What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "3P Get Together" Thread

What dates suits?

• Friday 23rd January 7pm

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Saturday 31st January 12pm

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Sunday 18th January 12pm

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • Whatever day Ron can't make it.

Votes: 14 35.0%

• Total voters

Parra Future

Juniors
Any fans board would most likely not be taken seriously as the football club membership is the way to raise issues and have a voice.

I hope you don't take this the wrong way, I seriously am not being arrogant or anything. I seriously do not understand what you are trying to say. Can you rephrase the above in some other way for me? From what I read of the above, are you saying that individuals that use this forum that may get together to discuss issues won't be acted upon? As I said, I am not taking the micky out of you, I seriously don't understand if that is what you mean or something else. I can guarantee you that anything that is brought up on these three days will all be put forward. I also hope to have some of the directors there on each of the three days as well as others from within 3P. If you feel you need to talk to me regarding anything at all, I am more than willing to listen and try to help in anyway. Thanks.

Freak2

Juniors
Sunday 18th January 12pm
1) Col Green (Parra Future)
2) The Colonel
3) Stagger (Work permitting)
4) Nikki
5) Parra Guru
6) Glenn (Work Permitting)
7) JessEel

Friday 23rd January 7pm
2) The Colonel
3) Stagger (Work Permitting)
4) Nikki
5) Suity (at a stretch)
6) eel01s
7) JessEel
8) Freak2

Saturday 31st January 12pm
2) Stagger (Work Permitting)
3) Nikki
4) Parra Guru
5) Suity
7) JessEel

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I hope you don't take this the wrong way, I seriously am not being arrogant or anything. I seriously do not understand what you are trying to say. Can you rephrase the above in some other way for me? From what I read of the above, are you saying that individuals that use this forum that may get together to discuss issues won't be acted upon? As I said, I am not taking the micky out of you, I seriously don't understand if that is what you mean or something else. I can guarantee you that anything that is brought up on these three days will all be put forward. I also hope to have some of the directors there on each of the three days as well as others from within 3P. If you feel you need to talk to me regarding anything at all, I am more than willing to listen and try to help in anyway. Thanks.

My point is that the meetings of the Parramatta Football Club are meant to be the forum for ideas and debate. If you are not a member then to get a voice you must join. There is no point to holding a separate meeting to discuss what people want brought up at the meeting. It is up to individuals but I think the idea sets up another unnecessary tier.

I know you are not being arrogant, I am not offended if you can't understand a fairly simple viewpoint.

Parra Future

Juniors
My point is that the meetings of the Parramatta Football Club are meant to be the forum for ideas and debate. If you are not a member then to get a voice you must join. There is no point to holding a separate meeting to discuss what people want brought up at the meeting. It is up to individuals but I think the idea sets up another unnecessary tier.

I know you are not being arrogant, I am not offended if you can't understand a fairly simple viewpoint.

No, your alright, I truthfully wanted you to clarify if I thought you meant what you did. You are right in some regards, however, as I said in my previous post, everything that is brought up on these days will be given to the current directors to deal with and we are fair dinkum wishing to improve all aspects regarding the Football Club. Part of this is communication and involvement with people. This is part of the process. We do need to increase the membership numbers of the club however, even if someone is not a member, your ideas are still important if you wish to bring them up on one of these days. If a non-member comes up to me and gives us a great idea, we are not going to turn away from it because they are a non-member.

Alot of the people on this forum are extremely pro-parra and do come up with a lot of ideas. The view is to utilise it and see some of these ideas come to life instead of never going anywhere. Just so I can clarify something again however: 1) Yes, one of our goals is to increase membership but 2) Everyones views are important to us, not just the members. There are alot of people involved within the Parra world. Obviously staff and players, fans & supporters, sponsors and season ticket holders, members and non members. We wish to improve things not just for the members, but for everyone involved with the "Parra-World". There is no way to please everyone, but to try to make the place alot better than what it is currently is the goal we will be constantly trying to outdo.

The more ideas the better. The more that are implemented, even better, the more bums on seats, the better the atmosphere, the more money for the club. The more money for the club, the stronger chance of keeping Parra around for an eternity and building a better network of other revenue making areas.

Sorry for waffling on, and thanks for clarifying your previous comments.

Parra Future

Juniors
I forgot to mention in the above post, that even if you are a member currently, for 95% of the population, that would still only mean that they would see the current directors potentially once every two years at the AGM where they could raise questions. The non-members may not get that opportunity (some do, it depends who you know I suppose).

What we are trying to do is make people more accessible and more often, e.g Monthly to Bi-monthly at worst. On top of this availability, we are not making ourselves available to a limited few, we are making ourselves available to all as promised. Its a two way street. We did not wish to take power then shut up shop and ignore everyone. We wanted to take power, implement change, work with the people and give everyone a say. Obviously we may not agree with everyone all the time, but if things are reasonable and feasable then they should be tried to see if those things can or do work.

bartman

Immortal
What we are trying to do is make people more accessible and more often, e.g Monthly to Bi-monthly at worst. On top of this availability, we are not making ourselves available to a limited few, we are making ourselves available to all as promised. Its a two way street. We did not wish to take power then shut up shop and ignore everyone. We wanted to take power, implement change, work with the people and give everyone a say. Obviously we may not agree with everyone all the time, but if things are reasonable and feasable then they should be tried to see if those things can or do work.
Sounds good to me Colin. After all this is only what a lot of people were wanting/hoping for from the club they belong to.

