What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 4 Nations

big pat

Coach
both games have been boring, boyd may play against the kiwi's, young should get a start as well.

to_ddeath

Coach
Agree. Our blokes really don't deserve to play for such a rubbish National team anyway...

T.

Cooper-Man

Bench
well said chris.

They moved Brett out of his prefered position to make way for lote who didnt even play origin and has only been back in the game for one season. What a load of crap.

To top it off, they have watmough in the team over players like young, scott and creagh.

LOAD OF CRAP. Its a slap in the face to the premiers.

Minh

First Grade
They still hate us but we're Premiers and hoping for back to back next year.

Minh

First Grade
they'll say we're chokers because we can't handle being Premiers now if we don't perform next year LOL. But we will perform!!!

MattYg1

Bench
I havent watched a second of it... (granted the NBA season has begun)

Lack of competition, The Brits are sh!te and the PNG goes without saying.

I am with Dave, i think it should be a State of Origin style best of 3 series V the Kiwis... that would be awesome...

2010Dragons

Bench
What a waste of time and effort.
They should rename it 2 ½ nations.
The POMS are hopeless and not in the hunt and the PNG team are just hilarious to watch. (poor buggers).

saint_girl

Juniors
They need to get over the whole international game thing. Rugby league isn't and I can't see it ever being an international game. Leave that sort of thing to Soccer and Rugby Union.

Lets just concentrate on our national game and the odd game against the kiwis.

TheRev

First Grade
I look at the Dragons side, and frankly I dont really see anyone who belongs in the Australian side (i.e. best in slot), this is what I have said all year.. we are playing beyond our abilities as a disciplined team, and this is why I get frustrated when we are compared to the other sides with "genuine" Origin and Internationals, who have the talent to play more razzle dazzle.

The only guys who have a chance are:
Creagh - Classy Backrower, but Lewis was best on field against England & Thaiday was outstanding too, but from the bench perhaps.

Morris - When in form he is a world class finisher, but he isnt in outstanding form right now, and he isnt as strong at creating opportunities from a stnding start, like a Hayne or Slater, or Gordon etc, and thats whats needed at rep level, you dont get the space like in the NRL.

Boyd - Maybe a wing spot, he is a class player, again not brilliant at creating opportunities out of nothing, and unfortunately for him, there are some freaks at Fullback in the NRL right now. However he did play well on the wing for QLD.

Cooper - His performance for NSW basically killed his chances, but he has the quality.. im not big on either Tate or Tonga, both are perfectly fine players, I just feel we have better out there, Tate is solid, but hes slow, and it was painful watching him mess up opportunities on the right, and not get the ball to Morris.

but agree with the others, there are some really questionable picks in the Australian Team.. Tuqori, Watmough & maybe Gallen getting starts makes no sense, I just think we have much better options.. likewise with Tonga & Tate.

saint_girl

Juniors
Pfft, it might be played in many nations but not very well. But it my own personal opinion, no one else has to like it.

There are only 2 competitive international teams. Us and NZ. Thats not much of an international competition. No wonder other codes have a good chuckle at us over it.