What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 10 per cent of Canterbury fans that give the Dogs a bad name

Garts

Bench
The guy who posted above me said non violent

The parra fans were being idiotic and abusive, some got violent as well

But hey, lets just ignore that.

The issue is the Bulldogs are notorius for this and continually seem to have these problems.

taxidriver

Coach
guys, guys, guys

it's ok

the tele will run another article about how the family club is back and how the bulldogs are now perfect and it will all go away

maybe there's another dally m in it for them too?

mattyg

Bench
eels fans were angels they did nothing wrong. oh wait, what team did that goose who ran on the field after the game support?? My brother seen an eels fan trying to fight coppers who were ejecting him. It isn't just the dogs fans. The crowd was very well behaved considering there was 75,000 people at the game. I've seen much much worse behaved crowds at state of origin games which don't even get a mention.

innsaneink

Referee
The guy who posted above me said non violent

The parra fans were being idiotic and abusive, some got violent as well

But hey, lets just ignore that.

Seven minutes earlier you described only ''idiotic''

Now...its ''idiotic AND abusive, as well as violent''

Changing your tune to suit the circumstances = bullsh*t imo.

The other liar was found out & disappeared...you gunna keep digging?

Game_Breaker

Coach
The issue is the Bulldogs are notorius for this and continually seem to have these problems.

and the fact that they're notorious for it mean you get fans who whinge about any small incident that happens

like that parra fan who complaied about some Doggies fans being abusive but non violent

If they're gonna complain about that then dont go to a footy match

the violence is a different issue

Game_Breaker

Coach
Seven minutes earlier you described only ''idiotic''

Now...its ''idiotic AND abusive, as well as violent''

Changing your tune to suit the circumstances = bullsh*t imo.

The other liar was found out & disappeared...you gunna keep digging?

violent fans are idiotic, just because I didnt list all the adjectives in my first post does that mean it didnt happen? :lol:

what you're doing is being pedantic

Keep imagining Parra fans were angels last night, but dont keep your head in the sand for too long

The General

Juniors
Bulldogs fans tolerate these turds for some reason. Abusive, but non-violent behavior was on display in the entrance to the P1 carpark as well - and it wasn't all lebanese either. There seems to be a mind-set of aggro that comes out. The only reason things don't escalate is the benevolence and common sense of the people the abuse is aimed at.

Maybe these people should head to soccer where this sort of thing is expected.

We tolerate them do we? Do you also tolerate them because you stood there watching them be 'abusive'? Or did you do something about it and notify security/police?

IFR33K

Coach
The first page of this thread, is the typical mindset of these doggies supporters....they are angels, never seem to do anything wrong, and are sometimes even victims.

I am Lebanese myself, and wanted so much to take my family to last nights game, but I know no matter what the result, I will always come home pissed off at the doggies supporters.

Sometimes taking a backward step is awkward, and even sometimes pride kicks in. Now I worry about my young family, and if ever confronted with a situation, I will 9/10 take that backward step.

Any dog supporters that deny there supporter base is the worst, has something wrong with them. Sure, there are some problems with rival NRL club supporter bases, but in general, they are all good, and I have never experienced anything bad, or worth noting, except at the dogs games.

Maybe with the retirement of El-Masri, we will see a dramatic decline in numbers of these hoons.

Ridders

Coach
The first page of this thread, is the typical mindset of these doggies supporters....they are angels, never seem to do anything wrong, and are sometimes even victims.

WTF, did you read the first page? I have always said that there is a section of our supporters that even piss me off. Where did you get the angel bullsh*t from. And you have the nerve to say i talk alot of sh*t.

But what the hell, i suppose this thread will allow people to let all their Bulldog hate out.

The General

Juniors

I am Lebanese myself, and wanted so much to take my family to last nights game, but I know no matter what the result, I will always come home pissed off at the doggies supporters.

Sometimes taking a backward step is awkward, and even sometimes pride kicks in. Now I worry about my young family, and if ever confronted with a situation, I will 9/10 take that backward step.

Any dog supporters that deny there supporter base is the worst, has something wrong with them. Sure, there are some problems with rival NRL club supporter bases, but in general, they are all good, and I have never experienced anything bad, or worth noting, except at the dogs games.

Maybe with the retirement of El-Masri, we will see a dramatic decline in numbers of these hoons.

Please. You would struggle to find a single decent Dogs supporter who doesn't admit that we have a group of morons who come to our game to cause trouble.

But this isn't only a Bulldogs problem its a society problem. These idiots that cause trouble at Dogs games are the same ones that cause trouble everywhere else. Until we can get them off the streets then we will struggle to stop them coming to the footy. The club has done alot to try and deter this element coming to our games but we still get accused of turning a blind eye.

And it's pretty offensive for you to suggest that El Masri has anything to do with this behaviour.

Shire Panther

Juniors
Can someone tell me whats the go with the stupid drums???? why are they alowed to have them at the games??
When they start using them it obviously gets them worked up and then we all know what happens after that so i think they should be banned.
Anyone else agree?

Garts

Bench
The drums annoy me. I remember a Manly fan used to bring one to Brookie, I wanted to ram the sticks down his throat.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Report the problem to the police, not a rugby league forum.

10%? As if you're not trying to have a go. Rack off.

f**k off you fat heap of sh*t.. Your club has been shielding these animals for years... They apply bandaid solutions but the reality is this sort of stuff happend after EVERY Bulldogs game. I know someone high up at State Rail and they have problems with train damage every time the Dogs play at homebush.

The Tank

Bench
According to police both sets of supporters were generally well behaved. Good stuff, well done to all who attended.

Shire Panther

Juniors
According to police both sets of supporters were generally well behaved. Good stuff, well done to all who attended.
Generally yes, but not the grubs with the drums that decided it would be fun to run through the lines of people waiting for the bus trying to go home.