What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "3P Get Together" Thread

What dates suits?

• Friday 23rd January 7pm

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Saturday 31st January 12pm

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Sunday 18th January 12pm

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • Whatever day Ron can't make it.

Votes: 14 35.0%

• Total voters

Parra Future

Juniors
To whomever can make it 12pm Saturday 31st, see you there. I'm logging off now. I've got to go to work for a few hours in the morning and then I am heading to Parra Leagues Club. As per the last ones, we will be meeting up at Sterlo's bar. Most likely on the balcony. I should be there right near 12.00 on the dot. See you there.

Regards,

Col.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I wont be there, no need for me to be, i'm going to europe in 4 months for 2 years, Parramatta will be the last thing on my mind as well as australia, sorry, but when you're not happy where u are the last thing u need is something u need to remind u of something, i want to stay there.

Hellsy

Immortal
Wow... how cool does this sound??

If you cannot see this email properly, follow the link:
http://www.sydneyroosters.com.au/newsletters/fans/January2009/26.php
header.jpg
membersseasonlaunch_title.jpg
gatorade_logo.jpg
The Sydney Roosters will host their biggest Members Season Launch ever inside the iconic mouth of Sydney's Luna Park.​
Gatorade is rewarding Roosters Members with the event by offering unlimited rides and spectacular views of the harbour city for free.​
The Members Launch, previously Members BBQ, will be held on Sunday 1 March from 10:00am through to 12:00pm for Members only.​
Members will be treated to rides with players and there will be a reserved grass area inside that is restricted to Members.​
The park will not be closed for our Members, however the grassed area will provide enough space to have the Gatorade Hydration Station in place with activities for the kids.​
There will be an area for a signing session and also a chance for Members to purchase all Roosters 2009 merchandise on the day that can be signed by the players.​
Staff and volunteers will be present with groups of players to ensure that players ride the rides with the Members only.​
Members are to email in roostersm@sydneyroosters.com.au to register their place at the event.​
Roosters Junior Members will be able to bring along one guardian on the day but it must be specified in the email when registering your place.​
This is for Members only and not for a Member to register themselves and bring a friend.​
Members will be required to then present their Membership card at the front gate to gain access to this exclusive event.​
Admittance for non-Members to the park is priced from $37.95 for 13-year-olds and above excluding rides.​
If a you are yet to purchase your 09 Membership then this is a perfect opportunity to take advantage of the exclusive Members only Season Launch.​
The benefits of a Membership continue throughout 2009 with ticketed and non-ticketed Memberships.​
If you are a new Member or a renewing Member check out the Roosters membership packages in 2009 here.​
Remember to book your spot at the Members Season Launch today!​
www.sydneyroosters.com.au
© Sydney Roosters Rugby League Football Club 2009

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3814 (20090131) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com

readtracker.php

Unsubscribe from this newsletter.

eelz47

Coach
sounds great, but i thought it was free to get into luna park???

"Admittance for non-Members to the park is priced from $37.95 for 13-year-olds and above excluding rides."​

Parra Future

Juniors
I just wanted to say Well Done Ovo on your efforts today. Its not easy fronting up to a function like today not knowing what people are going to ask or what is going to go down. I think you should be congratulated for firstly, caring about the fans and secondly for giving of your time and answering the quantity of the questions that you did. Well done again.

Regards,

Col.

Yodaeel

Juniors
I just wanted to say Well Done Ovo on your efforts today. Its not easy fronting up to a function like today not knowing what people are going to ask or what is going to go down. I think you should be congratulated for firstly, caring about the fans and secondly for giving of your time and answering the quantity of the questions that you did. Well done again.

Regards,

Col.

Yodaeel

Juniors
Thanks Col.
I think we are on for a good year on the field but a very tough financial one.
I wish we had more supporters like the ones I met yesterday.
Do you have the EEL,s 50th anniversary watch?. Its 10 years old but I have a spare new one if you would like it. ...OVO

parra pete

Referee
Thanks Col.
I think we are on for a good year on the field but a very tough financial one.
I wish we had more supporters like the ones I met yesterday.
Do you have the EEL,s 50th anniversary watch?. Its 10 years old but I have a spare new one if you would like it. ...OVO

I'll have it if he doesn't want it.....:lol:. I'm going into my 49th year of supporting Parramatta. 1960-2009...Just gotta live another year to make it to 50 :pray:..

