What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "3P Get Together" Thread

What dates suits?

• Friday 23rd January 7pm

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Saturday 31st January 12pm

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Sunday 18th January 12pm

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • Whatever day Ron can't make it.

Votes: 14 35.0%

• Total voters

bartman

Immortal
Anyway, one bright spot was that he was confident that the Southern Stand funding would be passed through this year, and the construction of the Southern Stand would be starting sooner rather than later. They're not really bothered by it's capacity, all they care about is what goes in underneath it - as in Function Rooms etc......, as they want the Stadium to be able to pay for itself, and in turn, this may help Parra out with hiring costs etc....
TBH, I'll be shocked if this goes ahead soon under the current econmic climate.
Maybe the funding will come from government as some perceived boost to th economy and infrastructure, in these times of capitalist peril? That's all I can think of... :lol:

Would be fantastic to get a stadium addition - however small but with those vital function facilities - albeit 23 years after the original ground was built :clap:

bartman

Immortal
I certainly detected some source of frustration from him, which probably backs up Colins comments about everything with the current board isn't sugar and spice at the moment. Let me clarify, that Ovo never actually said he wasn't happy, but his frustration was very clearly evident.
I think it's merely our (people on here's) assumption that the current Board are all chummy and see eye to eye etc. Credit to them for being professional and keeping and schisms out of the public eye, but it wouldn't be a Board if there weren't disagreements.

Perhaps now having interacted with the 3P reps elected to the Football Club - and now that that particular egg has been cracked open - it will be interesting if the 7 incumbents all come out as one ticket again, or whether any of them seek to distance themselves from the perception of the old Board as a group, instead seeking to work collaboratively with some 3P members in the run up to the LC elections...

strider

Post Whore
I think it's merely our (people on here's) assumption that the current Board are all chummy and see eye to eye etc. Credit to them for being professional and keeping and schisms out of the public eye, but it wouldn't be a Board if there weren't disagreements.

Perhaps now having interacted with the 3P reps elected to the Football Club - and now that that particular egg has been cracked open - it will be interesting if the 7 incumbents all come out as one ticket again, or whether any of them seek to distance themselves from the perception of the old Board as a group, instead seeking to work collaboratively with some 3P members in the run up to the LC elections...

actually, when you think about it, the current board do NOT promote themselves as a group ..... the only person that put anything out grouping them was really ovo's pre FC elections mailout - i wonder how "group organised" that was??? .... I got the impression on FC election day they were really all a bunch of individuals: didn't hand out how-to-vote flyers co-operatively, mostly didn't sit together inside ..... and tbh I don't have a problem if they are not acting like a group - in a way it can be good to have the differences

bartman

Immortal
I agree. I don't think the best results come from a strict choice between one group or another - ideally you want the best mix that takes any of the best bits from both camps.

I think a difference has been that except for Ovo the "incumbent directors" (to use a group term) had no idea about how to communicate/promote themselves to members. Dr Johnson put out a letter too, but I just found his statements and tone offensive.

Now, post FC elections, some of those LC Directors have seen from 3P how getting organised and actually engaging with members is done, rather than assuming you'll be returned and blaming everyone else when you aren't.

I just wonder if when we do receive material from individual LC directors this time, whether it will contain a "vote for these 7" in all cases, or whether there will be some splintering, and some discussions with 3P this time, so that certain incumbent Directors - since I suspect at least some will get in - stand a better chance of getting in than others.

parra pete

Referee
You'd be doing your bit for the club then, pete.

Suity

I was going to, but used it all up on up on plane tickets getting there...Had a good flight though. Haven't the buildings shot up in Sydney. Last time I was there, the Australia Square building was the tallest around (Do you believe that? ;-)). People's faces haven't changed though..they still walk around with a look of a busted arse covering their dial...They should smile, lighten up...same as people on the forum. To quote my old mate Suity....Ob la di, ob la dah....

Last edited:

Parra Future

Juniors
Thanks Col.
I think we are on for a good year on the field but a very tough financial one.
I wish we had more supporters like the ones I met yesterday.
Do you have the EEL,s 50th anniversary watch?. Its 10 years old but I have a spare new one if you would like it. ...OVO

Alan,

Thank you for the very generous offer above. Very highly appreciated. It is a fantastic offer on your behalf and I would love to say Yes, unfortunately, I do not believe it is the right thing to do on my behalf. I've thought about it for a couple of days now. I was originally going to ring you and thank you and say no, but I thought I'd just drop you a line here. Its your watch and you should give it to one of your grandkids. If you want to give it to someone online, I'd give it to Parra Pete. Everyone on these forums are fanatical and it is hard to pinpoint one person over another, but I believe that Pete would cherish it more than anyone possibly ever could. Please do not think I am being ungrateful, because I do not wish for it to come across that way. Again, thank you very much and no doubt we will catch up in the near future.

Regards,

Col.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
That is correct Spider, absolutely and without doubt. I don't think anyone has ever questioned Ovo's love of this club, or his passion.
However, one of the most disturbing things that came of yesterday's meeting was Ovo's lack of ideas as to how to take on some of the issues which you, and others, raised - re the club and the team. At one stage he even said something along the lines of - we don't know, we're looking for people to come up with ideas. :?
Not reassuring from a chairman overseeing a club turning over $60 million.

The other disturbing thing was that he intimated that he wasn't too happy about some of the decisions that have been made by the board over the years - like the after match function (if you could even call it that) being moved to the Rose and Crown, and in particular, the disgrace that is now the Hall of Fame. I certainly detected some source of frustration from him, which probably backs up Colins comments about everything with the current board isn't sugar and spice at the moment. Let me clarify, that Ovo never actually said he wasn't happy, but his frustration was very clearly evident.

Another thing I found amusing was when he was asked a question about whether the Leagues Club board had ever thought of hiring Parramatta Stadium to run events like the motocross for example. Ovo said that they had thought of it, but the football club board had knocked back their proposals because they didn't want the field damaged. The irony is mind blowing. It was the same 7 men on each board. FMD!!!!! Are they kidding us or not?

Anyway, one bright spot was that he was confident that the Southern Stand funding would be passed through this year, and the construction of the Southern Stand would be starting sooner rather than later. They're not really bothered by it's capacity, all they care about is what goes in underneath it - as in Function Rooms etc......, as they want the Stadium to be able to pay for itself, and in turn, this may help Parra out with hiring costs etc....
TBH, I'll be shocked if this goes ahead soon under the current econmic climate.

I take my hat off to Ovo for coming yesterday. He was put under the pump, but I didn't feel sorry for him. He's our Chairman, and ought to be able to deal with situations like that. On the other hand, I don't think he is getting the support that he needs from the REST of the board. And, that is a disgrace.

Sorry I didn't get to meet you Spiderdan, although I now know who you are. :)

Suity

I questioned why he should be relected months ago, and i was abused from ear lobe to arsehole.

Yes he loves the club, but so do i, change i good!

Latest posts