What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 10 per cent of Canterbury fans that give the Dogs a bad name

Goddo

Bench
I am sick of this bullsh*t from bulldog fans. They don't go to watch the games, they go to be dickhe*ds. And yes, it is easily 10% of the bulldog fan base. You just have to drive through Canterbury to see them any day of the week. After the Rd 26 Parra Dragons game, I was heading home through rockdale and 3 fully sick bros started screaming and swearing at my girlfriend and I (we had dragons stuff on), then as their car passed us, they spat out the window at us. 2 of them were wearing bulldogs jerseys. Great fans.

I won't go into their behaviour at the Rd 10 Dragons game, but it was just as bad. There seems to be a lot of scum fans around that club.

This behaviour from dogs fans are not isolated incidents. The club might have fixed its culture but its fan base is aweful. I agree with the first post... I probably won't go to a Dogs game again.

Parra

Referee
Calling kids 'cheating merkins' is not acceptable. This was 45 minutes after the match ended. Swearing non stop in what was essentially a family atmosphere outside the P1 carpark is not acceptable either.

'Abusive but non-violent' - these people were doing their best to start a fight, short of actually hitting someone. Sounds like it actually got physical in the buslines and I am not surprised. The only reason it didn't where I was is because the people who were the targets of the anger ignored it.

Dogs fans are pure filth.

Their disrespectful fans are simply a reflection of the so-called cheating "Family Club".

The club thought it was above the law with the Salary Cap rorting, and this lawless attitude is embraced by the germs that go for them.

Obviously the worst fans in the league.

grandorient

Bench
The fix is easy,

Next year, the NRL simply suspends the Dogs for 12 months and we simply wait and see the results.

GO

I don't own flares...

2766913805_db6713fda7.jpg

I could of sworn that was you on the right?

Delboy

First Grade
To add to the di''heads that support the Dogs, one of the guys who work with me, had taken his 5 year old son out on Thursday noght and left an eels flag is the back window of his car.

Friday morning his back window is smashed, and guess where he lives, on the border of the Bulldog district. These young stick insects are a blight on the great Bulldogs fans I work with and know.

Timmah and General , you know they spoil it for you guys, get realistic as they will continue to smear the good image of your club. Whilst in Corporate seats at Telstra for an Eels v Dogs game., a "fan" coming up the stairs "politely" told my son , do you want to get your face smasked in, don't wear that at a Dogs game. They are pathetic w...kers , and the reason why a lot of fans don't enjoy going to the games that invlove your club. Yes, all clubs have morons, just not so many violent ferals who look for trouble

IFR33K

Coach
And it's pretty offensive for you to suggest that El Masri has anything to do with this behaviour.[/QUOTE said:
You dopey turd, no body said El Masri is responsible for the actions of the minority of fans.

But, maybe him retiring will see less and less of the "crowd with the drums".

Maybe we will see a better supporter base start to follow your team. FMD, I live in the Bankstown area, and know of plenty of fans that don't go to games, because of the pathetic few.

f**k, as an eels supporter, I may even start to admire the dogs, if they do something about the hooligans, that come to games just to big note themselves, and cause trouble.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The attitude that this is representative of the majority of Bulldogs fans is why I get defensive, and all threads like this do is allow stupid stories, not necessarily all of them factual either, to beat up on the club.

Talk about sinking the boot in.

There are solutions for this stuff. If you're feeling threatened or uncomfortable at the game, approach security or a customer service person, or even police. There's plenty around. If someone's harrassing your kids, take action and report the person!

No, it's easier to come online from behind your keyboards and tell all these damning stories and sully the image of the club in front of supporters who aren't the ones doing anything wrong.

I ask again, what does telling everyone on here what happened achieved? If you have a problem with behaviour, do something about it, instead of whinging like this. It achieves nothing.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I love how Dogs' fans act aggressively instead of apologising for the inappropriate behaviour.
Hmm.
Hmmm... yes, I should apologise for actions of people I don't even know on a forum in front of people I've never met. :lol:
Wasn't aware of that, I only heard what was reported on the radio this arvo, which is what I said. Must've been wrong.
Did they have tabouli with it?
Dear oh dear... I know the remark isn't directly racist, but after all you've complained about, is that the smartest thing to say?
f**k, as an eels supporter, I may even start to admire the dogs, if they do something about the hooligans, that come to games just to big note themselves, and cause trouble.
This is what I keep hearing... what exactly do you propose the Bulldogs do? Seriously, I'd like to know. The problem is societal, criminal, and is the role of security at grounds and police to control. The club has implemented countless measures over a number of years to try and change things but there's only so much an organisation can do. If you've got a better solution I'd love to hear it.

Red Bear

Referee
It'll be a nice day when certain bulldogs fans stop hiding behind the claim that 'they arent proper dogs fans, just go to start trouble' line. They clearly are dogs fans and the supporter base has a bad element to it, even if it is a minority.

macavity

Referee
some of the abuse you cop at EAS is disgraceful

to be fair, YOU cop abuse everywhere.

exhibit 1 - this thread.

I have been to most grounds - 'nulla and manly worst fans IMO, and eels are very poor winners.

never had any problems at dogs games, although at the final a few weeks ago we had a few sik bros who purposely sat behind us (and ran through our group) trying to start trouble - so I guess we could have had a problem if we had bitten (or we had won?). all in all though, the dogs fans were good and none of us felt threatened walking out. would it have been different if we had won? not so sure.

and FTR the dogs (and now all teams going to dogs home games too) have been banned from taking drums into the ground, I wonder why... all in all I love instruments at the footy though (within reason) -they really help get the atmosphere going. If you want to sit in silence and golf clap a jolly good play, go watch randwick play eastwood - or stay at home and watch with the sound off.

Knightmare

Coach
To add to the di''heads that support the Dogs, one of the guys who work with me, had taken his 5 year old son out on Thursday noght and left an eels flag is the back window of his car.

Friday morning his back window is smashed, and guess where he lives, on the border of the Bulldog district. These young stick insects are a blight on the great Bulldogs fans I work with and know.

Timmah and General , you know they spoil it for you guys, get realistic as they will continue to smear the good image of your club. Whilst in Corporate seats at Telstra for an Eels v Dogs game., a "fan" coming up the stairs "politely" told my son , do you want to get your face smasked in, don't wear that at a Dogs game. They are pathetic w...kers , and the reason why a lot of fans don't enjoy going to the games that invlove your club. Yes, all clubs have morons, just not so many violent ferals who look for trouble

Yeah but that was his fault for displaying an Eels flag in the back window of his car and living in Bulldogs territory. It's just what comes with daring to show your support for an opposition team in enemy territory. Doesn't your co-worker know ANYTHING? :crazy: