What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "3P Get Together" Thread

What dates suits?

• Friday 23rd January 7pm

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Saturday 31st January 12pm

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Sunday 18th January 12pm

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • Whatever day Ron can't make it.

Votes: 14 35.0%

• Total voters

Parra Future

Juniors
:lol:

This, is in fact, Parra 'maverick' Pete

barnaby_joyce_narrowweb__300x429,0.jpg

Is the above picture PP pondering which of the three dates that he should choose to come and talk with all the other LU members or maybe he is thinking above of coming to all 3. I think in the photo, he is probably thinking 3P only gives us 3 days to work with in January. The previous board would have given us 31.

Come on PP, come back. I'm missing you already. I'm going to have to go to bed soon. And Ron isn't around to make any comments like about Bon Jovi Jeans above or something like that. :D

fish eel

Immortal
No, I think he is already pondering the overthrow of the FC board and a return to the Old World Order.

Parra Future

Juniors
Ron Jeremy,

Because I miss you so much, I just came up with the following lyrics from a classic Bon Jovi song which you know all so well. But you can picture your favourite friends singing the different lines now that we have the FC and we are going for the LC.

Parra Future = PF
Parra Pete = PP

PF : O O, we're half way there
PP : Your living on a prayer (sorry had to insert Your in there)

PF : Take my hand, we'll make it I swear
PP : O O Your living on a prayer

Ron, if we win the Leagues Club, what do you reckon, should we blast out "Kickstart my Heart"? or if we were to lose (lets not think about that option), maybe we could belt out Twisted Sista's "We're not going to take it"?

Suitman

Post Whore
PP, the results from last years teams within the FC were very good. That doesn't mean that other things could have been better like fan involvement, communication, availability at board level to spend with supporters etc. I am not saying that the previous board were bad, I'm just stating it left a lot to be desired.

Point 2 is that everyone pro the old board brings up Club Championships all the time. You find me a fan that wants to win Club Championships more than wants to win a 1st Grade Grand Final. Thats where you get the real kudos.

Point 3. Don't you find it sad that we have so many talented juniors, yet alot of the really good ones are not kept in the system. Makes you kind of wonder doesn't it.

Point 4. The NEWLY appointed directors you mentioned above are directors of the FC, not the LC so you are correct AT THIS POINT IN TIME. Within another 6 months you may not be correct because ownership could be transferred back to the FC and a new structure set in place to position our club in team in higher sted for the future.

Point 5. How can you say that they have done zilch when the previous attack that the pro-old boys used to say was that "Why do they always talk about first grade when the FC doesn't run it". Previously that was used against us. Now we are on the board and it is being brought up that our input is Zilch. We would love it if that was not the case. Unfortunatley, we did not set up the current system, otherwise we would not be in this predicament.

Point 6. I don't think Suity was having a shot, I just think that he believes that he is happy with how things have progressed since the elections. Don't get me wrong PP, its only been a week or so. There is alot to do and I can tell you right now of around 30 guys I know behind the scenes at 3P who are working their butts off right now with business and marketing plans to strenthen the plans that we already have in place.

PP, take a breath, calm down and wish everyone a happy Christmas. You take care of yourself and I hope you and your family have a good holiday.

Regards,

The present giving, baby kissing, manipulative, string pulling spin doctor previously known as Parra Future.

With all due respect PF, I ACTUALLY was HAVING A SHOT.

If pete wants to fire some bullets, he should expect them back.

He complains about comments about his age, yet refuses to call Parramatta Stadium anything other than Cumberland Oval. :-k Go figure?

He constantly refers to his time following the Eels, using sarcasm to suggest that anyone who has followed the Eels for a shorter period of time doesn't know as much as him. Really? :roll:

He belittles others opinions with a very narrowminded range of his own opinion - basically, again sarcasm, as his argument is usually weak.
Clever. :clap:

TBH, he is the quintessential version, of what has held this club back over the past years, and of which, the actual football club members had a vote on last week.

Lets move forward, and not stay stagnant.
I want to follow an Eels of the new millenium. I've seen the 60's, 70, 80's and 90's versions. They gave me much joy.
Let it continue, and let's take it to another level.

Suity

Parra Future

Juniors
Suity,

Lets just face it. I was trying to be nice. Don't blow my cover, + its xmas. Wait till boxing day, then box on.

parra pete

Referee
Colin,

I am pro Fitzy. That somehow makes me a person akin to having the plague.
The Football Club Annual Report suggests, nah it shows, that the part of the Club which is controlled by the Board had a very good year in 2008.
Again I ask the question. What Club had a better season than PDFC in 2008 in terms of success, programs in place and financially. And I am not talking about the Eels NRL side, as you know is a seperate entity to the Club run by the PDFC.
AND Suity...have a look at some of your own posts concerning belittlement.
It will be a sad old day when people are not encouraged to put up an alternative view to main stream.
I am what I am....
Would your mob been able to retain Tony Williams, Trent Hodgkinson...and who else has slipped through the system, and if so how, based on the fact that a Salary Cap is in place to ensure the talent is spread.
If I call the Stadium Cumberland, who gives a continental. If my posts are considered sarcastic, again who gives a flying. If I am not part of the clique` who cares.

Suitman

Post Whore
Colin,

I am pro Fitzy. That somehow makes me a person akin to having the plague.

No, not at all, and therein lies your problem.

If you'd care to go back and take a look, I, and many others, actually stated that Fitzy WASN'T THE PROBLEM. Try looking at some of Hellsy's posts, or Colonels, or Fish Eels, or Forward Pass's etc...........there is a multitude of others.

It is all about the stagnation of the club. No one has denied that the Football Club isn't running well. Please quote me a post that says it has.
What this is about, and you keep avoiding the obvious with "if it ain't broke, it don't need fixing" line, is that the club IS falling behind in it's progression.
And if YOU don't think it is.........and if YOU think it will survive the ages............well that's fine. Good luck to you.
Because a lot of us have seen what has happened to Norths, and Souths, and St George, and Wests, and Newtown and to be honest mate, we don't want to see it happen to the Eels. OK?

Some of the best memories of my life were spent there. Saving seats in the old grandstand for my mum and dad. The old Ray Price Stand banner that mum spent hours sewing up. It was at every match he played at at Cumbo in the 70's. Selling icecreams. I had at least 5 mates who used to walk around the hills selling the old Lion paddle pops out of boxes. They used to get a dollar a box. Some days, on the big game days, they'd sell 20. That was big bucks in those days. I used to sit on my dad's shoulders to the left of the grandstand next to Eddie Boulous. When I finally got my schoolboy pass, I would catch a 9.00 am bus from Dundas along Kissing Point Rd, and cue up and get into the ground before the paying public, because the gates would open for pass holders before cash payers.
Sometimes the queue would be back to O'Connell street, and then along it to the Leagues Club. Those times will forever live in my memory, and I already tell my kids about them.

But, we must move on.
So, you can take your Cumberland Oval, and shove it up your arse.
It'll always be there in our hearts, in my heart, but, seemingly against your desire, we have a Parramatta Stadium to look after, and help prosper.

Suity

Last edited:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Ron Jeremy,

Because I miss you so much, I just came up with the following lyrics from a classic Bon Jovi song which you know all so well. But you can picture your favourite friends singing the different lines now that we have the FC and we are going for the LC.

Parra Future = PF
Parra Pete = PP

PF : O O, we're half way there
PP : Your living on a prayer (sorry had to insert Your in there)

PF : Take my hand, we'll make it I swear
PP : O O Your living on a prayer

Ron, if we win the Leagues Club, what do you reckon, should we blast out "Kickstart my Heart"? or if we were to lose (lets not think about that option), maybe we could belt out Twisted Sista's "We're not going to take it"?

:lol: sorry dude, been away a little bit, been quite busy with all the christmas stuff and all, as well as keeping myself in good condition for the mirror:D

'Kickstart my heart' should be played at every Parramatta game after we score a try, it really gets the adrenalin going, none of this techno crap, people want to feel inspired by a band that has sold millions and performed at the biggest arenas around the world:D

Other suggestions-'Just like Living in Paradise' Diamond David Lee Roth, another proven performer and as inspirational as they come.

'Welcome to the Jungle' is another as well as 'here i go again' by Whitesnake, David Coverdale=God.

If Fish had his way we'd be hearing Frankie goes to Hollywood at Parramatta games as well as George Michael and Grace Jones, he has the worst music taste ever imagined, hell he thinks You Am I are actually world famous:lol:;-) they're as world famous as David Kosh and Tim Bailey.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Sounds good to me Colin. After all this is only what a lot of people were wanting/hoping for from the club they belong to.

I'm going to come to one of the meets, just don't know which one yet! I voted for "any day Ron Jeremy can't make it", so I have to wait for his reply first ;-)

Hope you come down with the sh*ts someting cronic and when you vist the toilet it's gladwrapped, a kodak moment for all;-)

Ron Jeremy

Coach
that'll mean Ron will have to leave his suburb of Terrigal, that'll be a task on it's own maybe we can entice him with a couple of strippers and a Bogan Jovi cover band.:lol:

btw Col, I realise the the team to contest the LC ellection will be announced early Feb but has the make up of the team been decided? and how aggresive will the campaign be?

How many albums have Bon Jovi sold again?:cool:

I do travel outside, but it hasto be worth my time, girls can be a huge incentive, and lets face it, i don't wanna drive outside my area to a place which is a sausage fest, last time i did that i ended up meeting You, Fish and Suity while you were all Sword fighting.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Just to piss everyone off that voted for when i couln't make it, i'm going no matter what day it's on, suck sh*t hahaha i'll just ring up work and say i'm sick lol i'm due to take one.

parra pete

Referee
The correct abbreviation of you are is you're and not your.

Thanks for pointing that out to Col..If I am to be used in parody, let me, at least, speak correctly.

"IS falling behind in it's progression." Would you also point out to Suity that there is no apostrophe in ' its '. If I do it, it will be classed as sarcastic.

BTW, Happy birthday for Thursday too HJ.

Suity did not answer my question.....What Club performed better than the PDFC in regards to its responsibilities in 2008 - and in what way, taking into account that the Football Club does not control the NRL team?

spiderdan

Bench
:lol: sorry dude, been away a little bit, been quite busy with all the christmas stuff and all, as well as keeping myself in good condition for the mirror:D

'Kickstart my heart' should be played at every Parramatta game after we score a try, it really gets the adrenalin going, none of this techno crap, people want to feel inspired by a band that has sold millions and performed at the biggest arenas around the world:D

Other suggestions-'Just like Living in Paradise' Diamond David Lee Roth, another proven performer and as inspirational as they come.

'Welcome to the Jungle' is another as well as 'here i go again' by Whitesnake, David Coverdale=God.

If Fish had his way we'd be hearing Frankie goes to Hollywood at Parramatta games as well as George Michael and Grace Jones, he has the worst music taste ever imagined, hell he thinks You Am I are actually world famous:lol:;-) they're as world famous as David Kosh and Tim Bailey.
for some good old 80's inspiration i don'tthink you can go past joe esposito's you're the best or survivor's eye of the tiger or moment of truth.

Suitman

Post Whore
Suity did not answer my question.....What Club performed better than the PDFC in regards to its responsibilities in 2008 - and in what way, taking into account that the Football Club does not control the NRL team?

If you don't know what 3P's objectives are by now, there is no hope for you.

Suity