I'm going to come to one of the meets, just don't know which one yet! I voted for "any day Ron Jeremy can't make it", so I have to wait for his reply first ;-)

Parra Future

Juniors
Sounds good to me Colin. After all this is only what a lot of people were wanting/hoping for from the club they belong to.

I'm going to come to one of the meets, just don't know which one yet! I voted for "any day Ron Jeremy can't make it", so I have to wait for his reply first ;-)

I'm pretty sure Ron said that if he found out who voted for that option, he as going to hunt them down.:shock:

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'm pretty sure Ron said that if he found out who voted for that option, he as going to hunt them down.:shock:

that'll mean Ron will have to leave his suburb of Terrigal, that'll be a task on it's own maybe we can entice him with a couple of strippers and a Bogan Jovi cover band.:lol:

btw Col, I realise the the team to contest the LC ellection will be announced early Feb but has the make up of the team been decided? and how aggresive will the campaign be?

Parra Future

Juniors
that'll mean Ron will have to leave his suburb of Terrigal, that'll be a task on it's own maybe we can entice him with a couple of strippers and a Bogan Jovi cover band.:lol:

btw Col, I realise the the team to contest the LC ellection will be announced early Feb but has the make up of the team been decided? and how aggresive will the campaign be?

Stagger,

In regards to the makeup, there are about 18 people within our group who are eligible to run, however 12 of them are being looked at very carefully by us to pick the final 7. We still may have more than 7 running but there will be standard candidates on our tickets if we have more than one due to the numbers. It will be structured very well. When we catch up in person Stagger, ask me this question again in regards to why will we structure it in that way, and I'll let you know. In regards to the campaign, I would believe "very aggressive".

Parra Future

Juniors
Stagger,

I should add that since day one, we had a group of 7 for the FC and a different group of 7 for the LC. We also had others who were on standby who could fill in for whatever reason. Prior to the election of the FC, we actually had 10 people who were nominated for the FC before we announced our ticket. As fate would have it, 3 were then told they couldn't run. So it was good that we had the numbers to still fill a ticket.

In regards to the LC election, again, we have a group of 7 that we would like to run with, but we are just double checking a few things and making sure that we get the best group of individuals to stand for the board. There could be one or two cross-overs that ran for the FC but that is still decided. We wanted the majority of our nominees to be different in both as that was one of the things we disliked about how things were currently done (e.g we disliked the fact that there was the same 7 on both boards). Our goal is to get all our info together by the end of Jan so that early Feb we are all agreed on the final 7 that will be put forward.

Regards,

Col.

Stagger eel

Staff member
thanks Col..

aggresive was probably a stupid question, I was actually intrigued how far the campaign will take you to get the message accross to those members who aren't football savvy but I guess we'll touch on that when I see you next.

Hellsy

Immortal
Sunday 18th January 12pm
2) The Colonel
4) Nikki
5) Parra Guru
7) JessEel
8) Hellsy (at this stage)

Friday 23rd January 7pm
2) The Colonel
4) Nikki
5) Suity (at a stretch)
6) eel01s
7) JessEel
8) Freak2
9) Hellsy (at this stage)

3) Nikki
4) Parra Guru
5) Suity
7) JessEel

Nikki

Coach
I forgot to mention in the above post, that even if you are a member currently, for 95% of the population, that would still only mean that they would see the current directors potentially once every two years at the AGM where they could raise questions. The non-members may not get that opportunity (some do, it depends who you know I suppose).

You bought up a point I was going to make of only having your voice heard once a year at the AGM during General Business. And even that can be very scary for a lot of people. Yet here we are with the new board members wanting to hear our opinions within 8 weeks of winning the election. I think this is fantastic!! All the members of 3P that I have come across so far are very approachable (spl). And I can see this as being a good thing membership wise as well. If you are an LU member and not a member of the Footy Club, come along, have a listen and if you like what you hear, sign up. Or for those that are Footy club members and have mates who are not LU or Footy club members, bring them along, they may eventually sign up as well. Its all about being positive!! :D

Suitman

Post Whore
No, your alright, I truthfully wanted you to clarify if I thought you meant what you did. You are right in some regards, however, as I said in my previous post, everything that is brought up on these days will be given to the current directors to deal with and we are fair dinkum wishing to improve all aspects regarding the Football Club. Part of this is communication and involvement with people. This is part of the process. We do need to increase the membership numbers of the club however, even if someone is not a member, your ideas are still important if you wish to bring them up on one of these days. If a non-member comes up to me and gives us a great idea, we are not going to turn away from it because they are a non-member.

