P plate drivers have more car accidents, speed and drive wrecklessly much more then fully licenced drivers. But police arent allowed to target P plate drivers because its discrimination.

innsaneink

Referee

Game_Breaker

Coach
I love how Dogs' fans act aggressively instead of apologising for the inappropriate behaviour.
Hmm.

Why should I apologise?

I didnt do anything

I also saw some dickhead parra supporters last night as well, maybe I should make a thread about it and so parra fans can apologise to me

Parra

Referee
Bulldogs fans tolerate these turds for some reason. Abusive, but non-violent behavior was on display in the entrance to the P1 carpark as well - and it wasn't all lebanese either. There seems to be a mind-set of aggro that comes out. The only reason things don't escalate is the benevolence and common sense of the people the abuse is aimed at.

Maybe these people should head to soccer where this sort of thing is expected.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Bulldogs fans tolerate these turds for some reason. Abusive, but non-violent behavior was on display in the entrance to the P1 carpark as well - and it wasn't all lebanese either. There seems to be a mind-set of aggro that comes out. The only reason things don't escalate is the benevolence and common sense of the people the abuse is aimed at.

Maybe these people should head to soccer where this sort of thing is expected.

Oh fmd

There were also idiotic parra fans as well

Funny how you didnt see them

Bulldogs fans seem to get more coverage because of the reputation, classic example is the above post.

"Abusive but not violent"
:crazy:

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
Theres a difference between idiotic fans and violent fans looking to start fights.

Swearing at opposition fans, spitting etc = being a dickhead but something i can tolerate

Starting fights, trashing trains etc = criminal behavior that i am not willing to tolerate

Latest posts