Suitman

Post Whore
for anyone that's bagged ovo or questioned his motives before i can honestly say i think he has the absolute best interests of parra at heart and operates without ego.

That is correct Spider, absolutely and without doubt. I don't think anyone has ever questioned Ovo's love of this club, or his passion.
However, one of the most disturbing things that came of yesterday's meeting was Ovo's lack of ideas as to how to take on some of the issues which you, and others, raised - re the club and the team. At one stage he even said something along the lines of - we don't know, we're looking for people to come up with ideas. :?
Not reassuring from a chairman overseeing a club turning over $60 million.

The other disturbing thing was that he intimated that he wasn't too happy about some of the decisions that have been made by the board over the years - like the after match function (if you could even call it that) being moved to the Rose and Crown, and in particular, the disgrace that is now the Hall of Fame. I certainly detected some source of frustration from him, which probably backs up Colins comments about everything with the current board isn't sugar and spice at the moment. Let me clarify, that Ovo never actually said he wasn't happy, but his frustration was very clearly evident.

Another thing I found amusing was when he was asked a question about whether the Leagues Club board had ever thought of hiring Parramatta Stadium to run events like the motocross for example. Ovo said that they had thought of it, but the football club board had knocked back their proposals because they didn't want the field damaged. The irony is mind blowing. It was the same 7 men on each board. FMD!!!!! Are they kidding us or not?

Anyway, one bright spot was that he was confident that the Southern Stand funding would be passed through this year, and the construction of the Southern Stand would be starting sooner rather than later. They're not really bothered by it's capacity, all they care about is what goes in underneath it - as in Function Rooms etc......, as they want the Stadium to be able to pay for itself, and in turn, this may help Parra out with hiring costs etc....
TBH, I'll be shocked if this goes ahead soon under the current econmic climate.

I take my hat off to Ovo for coming yesterday. He was put under the pump, but I didn't feel sorry for him. He's our Chairman, and ought to be able to deal with situations like that. On the other hand, I don't think he is getting the support that he needs from the REST of the board. And, that is a disgrace.

Sorry I didn't get to meet you Spiderdan, although I now know who you are. :)

Suity

Stagger eel

Staff member
I think everyone who was there agree that Alan did particularly while he was under difficult circumstances and we sincerely appreciate the time that his given.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Another thing I found amusing was when he was asked a question about whether the Leagues Club board had ever thought of hiring Parramatta Stadium to run events like the motocross for example. Ovo said that they had thought of it, but the football club board had knocked back their proposals because they didn't want the field damaged. The irony is mind blowing. It was the same 7 men on each board. FMD!!!!! Are they kidding us or not?

Suity

just on that suit and please excuse me if I'm mistaken but haven't you confused the Leagues club board with the Trust board?? :?..if you have than I can understand the football club board being against the idea.

Suitman

Post Whore
just on that suit and please excuse me if I'm mistaken but haven't you confused the Leagues club board with the Trust board?? :?..if you have than I can understand the football club board being against the idea.

No, it was specifically asked of him had the LCB investigated the opportunity, and he specifically replied that the Football club knocked it back. Maybe he didn't hear the question properly.

Suity

Stagger eel

Staff member
No, it was specifically asked of him had the LCB investigated the opportunity, and he specifically replied that the Football club knocked it back. Maybe he didn't hear the question properly.

Suity

ok..you might be right but I'm just trying to get my head around how the LCB have the responsability of staging events at the stadium..

Suitman

Post Whore
ok..you might be right but I'm just trying to get my head around how the LCB have the responsability of staging events at the stadium..

It was asked, I think by HJ, as a possible idea as a means to raise extra income. They would just be a promoter, and hire the stadium as per normal.

Suity

Latest posts