Alot of the people on this forum are extremely pro-parra and do come up with a lot of ideas. The view is to utilise it and see some of these ideas come to life instead of never going anywhere. Just so I can clarify something again however: 1) Yes, one of our goals is to increase membership but 2) Everyones views are important to us, not just the members. There are alot of people involved within the Parra world. Obviously staff and players, fans & supporters, sponsors and season ticket holders, members and non members. We wish to improve things not just for the members, but for everyone involved with the "Parra-World". There is no way to please everyone, but to try to make the place alot better than what it is currently is the goal we will be constantly trying to outdo.

The more ideas the better. The more that are implemented, even better, the more bums on seats, the better the atmosphere, the more money for the club. The more money for the club, the stronger chance of keeping Parra around for an eternity and building a better network of other revenue making areas.

Sorry for waffling on, and thanks for clarifying your previous comments.

And parra pete thinks that this was/is the best run club in the ARL (sic).

LOL.

Suity

eelaholic

First Grade
Sunday 18th January 12pm
2) The Colonel
4) Nikki
5) Parra Guru
7) JessEel
9) eelaholic

Friday 23rd January 7pm
2) The Colonel
4) Nikki
5) Suity (at a stretch)
6) eel01s
7) JessEel
8) Freak2
9) Hellsy (at this stage)
10) eelaholic (will try to make it after footy training)

3) Nikki
4) Parra Guru
5) Suity
7) JessEel
9) eelaholic (will try to make it after footy trial)

parra pete

Referee
And parra pete thinks that this was/is the best run club in the ARL (sic).

LOL.

Suity

The Parramatta District Football Club does NOT control the NRL Club. The NRL Club is controlled by the Leagues Club. AND YES, I do consider it the Parramatta District Football Club the best run Club in the ARL. Name a better one -
Did you read the PDFC Annual Report for 2008?
The Eels Club Champions, Wenty the Premiers, two of the Junior sides in GF, one Premiers, Development squads for 15s and 17s, strong schools program..what more do you want?

Ray Price, Brett Kenny, John Chidiac, Eric Grothe members of 3P..Their input into the running of the Parramatta Eels NRL at present is ZILCH....
And mate, trying to belittle me with snide remarks has no affect on my thinking - or attitude. I mightn't be as smart as you, or as young as you or in the clique`...but I have been around the block a few times...

Parra Future

Juniors
The Parramatta District Football Club does NOT control the NRL Club. The NRL Club is controlled by the Leagues Club. AND YES, I do consider it the Parramatta District Football Club the best run Club in the ARL. Name a better one -
Did you read the PDFC Annual Report for 2008?
The Eels Club Champions, Wenty the Premiers, two of the Junior sides in GF, one Premiers, Development squads for 15s and 17s, strong schools program..what more do you want?

Ray Price, Brett Kenny, John Chidiac, Eric Grothe members of 3P..Their input into the running of the Parramatta Eels NRL at present is ZILCH....
And mate, trying to belittle me with snide remarks has no affect on my thinking - or attitude. I mightn't be as smart as you, or as young as you or in the clique`...but I have been around the block a few times...

PP, the results from last years teams within the FC were very good. That doesn't mean that other things could have been better like fan involvement, communication, availability at board level to spend with supporters etc. I am not saying that the previous board were bad, I'm just stating it left a lot to be desired.

Point 2 is that everyone pro the old board brings up Club Championships all the time. You find me a fan that wants to win Club Championships more than wants to win a 1st Grade Grand Final. Thats where you get the real kudos.

Point 3. Don't you find it sad that we have so many talented juniors, yet alot of the really good ones are not kept in the system. Makes you kind of wonder doesn't it.

Point 4. The NEWLY appointed directors you mentioned above are directors of the FC, not the LC so you are correct AT THIS POINT IN TIME. Within another 6 months you may not be correct because ownership could be transferred back to the FC and a new structure set in place to position our club in team in higher sted for the future.

Point 5. How can you say that they have done zilch when the previous attack that the pro-old boys used to say was that "Why do they always talk about first grade when the FC doesn't run it". Previously that was used against us. Now we are on the board and it is being brought up that our input is Zilch. We would love it if that was not the case. Unfortunatley, we did not set up the current system, otherwise we would not be in this predicament.

Point 6. I don't think Suity was having a shot, I just think that he believes that he is happy with how things have progressed since the elections. Don't get me wrong PP, its only been a week or so. There is alot to do and I can tell you right now of around 30 guys I know behind the scenes at 3P who are working their butts off right now with business and marketing plans to strenthen the plans that we already have in place.

PP, take a breath, calm down and wish everyone a happy Christmas. You take care of yourself and I hope you and your family have a good holiday.

Regards,

The present giving, baby kissing, manipulative, string pulling spin doctor previously known as Parra Future.

fish eel

Immortal
Fish, are you suggesting that Parra Pete has the gig already sown up and I'm unemployable in this neck of the woods now????????? ;-)

:lol:

This, is in fact, Parra 'maverick' Pete

barnaby_joyce_narrowweb__300x429,0.jpg

Latest posts