What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The ??? 4

Clifferd

Coach
A fit and motivated Big Ben would be a like for like replacement for Woods. Fit and motivated is a bit of a question at the moment

However a fit and motivate Big Ben with Woods would form the basis of a pack that could provide Brooks and whoever the space to develop their game. It would be stupid to give up elite players without a fight and Woods is one of the elite props in the game

So much this. Having both of them with Ava, Sue, Aloiai on the bench would be awesome

Tiger05

First Grade
Dude

It's more than likely that woods is not the one asking for that money. Bulldogs offered him one million, which is bullshit money for a prop but honestly if you were him you'd take it too wouldn't you?

To be fair none of us know what he is after or what the Bulldogs are offering him. Personally money doesn't mean that much to me and I would have done a deal a long time ago with the Tigers without a player manager. That saves me 10%-15% of my wage and there is a whole bunch less drama.

We do know that Woods and the whole big 4 have been holding out and we've offered all of them overs. I think that this is on advice on their manager who is a turd but at the end of the day these guys are old enough to make their own decisions.

I don't think any club will offer any of these guys including Moses more than what we've offered. These rumours of big offers are just rumours. Even if they are true we don't have to play that game.

Radical Rat

Juniors
I dunno, I still think it's solid and far from our issues. Penrith and Canberra tried to batter our middle defense for the firs 30 mins in their respective games against us, realised it wasn't really working then started going out wide and comedy hour arrived

Yes but it's easy to have a solid middle when your defensive line is so compressed. The problem with this set-up has been evident over the last few weeks with how much space there is out wide.

We can't keep defending with such a compressed line. Let's see how solid our middle is when we spread out a bit, I have my doubts.

Clifferd

Coach
Yes but it's easy to have a solid middle when your defensive line is so compressed. The problem with this set-up has been evident over the last few weeks with how much space there is out wide.

We can't keep defending with such a compressed line. Let's see how solid our middle is when we spread out a bit, I have my doubts.

Fair enough, I've only been able to make it to see our round 1 game and we did a lot of attacking that game so didn't really notice how our defense was set up. And it's hard to tell on tv

Imo compressed lines only work when defending probably inside the opposition 20. Anywhere else except maybe our goal line is pretty dumb

Radical Rat

Juniors
Fair enough, I've only been able to make it to see our round 1 game and we did a lot of attacking that game so didn't really notice how our defense was set up. And it's hard to tell on tv

Imo compressed lines only work when defending probably inside the opposition 20. Anywhere else except maybe our goal line is pretty dumb

Spot on. It's suicide defending that way 40 metres out from your goal line.

Any coach worth his salt will exploit that. Mary McGregor just did it for Gods sake.

If 'Nick the Greek' doesn't want to deal with Isaac Moses at Bondi Junction, that must not only be a plus for the Tigers, it might make Teddy think about his future with his manager. If he stays or leaves, that must be a good thing for him.

The former EEL, 48er, Fiji Rugby 7's player wants to return to Sydney, hopefully to Bondi Junction but even if it is Teddy that heads east or to the Bulldogs, Michael Gordon might be a cheap pickup and it would be good to have a goal kicker.

If Woods heads to Dogs, hopefully we can pick up a particular pom. Tigers and Magpies have a good record with pommy forwards.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I haven't read all the posts yet but if Moses wants to go and Parra want him that bad there has to be a deal available to get Manu Ma'u to over to us.

Das Hassler

Bench
As good as it would be to have the magnificient two staying and happy to stay, there were 8 teams that made the finals last year and the years before who didnt have them in their team
As Jack Gibson replied to a reporter after being reminded that the win was against a side missing their superstar...." well he didn't play for us either"
As good as they are they've been over hyped...they stay...they go..whatever ..just get it done and dont look back

Well they say a week is a long time in rugby league and after being away from any sort of media I'm happy to say we've made 2 very great decisions back to back being Cleary and Moses. I never thought I'd be typing those words again but there you go.

From what I've been reading today Cleary doesn't have absolute control over recruitment and retention but has a say? Is this right because he needs to have complete control over everything. The last guys in charge of this area have been absolute rubbish. I also hope the talk of Moses being offered $1mil a year is just that. If not a Geoff Toovey style investigation needs to be launched to remove every individual involved in making it. Cleary obviously sees something he can work with in Brooks. Personally I would have offered no more than $400K a year but I'll defer to his better judgement.

I'd love to keep Tedesco and Woods but as others have said within reason. I'd go to 1.1 with Teddy and $650K with Woods. Where are the roosters finding cap space for Tedesco with their roster? If that deal is allowed to be done the NRL has lost the shred of credibility it was holding on to.

Good to see the Grace Jones has no future with the club. Things are looking up and there's room for optimism. As far as future recruitment goes I'd want team first people who can tackle and have a point to prove. 13 ET's would do me. At least we'd be competitive in every game.

I was just told that on 2SM's Talking Sport this afternoon, someone said that the Togers will announce tomorrow that Moses won't play against the Cowboys and will be released this weekend.

Questions,
when did Parramatta first meet with Moses?
How long has Moses known that he wanted out?
Cleary according to the press had one on one discussions with each player on Monday or was it Tuesday? Did Moses call his manager straight away?
Was the on the bus or not comment directed at Moses?

Kilkenny

Coach
Tedesco was the only one of the so called big four that was a must keep and that is sadly looking unlikely.

On a positive note, I personally think you are better off starting from scratch. Luke Brooks has apparently signed but for the sake of the future the others can piss off and your salary cap will be in a good place for Ivan Cleary to build from scratch. Short term pain long term gain.

soc123_au

Staff member
Maybe Ivan can mend fences with Tim Grant & get him playing to his potential. He is at the age where he should be at his best for a front rower. He was looking like he was going to be a gun until what ever happened that caused the rift with him at Penrith. If someone can light the fire under him he has it in him to shit on Woods.

hindy111

Post Whore
Woods is close, very close. Which club? Well ask moses.

Yes parra had offer to mitch a few weeks back and pulled bird offer once knew. Id say it was all done before Ivan.

Clifferd

Coach
Woods is apparently almost a done deal to the Dogz

Moses will be released sometime next week

No idea about Teddy

Grant seems too small for a prop for me always tries hard but gets smashed. Might be better as an edge backrower

hindy111

Post Whore
Woods dogs? Hmmmm maybe not so fast. Atleast youl have a clear salary cap to start again.
Teddy off to tri colours.

Clifferd

Coach
Heard from a reliable source Woods and his manager had talks with the Bulldogs a couple days ago and he seemed happy with the offer. Not 100% certain obviously but we should know next week by the latest where he'll end up ... chances are slim he'll be here unfortunately

natheel

Coach
I hope you guys don't lose Tedesco. If you can keep him you have a great player to build around

Vozzy

Juniors
Surely the dogs and roosters wpuld have ro cut a few players for them to sign woods and tedasco

Graham, Morris brothers, Klemmer, Jackson. Would all be on descent money. They probably pay other players more then they are worth like Reynolds mbye leacha Hoopa.

Pearce keary Cordiner and a stack of others would be on a lot. Plus mitchell will be asking for more.