What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 2014/15 Off Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lingard

Coach
lol you really believe elected politicians are the most powerful people in Australia? There's probably more aboriginal pollies than there are with Chinese heritage. However I'd say Chinese Australians have better average life outcomes than the rest of us. And they've done it without any special government assistance.

Absolutely spurious argument.
The Chinese that come into this country are generally well-moneyed, well-educated, have employment opportunities handed to them on a plate, and don't come from a position of multi-generational dis-empowerment
and marginalisation.

lingard

Coach
They're not all living in poverty. And the ones that live in cities and go to uni are doing a lot better than the ones who choose to live in remote communities. Urban whites are doing similarly better than white people in impoverished rural communities.

But y'know, people are free to live where they choose.[/QUOTE

:lol::lol::lol:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Refer to my previous post. Their culture is not conducive to the generation of wealth. My reference to the Chinese just shows that being an invader is no prerequisite to getting rich. Sorry if it's too hard for you to follow.

But nice try in attempting to trap me into expressing an unpopular opinion. I guess you're just another person who thinks moral outrage trumps logic. This is why we always end up on opposing sides of these discussions lingard.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
apples and oranges,

you really dont get it, fine, you're entitled to your opinion

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That's just my point. Oranges can be used to make orange juice. Apples are useful for other things. The difference is apples and oranges don't have free will to change.

The Chinese who cling to traditional values (and their ancestral homeland) aren't doing anywhere near as well as the ones who embrace modernisation. But hey, at least they're the best f**king apples you'll find anywhere!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
On a different note, how embarrassing are these Ladbrokes commercials? Market research must have shown them that there is a significant population of self loathing Australian hipsters who wish they were London geezers.

On a different note, how embarrassing are these Ladbrokes commercials? Market research must have shown them that there is a significant population of self loathing Australian hipsters who wish they were London geezers.

With you on that. And congrats for making your first post with which everyone here would agree.

lingard

Coach
Refer to my previous post. Their culture is not conducive to the generation of wealth. My reference to the Chinese just shows that being an invader is no prerequisite to getting rich. Sorry if it's too hard for you to follow.

But nice try in attempting to trap me into expressing an unpopular opinion. I guess you're just another person who thinks moral outrage trumps logic. This is why we always end up on opposing sides of these discussions lingard.

Damn it! I was hoping you would. But, seriously, I'm not interested in moral outrage. I'm probably the least politically correct person I know. We might be on different sides of the fence but it's not because of your logic and my moral outrage, that's for sure.
In any case, I think moral outrage is the thing you're fishing for. You won't get it from me. I just think that some of your 'logic' is way off the mark.

Last edited:

Why they couldn't have got someone who is actually from London to do that ad, rather than an actor who simply can't do accents properly, is beyond me. It's pretty f**king grating.

Gronk

Staff member
Any of you merkins used Uber ? A mate of mine was recently in LA and used Uber to get his family around. It's kinda weird concept that some dude turns up in the family car and takes you to your restaurant or the airport. I downloaded the app and it seems that it's cashless and I joined using my PayPal account (?). The App asks you where your going and then quotes you the fare. Then a driver takes the job and you track him towards you real time on a map. The app even provides you the route, based on traffic etc.

WTF if some merkin turns up in Santa Monica in his pimp mobile. :lol:

xi7jcpjj_carwebsite_blogLarge.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.